12" Captain Action Marvel Costumes this Fall

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have patience, Ironman. We are surrounded by children here...PS

Somtimes I forget. :monkey2

Fall of 2011?!? Egads! That's like, forever!! By that time, HT would have released theirs already and make this not worth getting.

Perhaps, but I've been a Captain America fan longer than I've been a Captain Action fan, and the Captain Action Captain America outfit was the best I've ever seen. If They can do as good a job now as they did in the 60's, then I'm getting Action's. Hot Toys, and the new films, look nothing like the Cap we faithful followers knew and loved as we grew up.

Perhaps, but I've been a Captain America fan longer than I've been a Captain Action fan, and the Captain Action Captain America outfit was the best I've ever seen. If They can do as good a job now as they did in the 60's, then I'm getting Action's. Hot Toys, and the new films, look nothing like the Cap we faithful followers knew and loved as we grew up.

I agree, Ironman ; here's a pic of my loose vintage Captain Action CAPTAIN AMERICA set (complete with his trusty laser rifle and pistol!) :

DSCN3798-1.jpg

It s called the "Razor/Razor blades" concept.The razor is the action figure and the razor blades are the uniforms.Clever marketing ploy.It worked for around three decades with toys.Playing Mantis abandoned it however with Captain Actions last incarnation in 1999/2000 and it was a complete disaster.

...and it worked!

I preordered a Spiderman, a Captain America and 2 bodies. I really love the 1960's feel of Romita and Kirby. I love those web shooters and belt. I am really excited to see where this line goes. The press release said Iron Man. I buy so much DC, I am so thrilled to start a Marvel line!

...and it worked!

I preordered a Spiderman, a Captain America and 2 bodies. I really love the 1960's feel of Romita and Kirby. I love those web shooters and belt. I am really excited to see where this line goes. The press release said Iron Man. I buy so much DC, I am so thrilled to start a Marvel line!

I'm pretty sure Thor is on the way as well.

I am really excited by this news. The outfits look great and the accessories are right on time. Both mask and unmasked in the sets plus Spidey's web-shooters, his utility belt and Cap comes with two shields. Plus the sets come extra parts to make a Hawkeye outfit, kind of like a build a character. I'm in classic heaven now.

I'm a little surprised at how many people don't know who Captain Action is/never heard of the line. The super hero action figure market began with Captain Action. There wouldn't have been Mego without this line. I am proud to see the ol' Captain back.

...and it worked!

Can you give me the link on where I can PO the bodies. I probably wasn't searching good.

Those look great. The kirby style on the head is perfect. Does anybody have any pics of the body without clothes? I would like to see the articulation and sculpt.

According to a few websites selling these scheduled are

Captain Action figure set (bodies for the outfits)

Costumes-Online retailers get bonus exclusive versions,Toys Arnt Us get regular versions----------------------------------------

Captain America (online version gets extra pieces such as extra sheild,and parts to complete Hawkeye)
Spider-Man (online version gets extra pieces and parts to complete Hawkeye)

Thor (comes with pieces to complete Hawkeye)
Iron Man (comes with pieces to complete Hawkeye)

Rumored for the next 2 are Marvel Villians costume sets (both to come with the final pieces to Hawkeye)

You'll need all 6 outfits to complete Hawkeye's costume

Smaller pics of the Captain and Spider-Man sets (better than the BBTS listing)

Wish Spidey came with at least one fist.

19626CA_CaptainAmerica_LG.jpg

19626CA_Spider-Man_LG.jpg

Webshooter pic

Web_Shooters_SCULPT.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, very nice. Lots of potential there. Deadpool would be awesome.

Back