12" GARINDAN the best HASBRO figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case ypu guys missed this in the custom section, here is my repainted Garindan. It really is a nice figure.

garindan1.JPG

garindan2.JPG

V-cool Chaka! He is indeed a great figure. I'd certainly pick up the Hasbro version cheap off eBay over a new Sideshow version.

Definitely one of Hasbro's few great figures. And a real simple one too! Gotta get ahold of the one again.

Not sure what you are planning WG, but if you were going through the trouble of swapping the hands to keep this figure I'd just put him on a new body.

But if you wanted to use this glove hands for another figure then just disregard the above post :lecture

Nope, I am in fact swapping bodies to get this guy taller. He's listed as 6 feet tall, but the Hasbro body puts him at 5'6".

I've got a Buck with his name on it.

D-Art studios is doing a new cloak for me as well.

Sounds cool... how much is the cloak going to be? I got one for a custom figure awhile back and remember them being very reasonable.

Have you tried the outfit on the Buck? I know certain shirt sleeves are WAY too short transferring from Hasbro to SSC. You might be in for replacing everything except the head.

Sounds cool... how much is the cloak going to be? I got one for a custom figure awhile back and remember them being very reasonable.

He is very reasonable but I'm not sure I should post his price. I'll leave that to him. But my particular cloak is a custom job because I want my Garindan to have the little "short cape" thing on his shoulders.

Have you tried the outfit on the Buck? I know certain shirt sleeves are WAY too short transferring from Hasbro to SSC. You might be in for replacing everything except the head.

I think that may be a problem, I haven't tried the swap yet but I hear ya. Pants will be fine but the sleeves are a concern. We'll see.

I don't want to upgrade everything on a character that's basically covered by a cloak but we'll see once I get into it. I'm hoping the unusual cloak I've got coming will suffice and I can just use the cappy Hasbro clothing underneath, accurate nor not.

Pants will be fine but the sleeves are a concern. We'll see.

Nope, the sleeves are fine. Any shortness in the sleeves will be covered up by the gloves so you'll be OK. Here's a shot of mine with custom cloak and new body. I also slimmed down his trunk and repainted it all, and glossed up his goggles. Added a belt with small holster and made a small blaster for him and a place on the belt to clip the comlink onto. You can't really see much of it of course, just like in the film! :D

attachment.php

I can get more cloaks like this one made if anyone wants them.

THANK YOU! :)

Well, I started this custom but just recently finished him. It sat for years on the work bench until I completed him to where I was happy with him. So lets start with my research. I don't think he's wearing a Jedi-like hood like most of the figures put him in. As seen in these screen caps, he's wearing something different, unless he's wearing two different robes in the two different scene set ups he's in?
Garindan_01.jpg

Notice from the front he's wearing a smooth robe that seems to fall from his head and drapes nicely down his body, framing it.

But from the side there seems to be a fold or something back there:
Garindan_02.jpg

Here you can see his collar from underneath the hood peeking through in silhouette:
Garindan_03.jpg

Reference of Garindan with the comlink:
Garindan_04.jpg

And that fold back there again:
Garindan_05.jpg
Garindan_06.jpg

Based on the above reference I designed what I think he's wearing, as if he's only wearing ONE robe in all those shots. My seamstress friend of mine made the robe I designed and lined it with wire so I could give Garindan his proper silhouette 'shape':
Garindan_07.jpg

Here he is nekkid:
Garindan_08.jpg

So I basically popped off big G's head and replaced the Hasbro body with a BBI body, I think? He's the same height as a Sandtrooper, as I based his height on that scene where they stand together and speak.

I noticed the Hasbro head's trunk was too wide, so I cut a 2mm wedge out of it from the tip to where the trunk starts and re-glued the trunk back together. The result is a slimmer trunk. I then re-painted the head and glossed up his eye goggles.
I dressed him back in his Hasbro clothes and replaced the cloak. I used new boots and made him a new belt. I thought maybe he could have a small blaster so I made one using a gun from a 12 inch Final Fantasy figure and did what the boys at Bapty did in '76... I added a scope and some Star Wars greeblies to it. I like the end result so I made a holster for it. I also gave him a pouch and spot to hang the comlink. I need to replace his oversized Hasbro comlink with a nice comlink from the Sideshow Stormtrooper Luke but I don't have one. Anyone have an extra? ;) Maybe I'll have to cast one up for him? I also gave him some binoculars since he's a spy after all, and tucked them onto the back of his belt. I got them from a Star Wars Hasbro figure, but which one I forget? The belt buckle was silver when i made it, but i washed it in flat black to give it a tarnished look, since from the front NO details are vivble and this muted the silver, which stood out too much. After all that I attached his gloves and there you have him; my Garindan custom: (pics in my next post)

Last edited:
Back