12" Diecast Iron Man Mk VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being die-cast, it reminds me of the old 8" die-cast Shogun Warriors from years ago! And those go for top dollar if you can find one in good condition!

Not sure if this is the right thread but..

I like it.

Pic taken from STGCC. Playimaginative diecast.

Not sure why the eyes arent on though, also the chest LED doesn't look very impressive.(in person especially)

Looks like it might be a piece that is more impressive 'in hand'. Still curious about this figure. I like it better than their Batman figure anyway. Thanks for posting. I think these are the first pics I've seen of the actual figure.

Looks like it might be a piece that is more impressive 'in hand'. Still curious about this figure. I like it better than their Batman figure anyway. Thanks for posting. I think these are the first pics I've seen of the actual figure.

My pleasure. I definitely prefer this to their batman.

To my surprise, i was more impressed with this mk vii than hot toy's. Still sticking to the latter though.

scaled.php

I like it.

Not sure why the eyes arent on though, also the chest LED doesn't look very impressive.(in person especially)

I honestly think the head proportions are a lot better on this figure than the Hot Toys Iron Men except for the Mark I. I always thought the Hot Toys Iron Man heads were a little too small and always looked like an actual head could be inside the helmet. It's honestly my only gripe with hot toys Iron Man figures.

Last edited:

I like it.

Umm.... Wow, okay. Your pics make this figure look really good! Now you got me a little more curious about it.

More pics. The eye proportions look much better than HT. It looks more like a scaled down version of the suit rather than a toy. The shoulders seem narrower too.

stgcc12r25.jpg

stgcc12r26.jpg

Might wanna get 1 more mark VII if I decide to do an avengers shelf. I've already poed HT ver, but Will get this one if it turns out better than the HT ver.

i'm actually starting to get kinda interested in this figure haha. I just have to see more pics with all the lights on and such. I'm just loving the head and eye proportions so much more than Hot Toys' version. If they fixed the gold stripe bits on the quadricep armor as well as the torso i'd be sold.

Last edited:
Here are pictures and information for the Play Imaginative Super Alloy Iron Man shown at STGCC

First the pictures as shown on an Italian website:
22-650x685.jpg

31-600x800.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Now the information, translated from Italian courtesy of Google Translate:

The manufacturer Play Imaginative, yet little known internationally, he launched his personal challenge of the giant Hot Toys, house queen figures in the creation of 12 "inch, with the intent to retain a sizeable share of the market by offering a range of products innovation that will surely throat to a large number of collectors.

After the proposed action doll Knight Batman mask in two versions, one of the characters from the DC most 'loved ever inspired by the famous drawings of cartoonist and U.S. publisher Jim Lee and characterized by a high proportion of metal alloy and a number of points of articulation, that's coming in the Marvel Universe Iron Man Iron Man, shown in a world premiere event called "Singapore Toy, Games & Comic Convention" and that 'held just a few days ago in that city in Asia .

Many fans in the industry have literally stormed the stand of Imaginative Play to see live the superhero doll wearing his massive armor, Mark VII, the most advanced armor and super technology in the world, that according to preliminary information will be marked a 85% material Die-Cast concentrated on the mask, hands, feet, chest, and finally on his back, while the rest of the body will be made of pvc and abs.

This particular combined with about 50 points of articulation is in contrast to the model proposed by the manufacturer Hot Toys is made entirely of plastic and characterized by a lower posabilita ', and is the key element of attraction for fans of the Marvel Comics.

We do not yet know the exact number of accessories that will correlate the doll, but there should be also the head that plays in detail the face of Robert Downey Jr in the role of Tony Stark.

The cost is expected to amount to $ 325 and the release date is expected on the market by the end of 2012/inizio 2013. Here are some photos retrieved online model exhibited at the fair with a diorama really successful.

doesn't look very articulated. it still has those silver color pieces as well...which didnt appear in the movie.

still looks really neat though, just too rich for me given those two points

Better quality pics, without the tags :D

P1130155.jpg

P1130164.jpg

Show me working LED's in the eyes, hands, feet, a scale comparison to other 1/6 figures, & poseability, & I think I'm pretty much going to go for this over the HT one. I'm still unsure which one looks better, but I have a feeling this will "feel" more impressive 'in hand'. It's also not bad in the looks department.

Back