12 Inch Figure Environments

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will have to be the right price for me to get these as nice as they all look. I can't simply chip in this money over and over again for enviros when it would keep me from getting 2-3 figures at somepoint.

I wonder will something as simple as a sand base, perhaps with some rocks sell better? I can think of a few occasions from the 6 SW movies that we can pose figures with.:D

A sand/rocks one is a great idea, and would fit with just about anything. Indy, Star Wars (any but Empire), Dusty (GI Joe), the Mummy, you name it!

Definitely a great idea as long as the price isn't over the top.

I'd say make them out of resin and price them at $60. Just like the Idol environment for the Indy line.

I hope the generic dios don't prevent SSC from doing licensed ones that are more accurate to the movies.

Not in the movies means it won't bear the license fee.

Or perhaps more accurately, the retail price COULD reflect the lack of a license fee.

Looking at them again, these appear pretty small. More like glorified stands than dio pieces like the Snake Eyes dio. So hopefully these will range between $30 for smaller ones and $60 for bigger ones.

A "cantina booth" that could hang on the wall would be a cool way to pose ANH Han... and an eventual Greedo (one can always hope).

I do like the fact that they are making these, and hopefully the price will reflect the lack of a license fee--making them generic was a smart move by Sideshow. I agree that these can be made from plastic and/or resin to keep prices down. Any more than $50, and they've priced themselves out of the game.

But then again look at The Dead, no licensing fee there and they are somewhat pricey.

Luis

Inflation:
Inflation.gif

The dead are the cheapest 12" line SSC has. I agree its still expensive, but relative to their other lines it is not.

Well yeah, comparing it to their other lines. The Butcher is $90 though, I understand it is an exclusive but there is no licensing there.

I assume these environments will go for $100+. I personally don't want any, I would need one for every figure I have on display. It would look quite odd having some with an environment and some without.

Luis

I want to see if it is mountable on the wall in a corner. If so that would be a nice plus. I think it feels Star Wars enough. Look great with the Han and Luke Stormies

Well yeah, comparing it to their other lines. The Butcher is $90 though, I understand it is an exclusive but there is no licensing there.

I assume these environments will go for $100+. I personally don't want any, I would need one for every figure I have on display. It would look quite odd having some with an environment and some without than those that do.

Luis

I love environments and have several ones I made myself. While I wish for one for every figure I have, it does not make it odd to have some with and some without...but the ones without do look less cool.

once you have 1 or 2 dios you wouldn't say you'd rather have them on normal stands. to me dios or environments make the figures look almost like small PFs.

Back