12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's discrimination.

I've been collecting Sideshow figures since 2001. The fact that you have way too much free time to post thousands of comments here doesn't make your opinion more valid than mine.

Um.... he was just joking. :lol

Only disappointing thing....and it's minor, the q@a from today states that it doesn't come with the helmet.

I can live w/o the helmet since I wouldn't want to cover the headsculpt. But wouldn't be bad just to have one for ****s and giggles.

And don't worry Rory, I knew you were just playing around... but I did want to explain my point in case it wasn't clear. You ****holesonofamonkey*********licker.

I can't stand Newbies...it's the smell....

heheh. AWESOME comp on the front page maulfan. sweet!

And thanks, Lerath666 for that very nice comment! Yuli is a GREAT sculptor. to be compared is a real compliment.

and thanks to everyone for the nice words. This thread is a behemoth, I'm sure I missed a few questions and what not
Trev

Dang, 970 replies in 12 hours... I can only imagine how bad this will be when Vader or Fett arrive.

Not sure if anyone posted it yet, but here are the 2 Q&A sections related to Obi Wan:

It’s a thrill to finally be able to discuss this BIG project!

Sideshow’s Design and Development Team has the ambition to make the armored figures as authentic as possible, because the armored characters are some of the most often requested, most desirable characters in the Star Wars universe. Expectations are high, to say the least!

Our Creative Director, Tom Gilliland, and the Team decided that in order to satisfy the authenticity requirements and aesthetic aspirations, both internal and the expected inevitable fan reaction, that an entirely new body would be necessary. One that was slimmer, so as to be appropriately proportioned when dressed in armor (not too bulky), and one that would complement the armor configurations to maximize articulation. (You’ll be able to learn more about the new Trooper body in an upcoming Production Blog entry, so stay tuned!)

Howard Chan and his team at Hot Toys are doing some of the most amazing 1:6th scale design and development on the market today, and after consulting with Howard about his ideas, Sideshow and Hot Toys decided to partner to create a Clone Trooper figure, and by virtue, the new body platform. Sideshow takes great pride in this collaboration, and believes that the final product benefited hugely from the talents of the Hot Toys team.

There was a lot of discussion internally about which Clone Trooper should see release first. A generic white clone? A shocktrooper? One of Obi-Wan’s loyal allies from Utapau? Why not Obi-Wan himself, in that killer design from the Clone Wars cartoon? The Obi-Wan in armor figure allowed Trevor Grove to cut loose on Ewan McGregor from Episode II, and he really nailed the likeness. The portrait, combined with the fabric costume, is a pretty dynamic, sleek looking figure, and we’re proud to introduce the armored figures into the Star Wars line via General Kenobi.

Can't wait to see that Blog update!!!

1) General Kenobi will not come with a helmet. 2) There is a brown cloth undersuit under the armor. (Stay tuned to our Production Blog for an entry that will show the armor pieces!) On that note, please understand that the armored pieces and undersuit are not meant to be removed from this figure. Attempting to remove the armor, especially the torso pieces, will cause damage, and you’ll have to invest in some glue to make repairs! 3) We believe that Star Wars collectors will find the price very fair, and reflects the artistry and development put into the piece, while simultaneously maintaining a very reasonable price point in the market.

That last bit about price does sound a bit scary... :monkey1 Please be under $100... please :eek:

I just saw this figure on Sideshows site and I'm still trying to pick my jaw up from the floor! :eek What can I say other than WOW! That is one awesome looking figure! Never saw this one coming. I don't even follow the Clone Wars TV show but I do know I want this figure...no, I need this figure! :chew

Not sure if anyone posted it yet, but here are the 2 Q&A sections related to Obi Wan:

That last bit about price does sound a bit scary... :monkey1 Please be under $100... please :eek:

119$ is still my guess

Sorry I didn't ask first Maulfan, but I thought having the collage was more striking than the production pic.

It will be over 100 for sure, 110-125 is my guess and if you think about it it's worth it, new body, armor, great sculpt. Anything more than 125 would be too much though.

Okay, I can't believe this discussion is past 90 pages already. So, could someone clarify: any indication of whether or not Obi Wan will come with a Clone Helmet?

I am also curious if he will have his standard AOTC Jedi garb beneath the armor - doubt it, but it would be cool if so.

Back