12 inch have doubled in price?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as demand is out there, SSC will charge whatever they feel is fair market value for these pieces and rightfully so. It kinda sucks for the collectors but SSC is in business to make money and if they can't make money, they can't secure all of those liscences we love so much. So in the end, it kind of benefits us as collectors because it affords us quality and variety.

No one is going to come up with a fitting answer for this question, as it has been asked steadily every couple months for the last couple years, and will continue to be asked as prices continue to rise. If you are one of those concerned with the rising costs and feel that you need an explanation as to why the price has gone up simply make of a reasonable explanation that you yourself can buy into and run with it. If you are looking to get an end all final answer here, keep looking. There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Someone cut and paste this post for the next "Why are toys more money?" thread that will inevitably be made in a couple months.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. :cool:

And besides, their customers are apparently buying the figures even at the higher prices, so they don't have much incentive to reduce prices.

That's everyone's answer right there.

HT and Medicom have raised their prices too over the last year. Check the new Medi-kin figure's price.

If the cost of milk has almost doubled, then why shouldn't our figures? I don't like paying nearly double for milk any more than I like paying nearly double for a figure. But I gotta have milk for my coffee... and I gotta have figures for...well, I just have to have them.

We have to figure out a way to break America of its dependence on forgeign figures

:rotfl

But how? Each of us now imports nearly 2/3 of all figures from overseas. And that is not likely to change. But if we invest in alterative figures -- customs and kits built here, in America -- then we may one day free ourselves from foreign reliance.

Even SSC stuff is made overseas. Show me a figure made in the USA in mass production.

Seriously, as long as the best stuff is coming out of HK and japan, that is where my money will be going. I am also an avid SS collector but the majority of my pieces come from oversees. Has anyone thought about offshore drilling for action figures or alternative hobbies?

If the cost of milk has almost doubled, then why shouldn't our figures? I don't like paying nearly double for milk any more than I like paying nearly double for a figure. But I gotta have milk for my coffee... and I gotta have figures for...well, I just have to have them.

Probably not the best analogy to use here, since the increase in milk prices has caused somewhat of a national outcry, and most people feel that the increase is unwarranted.

But, as I have said before, Sideshow is free to charge whatever the market will bear for their products. However, I don't believe for a second that their price increases are all due to increased costs. There is no question in my mind that their profit margins are growing along with their price increases.

There's a myriad of factors for the rising prices. Rising fuel costs, the falling US dollar, improving conditions for Chinese sweatshop workers, inflation, shrinking collectibles market demanding a higher return on less product, all that good stuff and probably more.

I hope action figures don't top $200 a barrel by the end of summer. They say it's coming...

It will come.

Probably not the best analogy to use here, since the increase in milk prices has caused somewhat of a national outcry, and most people feel that the increase is unwarranted.

I was kind of joking... but there has been a similar "forum" outcry here too, many times. Too many times.

The price of milk has doubled and there's been a national outcry?! I had no idea we were in such dire straits. I don't drink milk - no cow products for me.

So is milk the new oil?

Back