12" Inch Figure Dewback A New Hope

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised that anyone thought the price would be comparable to Jabba.

Jabba was $120 at a time when Bib Fortuna was $55. Now the average figure price is $99. That's an 80% increase. If Jabba came out now he'd be $220. Considering the Dewback looks to be more than a chunk of rotocast plastic, $300 seems in line with current pricing. Complaining about the price won't get you anywhere, this is how much it costs to make things nowadays.

1/6 scale is getting more and more popular, the Chinese are demanding more and more money, and this is the result. Deal with it.

I will deal with it by not buying it. I don't need to get everything they put out.

It's a statue???...WTF!!!
Oh well, between that and the price, I guess I'll skip this one...
:(

Can't see the pic, except for the one above...
looks really nice though,
weird pose for the trooper...

I think their idea for the dewback was more as an environment piece, like Yoda's hut. Something to pose trooper on, around etc., but not meant to be a figure by itself. On the production blog, they seem to have had a hard time naming the piece, since it sounds weird to call a dewback an "environment." Instead, they call it "the Dewback 12-inch Figure Related Product." That's quite the mouthfull.

It's really just a 1/6 Polystone statue with a couple of mixed media pieces. In other words, it's an undersized PF. We've been hoodwinked.

Yeah and me being a Star Wars 1/6th completist has me in the :panic: state of mind with this and Fuggin, I mean Figrin, D'amn, errr D'an.

Last edited:
Man, that looks friggin' awesome!!!!

I got about $100 in rewards points, been holding on to them for over a year. Now may be the time.

I don't like the price any more then any of you, but I just love this. Definitely NOT preordering.... unless I choose to burn my points.... but this will be around for awhile.

It's really just a 1/6 Polystone statue with a couple of mixed media pieces. In other words, it's an undersized PF. We've been hoodwinked.

Disapointing to say the least. Between this and the NFL being locked out I'm starting to think I need some new hobbies simply because my current ones really seem to hate me lately. :gah:

I'm pretty much in the exact same boat at this point. I was VERY intrigued and excited about this prospect....talk about taking air out of the balloon. Just not sure I can justify the cost pushing $500 when all is said and done.

Perhaps the Dewback can be had down the road for a discounted price so maybe I'll have to watch for that. But I'm a little bummed today, I have to be honest.

:goodpost::clap:goodpost:

It looks polystone. I might still get the dewback but the trooper is out at that price.

Really ? Is it not close to the others that were released ?

Wonder why Pictures work for some and not others, Server traffic?

So it's like a 1:6 figure/poly dio. Weird. But I gotta say I'm intrigued.

Yeah Kinda like the Han Solo In Carbonite Environment. I think That was also considered overpriced, but then later became hard to find.

Bull____. Go ahead and keep drinking that Kool-Aid. Sideshow will just continue to price themselves out of the market.

They better invest in more warehouse space while they're at it.

Okay then, who in your opinion is making 1/6 figures for reasonable prices??

Obviously, Hot Toys/Medicom/Enterbay are way up there in price. Triad/ACI/TTL are all around $100. This is how much 1/6 costs.

What's with the people getting annoyed it's not posable? Why would it be? Also, how would you pose it anyways?

Not interested in it though, not something I wanted. Sometimes I think Sideshow is making weird decisions for products lately. In an economy where people are being more choosy with their purchases you'd think they'd be doing the more popular things that they could more easily sell. It's good that they're trying to do more than the average 1/6th figure but if it's going to be super expensive it might be a bad idea.

Back