12 Inch Figure Environments

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love environments and have several ones I made myself. While I wish for one for every figure I have, it does not make it odd to have some with and some without...but the ones without do look less cool.

once you have 1 or 2 dios you wouldn't say you'd rather have them on normal stands.

You are right, as I don't have any environments I might be talking out of my ass. I might need to get one to start thinking differently :)

You are the one making the TPM door, right?

Luis

I say screw those 12 Inch Environments and lets get Snow and Progmatinee to make some for us. Hey Prog have you finished those door yet?

not yet. tonight I hope to add a coat of acrylic surface prep to smooth out some of the sanding from the primer and fill any of the really small holes and cracks still remaining. then I hope to hit it up with the second color once that dries. So hopefully by Monday it will be much closer to finished. Though I still will build the door frame and control panels around the sides to give it depth of about 4"-5".

There seems to be lackluster response to the fact that they are similar to the films but not actually authentic.
If you had to choose a small dio base, what would it be?

There seems to be lackluster response to the fact that they are similar to the films but not actually authentic.

I already put it down earlier-- but a "cantina booth with table" for a place to show Han shooting first. :D

That could go well with a Titanic diorama, you know the scene with "I'm the king of the world" :D

I already put it down earlier-- but a "cantina booth with table" for a place to show Han shooting first. :D

Yeah that would be cool.
For small dios/bases, I think the extending bridge that Luke and Leia swing from would be cool.

Also, if Dooku and AOTC Anakin ever come out, a section where they dual and cut the electric wiring would be neat.

section of the Hoth cave would be great too
roof of the Kamino building for Jango and Obi-Wan to fight
the flowery planet for Aayla
the statue head from the Ep I sacred meeting place.
Ep I Naboo city walls, floor
Ep I queen's throne
Senate pod

Most of the stuff I am interested in is more than just a floor/base.

Last edited:
-How about the side of an old sailing ship /pirate ship?... (POTC figs)

-Inside of generic industrial space ship/complex?... (Alien(s) figs)

-Old cemetary?... (Universal Monsters)

-City street corner with Walk/Don't Walk sign & removable sewer cover?... (The Dead line)

-Old abandoned mine or castle parapet?... (LOTR figures)

No license fee just means a bigger cut for Sideshow. I would be stunned if Sideshow passed the savings onto the customer. The reactor station looks like the railing/antennas from Cloud City... not worth more than $40, though.

a lit Bespin Carbonite Chamber floor would be nice... just simple... the grated floor, maybe a few steps... an orange glow...

a lit Bespin Carbonite Chamber floor would be nice... just simple... the grated floor, maybe a few steps... an orange glow...

There are so many environments that could be made:

- Tatooine
- Death Star
- Star Destroyer
- Hoth
- Endor
- Bespin
- Dagobah
- Naboo
- Coruscant
- Utapau
- Kamino
- Kashyyyk
- Mustafar etc.etc.

And on each of these they can make dozens of dios.

That Anubis temple would be great for a "Mummy" custom.

I agree, you mean something like this?

I think these are great being generic instead of scene specific so you can use them for multiple lines....

Royalty Free diorama's

- Desert
- Space Station
- Star ship
- Snow
- Forrest 1
- Future World 1
- Swamp
- Classical Building
- Future world 2
- Mining town
- Water City