12" Captain Action Marvel Costumes this Fall

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'm one of a thousand people that thought of trimming out that cap mask :lol

All the progress shots look great though! I'm planning on switching out the gloves and boots on mine and hopefully toning down that spandex sheen.

Did this line die? I never saw Iron Man, Wolverine, Dr Doom or the Red Skull. So much for completing Hawkeye. LOL

BB

https://megomuseum.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=8108&d=1379233870 heres a add ,not sure where it being placed ,online or in print ,it seems to show the finished new sets and the new sculpt for hawkeye ,i think there now saying late October for these ,but im not sure toys are us are stocking these or any bricks and mortar stores are ,just online ,amoktime toys, bbt ect ,hope this line carrys on and we see the proposed dc sets ,hope this helps and good luck finding them

Did this line die? I never saw Iron Man, Wolverine, Dr Doom or the Red Skull. So much for completing Hawkeye. LOL

BB

The remaining Hawkeye parts will be included in the IronMan and Wolverine sets. Aquaman will be parted throughout Batman, Superman and Joker.
Being as they were trying hard to get the line into WalMart so as to expand sales, I can't imagine that TRU wouldn't be getting them too.

I saw the Captain Action figure on Clearance at Toysrus for like $15. So maybe Toysrus wants out already.

The remaining Hawkeye parts will be included in the IronMan and Wolverine sets. Aquaman will be parted throughout Batman, Superman and Joker.
Being as they were trying hard to get the line into WalMart so as to expand sales, I can't imagine that TRU wouldn't be getting them too.

Looks like ToysRUs isn't picking up the 3 series, so you won't find these at retail.This is what Ed from Captain Action Enterprises had to say in early August when they were trying to get Walmart on board

As you know, we're super-excited about the Wal-Mart Opportunity (did you do your daily voting yet? https://getontheshelf.walmart.com/pr...Captain-Action ).

But on the other hand, we want to let you know that for Wave 3's Captain Action Line we will not be focusing on selling at Mass Retailers. Rather, we'll be selling this wave via our online retailers, comic shops and hobby shops. For Wave 3, Toys R Us has said they want to take a pass, however we are planning to sell them Wave 4, with Batman and Superman outfits, so to paraphrase Arnold "We'll be back."

We thought we'd take a moment to fill in you guys - the faithful- on some of the details. We want to play it straight. We're disappointed, but it's not the end of the world by any means. As you know, Toys R Us has always had a lot of troubles with our brand - they didn't merchandise it consistently across all their stores, the figures were often not placed with the costume sets, the Marvel sets weren't with the Marvel toys and their dot.com division could never list it correctly nor get it up on their site in a timely fashion. And as you may have read, Toys R Us is struggling as a company and has a LOT of internal issues to work out.

But like when you used to tell your friends about that girl you used to date, we don't want to speak badly about this relationship, especially, to continue the analogy --when we plan on dating again next year! And in 2014 we expect to be in some other mass outlets too!

So what does this mean for you guys? Two things :
If you shop only at Toys R Us, make plans and preorder the Wave 3 items at your local comic shop ( https://www.comicshoplocator.com ) or pre-order from one of our online retailers. Comic Shops will be placing their orders soon - so now is the time to tell them that you want to reserve your Wave 3 purchase. We'll also be selling them at our New York Comic Con booth if anyone's going there.
More Collectible - We'll also be producing less quantities of Iron Man, Wolverine and the Codename:Action figure - so this wave will probably be our most collectible yet. Without the Toys R Us Basic quantities, quite frankly, we've dialed back the production run. This should help the collectors' market down the road. Also - we think that many folks will want to get the Iron Man and Wolverine sets to complete their Hawkeye Build-a-Figure/Assemble-an-Avenger parts, so demand might be stronger than anticipated

no problem ,if i hear or see anything else ill pass it on here ,according to a poster on the mego boards ,the new sets will be on sale and they are going to be taking a vote at NYCC to determine the next Marvel/DC sets.anyone going ?,id be interested in a ironman and you could keep the hawkeye parts ,lmk cheers chris

im not sure about that ,heres the full post from the mego board member ,hes a nice guy and seems to be a fan of the line and pretty much spot on with his info on this line "enyawd72
Merry Marvel Maniac

Captain Action vote at NYCC
From the CA facebook page...the guys insist the Iron Man and Wolverine sets are on schedule, and that Superman, Batman, Joker with Aquaman build-a-costume are definitely coming early 2014. Nothing new on Red Skull or Brainiac.

They are going to be taking a vote at NYCC to determine the next Marvel/DC sets. Who do you want to see?

I think Green Goblin, Magneto, Green Lantern, Flash for sure. Would love to see Kid Action sets of Bucky and Robin too."

The villain sets aren't cancelled, just pushed back unfortunately. They want to get the DC sets going snd get Lady Action out there.

a poster on the mego boards just posted this ,not sure what this is ,i guess its protos or production samples for NYCC
Check this out...

DC-CaptainAction-X2.jpg

This booth was very cool, I picked up the wolverine and ironman sets as well as the dr evil exclusive and an extra captain action. The guys at the booth said the marvel sets will hit retailers in a few weeks and the dc sets will hit mid next year

nycc2013077_zps3af69efd.jpg

nycc2013075_zpse6d2d63f.jpg

nycc2013076_zpsa4896135.jpg

nycc2013044_zps756bea5a.jpg

nycc2013042_zps28bb6a1d.jpg

nycc2013041_zps1b359c3c.jpg

nycc2013074_zps75b62dda.jpg

IRON MAN

Dang, this guy looks great when he's all together!
PROs: The two-piece helmet and two-piece chest piece are styrene, with a vinyl and spandex bodysuit. The gloves, belt, and boots are vinyl. When assembled, you have a pretty boss representation of Brozne-age Shellhead.
CONS: The bodysuit is a pain to get on the figure, tailoring is WAY too tight on the torso, and the Velcro won't stay together. Likewise, the chest piece is too tight fitting, requiring supergluing the two halves together. Not a problem for me, since I plan on leaving the suit on the figure permanently, but this TOTALLY DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF CAPTAIN ACTION.

WOLVERINE

PROs: Bodysuit tailoring is much better on this figure, and the sculpting of the one-piece face mask is excellent. Decent representation of Modern-age Wolvie.
CONS: The claws are too short, and the mask had a ton of paint slop. The body suit material will pull if you handle even semi-roughly. This is true of all the suits produced thus far, which negatively affects the line's long-term play value.

HAWKEYE

PROs: Great looking figure when assembled. Sculpting detail is excellent, particularly the AntMan arrow!
CONS: Tailoring of the pants and tunic are ridiculously tight, with the pants refusing to stay up around his waist. Cost-cutting at the factory are killing the play value of this line. I ended up gluing the waist band to the figure's pelvis to keep him from looking like he had a load in his pants!

Back