12" Captain Action Marvel Costumes this Fall

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Please post some pictures. I am very curious.

Here are some pictures, mobile phone so kinda crappy.

Well here is the Captain Action Captain America Basic Costume on a Narrow True Type Body, Head is from the True Type Slim body. ( I actually have a true type Slim body but its on my Bruce Wayne Fig. I am probably gonna switch it out to see how it looks.)

Overall I like it.

Has a bit of Giraffe neck effect but I can live with it..

Fit is tight. Seems a bit small but managed to get it on. Has to do with the feet being closed (sock like) could cut out a hole to help that. I didn't though.

Sleeves are a little short so I used the clear rubber bands that come with toys to hold things in place to help with that.

Boots fit the True Type feet fine. They're a little sticky for some reason. hopefully it goes away with time or doesn't get worse.

The hands actually fit the True Type hand pegs fine.

Mask looks silly on but still cool cause its nostalgic for me. I am wondering if cutting out the face and ear features of the mask will match up with the true type face but its hard to tell. I'm not sure if i'm gonna go thru that.

For better review I suggest Michael Crawfords review site or you tube review. That's what I did.
042820122003-1.jpg

042820122004.jpg

042820122008.jpg

042820122009.jpg

042820122011.jpg

Last edited:
Just recevied my andrew body from aci and desided to use it for the captain america, the body feels out the suit nicely and the hand pegs fit the captains gloves. The only mod I had to do was cut the sock to allow the uniform to fit as the leggins are to short for this body. The spiderman is on the regular captain action body and you can see the height differants. The captain america mask is just sitting on the body as I have no head under it yet:monkey3

I didn't care for the face sculpt on the Captain America mask but I loved the costume and mask. I cut the human face out of the mask including the eyes and ears. Painted the edges of the mask since it was molded in flesh color. Then I slightly dremeled down the head sculpt of a True Type to have the mask better fit around the ears. I put the costume on an Andrew body and used the foot portion of Spiderman's costume for the neck covering. I might still fiddle with the costume a bit but overall I am happy.
Here are the results so far :

7170065923_b682294334_b.jpg

7355278242_6a459cfa45_b.jpg

Thats the aci andrew body right? Look cool like that and I to have the same head on it now as you. Do you find the head does not click on to the body tightly?

Thats the aci andrew body right? Look cool like that and I to have the same head on it now as you. Do you find the head does not click on to the body tightly?

Thank you. That is the ACI Andrew body. The head does pop on and off easily but I like that. It makes for easily swappable heads, and the head doesn't feel loose or wobbly on the body.

Just a suggestion, why not just put the Hot Toys captain America head ww2 sculpt on the aci Andrew body and add some pouches to the belt to make it look Avengers style?

I didn't care for the face sculpt on the Captain America mask but I loved the costume and mask. I cut the human face out of the mask including the eyes and ears. Painted the edges of the mask since it was molded in flesh color. Then I slightly dremeled down the head sculpt of a True Type to have the mask better fit around the ears. I put the costume on an Andrew body and used the foot portion of Spiderman's costume for the neck covering. I might still fiddle with the costume a bit but overall I am happy.

Did the Same. I haven't painted the flesh tone of the mask yet though. I'm happy with the result. (Body is True Type Narrow, neck and head is from True Type Slim Body.)
CaptainActionCap.jpg

Liking the cut out Cap mask. Doing the same myself.

As for bodies for the Cap Action Cap America suit, what is the biggest body you guys think it will take?

I have tried the BBI G3 and that works well. Anyone done bigger?

Liking the cut out Cap mask. Doing the same myself.

As for bodies for the Cap Action Cap America suit, what is the biggest body you guys think it will take?

I have tried the BBI G3 and that works well. Anyone done bigger?

Got any pix of the suit on a bigger body?

Here you go Cap Trenchcoat.
Well quickly took these of an unmodified BBI G3 wearing the Captain Action Cap suit.

Yes the arms do not fit all the way down, however gauntlets for that ;)
Also moved the arms up to show the movement too. Seems you COULD possibly go bigger or custom BBI G3 body. Also the arm cuff stays put too.

Hope the photos help for this body at least.
Will posy once completed the custom.

P1050523_zps5814a8ae.jpg

P1050522_zps98d8a1cb.jpg

P1050521_zpsff9b7b15.jpg

P1050520_zps89a5dd15.jpg

P1050519_zpsbb2271bc.jpg

I can't believe there's not an official thread for Captain Action on this site...

Here are the results so far :

7170065923_b682294334_b.jpg

7355278242_6a459cfa45_b.jpg

Dude, that looks GREAT! IMHO I really want to get some of these. So Hawkeye is like Build a Figure basically? And his parts are in the deluxe sets?

Last edited:
Got my Thor (and Cap) on ACI Muscle bodies - tight squeeze but look good!

null_zps25ddb212.jpg

null_zpsecc2f96d.jpg

null_zpsdb396dbd.jpg

The HT Rambo rubber muscle body might be a gimp too far?

null_zps0734270b.jpg

Back