12" lotr line on hold

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fool of a Took

They still have the license for LotR 12" and something could happen that would make them decide to continue.

Something like the fans uniting and requesting nicely to continue the line?...
I know this figures have the most R&D than any other 1/6 SS figures, but, what are the chances of getting 1000 edition sizes for the remaining Fellowship figures?

I honestly believe that if they released Nazgul Ringwraiths, they would jump-start the line in a second... it's a fairly "simple" design and people would buy more than one I think...

I honestly believe that if they released Nazgul Ringwraiths, they would jump-start the line in a second... it's a fairly "simple" design and people would buy more than one I think...

:lecture :lecture

I even would so far as to say that if they announced Saruman Gandlaf would completely disappear.

Something like the fans uniting and requesting nicely to continue the line?...
I know this figures have the most R&D than any other 1/6 SS figures, but, what are the chances of getting 1000 edition sizes for the remaining Fellowship figures?

I pitched the Ringwraith long and hard - people would definitely buy multiples.

But an edition size of 1000 for such complex characters doesn't really make sense for them. They can throw clone armor together with an Obi-wan sculpt and sell 6000 - virtually no R&D for that specific figure. Compared to Gandalf which I understand was the most expensive figure they've done (from an R&D) standpoint.

SSC has succeeded as a collectibles company in an environment that is very unforgiving for this type of product. Master Replicas has gone away, Gentle Giant has collectibles as secondary to their movie work - there really isn't a comparable company out there - and they survive because they don't take ill-considered risks.

Maybe if they'd released some villains along with the Fellowship characters earlier on, then interest and sales wouldn't have waned, and we wouldn't be faced with the prospect of this line ending.

All I know is I've paid full price for all the LOTR. What else can I do to help this line?

Buy 2 of each? Then release Orcs and Ringwraiths.

I think SSC needs to lower their expectations. Not everything can sell like SW. Make less figures if you can't sell them all.

I made this to represent my sadness at this news. I present to you:

THE SADNESS OF THE RINGS

watermark.php

All I know is I've paid full price for all the LOTR. What else can I do to help this line?

Buy 2 of each? Then release Orcs and Ringwraiths.

I think SSC needs to lower their expectations. Not everything can sell like SW. Make less figures if you can't sell them all.

Unfortunately there aren't enough diehard fans like you out there. Get all your friends to buy 2 of each - then we're talking!

I pitched the Ringwraith long and hard - people would definitely buy multiples.

No kidding! One Ringwraith figure and SSC would have turned a *ridiculous* profit with this line with all the multiples being bought. There are literally collectors who were prepared to purchase *nine* of them. What gives SSC? :confused:

And I don't think Ringwraiths are all THAT difficult. They don't need to do the full armor under the cloak. Just the gauntlets and boots.

And I don't think Ringwraiths are all THAT difficult. They don't need to do the full armor under the cloak. Just the gauntlets and boots.

Then what goes underneath the robes? Just a black bodystocking? What did the actors wear? How do you do the head?

There are a lot of questions to answer, and I think SSC just figures it's safer not to try rather than having everyone ^^^^^ and moan no matter what they do.

Is Sideshow really that naive?? Do they not realize they are the ones who are killing their own sales and turning away customers?

This line has the finest figures, the most potential and most diversity in characters. That's what makes it all the more painful to see it go sailing unto the Undying Lands.
Not completing the Fellowship Nine is a travesty. At the very least, it would have given the line a sort of closure that most collectors could have accepted.

This line isnt going to the Undying Lands.......For then it would indeed be, Undying.

Last stop for this train is the Dead Marshes! Toot-toot!

JK all - That blows for all who are/were into this line.

Then what goes underneath the robes? Just a black bodystocking? What did the actors wear? How do you do the head?

There are a lot of questions to answer, and I think SSC just figures it's safer not to try rather than having everyone ^^^^^ and moan no matter what they do.

You can't not try because of the whiners. The whiners are your most diehard collectors. They CARE.

But regarding the Wraiths, yeah, a bodystocking under the cloak to help poof it out, give it weight, and simply a black, hollow, open face almost like a "C" shape for the head.

This line isnt going to the Undying Lands.......For then it would indeed be, Undying.

Last stop for this train is the Dead Marshes! Toot-toot!

JK all - That blows for all who are/were into this line.

Good point, Took! I was trying to connect the "on hold" with "Undying" (out of sight, out of mind) which is what SS made it sound like. Unfortunately, unless the CEO of Sideshow himself requests that the remaining Fellowship figures be done, I don't see it happening at all.

Now on a different note, if SS thinks in any way that 1/6th LOTR collectors will simply migrate to their PF line, they are sadly mistaken.

You can't not try because of the whiners. The whiners are your most diehard collectors. They CARE.

But regarding the Wraiths, yeah, a bodystocking under the cloak to help poof it out, give it weight, and simply a black, hollow, open face almost like a "C" shape for the head.

I was thinking a hard wire in a cloak to hold the shape, but is the hood really empty? Perhaps a black or gray painted headsculpt that looked like the witch-kings would be appropriate?

Part of the problems with this line is that Tonner & Diamond select
are producing some lines that sideshow does (Star Trek, Indy).
Maybe sideshow is waiting on what license contracts are affected.
Its too bad sideshow does incredable pieces:banana most of the time:joy
Too many manufactures of the same product kills the product faster:mad:
In a way I would like to see less produced so fast, that way I can afford to
get the ones I want:D

To be honest, I'm not entirely convinced that Sideshow will even really be in the 12" game by the time the HOBBIT is released in 3-4 years.

I was thinking a hard wire in a cloak to hold the shape, but is the hood really empty? Perhaps a black or gray painted headsculpt that looked like the witch-kings would be appropriate?

Or a amokey translucent one? and the wire to pose the hood appropriately?
That could look cool...

To be honest, I'm not entirely convinced that Sideshow will even really be in the 12" game by the time the HOBBIT is released in 3-4 years.

And they may not get The Hobbit license or still have the LOTR license. So sad we got Faramir and no Saruman or Gimli. At least we got Gandalf. Image if he were absent!

Back