12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the administrator of the Crazy Old Wizards forum is a friend of mine. He just told me: "It looks NOTHING like Ewan."

Feel free to roll your eyes at his comment too, but I'm pretty sure he knows how Ewan looks.

Ah hell, then it must be true!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, the administrator of the Crazy Old Wizards forum is a friend of mine. He just told me: "It looks NOTHING like Ewan."

Feel free to roll your eyes at his comment too, but I'm pretty sure he knows how Ewan looks.

Good for him. While it's debatable how much of Ewan is actually there or not, if you look at the high resolution images posted frequently in here (feel free to pass thos on to that administrator), there are clear elements of Ewan McGreggor in there and it can't be said that the sculpt is NOTHING like Ewan.

Fact is, the sculpt is not 100% Ewan, and it's not 100% not Ewan. It is a nicely done sculpt of AOTC Obi-Wan Kenobi with clear reflections of Ewan McGreggor in it. Some will see it more towards the side that it is totally Ewan, some will see it more as not much like him at all.

However, if someone professes to be a big Obi-Wan fan and to know Ewan's face and says that this looks nothing like Ewan McGreggor with the eyes and nose being quite clearly his distinct look, then I just don't understand how that conclusion can be drawn.

Obi-Wan in Clone Armor
obi_collage.jpg

Looks like a new body too! Crap I bet he is $100 or more now :rolleyes:

:monkey5

I defy someone to show me an Episode II Obi-Wan figure or statue anywhere that looks more like Ewan McGregor than this.

I wouldn't give edge to any Obi-Wan sculpt.

To me, Old Ben, ROTS Obi-Wan and this new AOTC Obi-Wan are all perfect representations of their respective films.

Gotta give the edge to ROTS Obi against this but both are mucking awesome!

See! Thats all I'm saying! No hate. Love them both. Just think the ROTS looks a little more like the actor. However, I really like this Obi's expression and wish he looked like this in the film. It's win win for me. :rock

This headsculpt is terrific IMHO. People who want 1000% movie accuracy need a little help letting go. Good God... this is all for the fun of it right? This piece represents a terrific piece of artistry at 1/6...

The only other Obi piece I've seen that is this terrific is the original (let me stress original) prototype that Gentle Giant did for the Obi-Wan in Clone armor statue. Now we all know how the production piece turned out :monkey4 but the prototype was a knockout! It'd be cool to see this prototype next to that one. That'd make an AWESOME display of skillz!

Here's a quick shot I could find of the GG Obi Proto:

Obiwanproto.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed. And the kid is barely old enough to shave! :lol

(Trev, I tease because I love... and I'm also extremely envious of your talent, you little bastard. :lol )

:duff

I must admit too Irish what you are using as your avatar gave me goose bumps when I watched the trailer for the first time. Yes that is a run on sentence and I don't give a ****! :rock

However, I really like this Obi's expression and wish he looked like this in the film.

He did, but Georgy boy reshot half of his scenes and it's hard to look badass with beard glue eating away at your face and having to reshoot scenes you've already done. It's sad too, there was some clips in the trailer that were clearly reshot for the final film cut, and the original cuts in the trailers looks sooo much better :(

Back