12 inch have doubled in price?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why did we go from this:
The Jedi Luke Skywalker - Regular Edition 12 inch Figure features:

* Authentic likeness of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi
* Fully articulated 'short' male body with 30+ points of articulation
* Authentic costume includes the grey tunic, black jumpsuit, and boots
* Hooded cloak
* Detailed belt w/ lightsaber hook
* Lightsaber hilt
* Lightsaber hilt w/ ignited blade
* Femur bone from Rancor battle
* Force Wield left hand
* Gloved right hand
* Blaster damaged right hand
* Lightsaber grip left hand
* Lightsaber grip right hand
* 12-inch Figure Stand with Star Wars logo.

To this:
The Ki-Adi-Mundi 12 inch Figure features:

* Fully articulated male body (Art S. Buck body) with 30+ points of articulation
* Tunic
* Pants
* Robe
* Boots
* Detailed belt
* Ignited and unlit lightsabers
* 12-inch Figure Display Base with Star Wars logo
With a $20 price increase.

cc08-AaylaSecura-thumb.jpg

People wanted more quality, they are going to have to pay for it. $50 Jedi Luke is a pretty weak figure compred to what's coming out now.

I couldn't disagree more. Up until now (not counting Vader or stormtrooper preorders) Jedi Luke is the most solid SW figure offered by SS in my opinion. :D

You don't even have to go back as far as Jedi Luke (which still is a great figure, aside from the arm problem). I started collecting 12" figures less than one year ago. I got a lot of my collection on the secondary market, but I remember ordering Bespin Luke and Leia last year for $54.99. If they released them now, they'd be at least $70 and more likely $80. Even with the new body, that's a big difference in less than a year.

Well, to be fair, there's no licensing fees to pay for some Joe Schmoe firefighter, but I have no doubt that Sideshow takes advantage of SW to pay for other license acquisitions and other costs we're not privy to.

Well, the good news is that the price of oil is dropping drastically, gas here has dropped almost $.50 in less than a few weeks, so Sideshow's prices should start to decrease too.

Well, the good news is that the price of oil is dropping drastically, gas here has dropped almost $.50 in less than a few weeks, so Sideshow's prices should start to decrease too.

I actually wouldn't bet on that. While I agree that the price of oil is a major factor in the price increase, Sideshow isn't likely to adjust their prices in accordance with minor dips in the price of oil -- especially since they take orders for many months in advance. They have to plan ahead. And besides, their customers are apparently buying the figures even at the higher prices, so they don't have much incentive to reduce prices.

Don't forget shipping these over on boats from China , could you imagine how much more that fuel is if ours is up as much as it is. But like Tom said there is not really a big price difference, no more then a certain other company whos latest is about 30 bucks more then normal.

No one is going to come up with a fitting answer for this question, as it has been asked steadily every couple months for the last couple years, and will continue to be asked as prices continue to rise. If you are one of those concerned with the rising costs and feel that you need an explanation as to why the price has gone up simply make of a reasonable explanation that you yourself can buy into and run with it. If you are looking to get an end all final answer here, keep looking. There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Someone cut and paste this post for the next "Why are toys more money?" thread that will inevitably be made in a couple months.

Back