12" Boba and Jango in production

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is this goin to be a new boba from SS? im asking cos i thought SS already released a boba a while back so i thought i was gonna miss out on him completely! i need a boba to pose with my soon to arrive darth!

I only know of the Medicom Boba Fett that they imported.

It'll be interesting to see how SS adapts that thin pro body for these...there is armor, but it's not as "all-covering" as the trooper armor....so I'd think the pro body might be a little slight in build for this...hope SS gives us a peek at how these two figures are going through development....it would be interesting to see the problem solving and changes...

Other than Cody, Jango and Boba are the "must-haves" for me...

Boba Fett has a lot of minute detailing that I hope SSC pays attention to. People are almost as anal about Boba's details as they are about Vaders.

If this is in production, would it still be worth the while to get a medicom figure?

Depends on whether you want just one or two. Several people who bought the Medi troopers and clones are unloading them since Sideshow has put theirs out. If you're looking for one Boba, I'd wait. While the Medi's great, he's too small to properly display with the Sideshow figures and too expensive to pick up and lose $$$ on the resale when SS's comes out.

If this is in production, would it still be worth the while to get a medicom figure?

Do you want a great Fett now, or can you wait a year for a superior Fett?

I'm gonna make a calculated guess or two, and I'm sure some folks will argue all of them... Chances are, SSC won't have Fett ready for at least a year. Chances are, it'll likely be about $120 or so shipped. Chances are, once SSC has issued its Fett, it will be much easier to get a Medicom for cheap. Take Vader, for instance.

Personally, I'm going to wait a year or so for SSC to issue what I'm sure will be a superior Fett for less than Medicom's current second market value.

My vote's on the ROTJ version. We have at least three ESB versions; Medicom, Hasbro and Marmit. The ROTJ version hasn't been done yet, as far as I know anyway, but I don't know much... As long as they get the colours right, like the back of the helmet.

What I would like to see, however, is some real customer interaction on this one to make sure it's 100% accurate. The PF figure's helmet's the wrong shape, as most people know, and it'd be a real shame if they repeated the error, or some other ghastly error like MR's full scale helmet's angled mandibles. All it would take is a couple of photos, and people say "Yay! Correct!" or "Nay! Do again!". Everybody happy.

I'm thinking it'll be the ROTJ version to round out Jabba's palace setting. Sideshow's been awfully skimpy with the ESB stuff.

Who knows, maybe LFL will force Sideshow to make an amalgamated Boba of both films and call it the "definitive" version.

On second thought, they won't because 2 different versions will bring in more $.

Great news, I know I will buy probably buy both. Although, I am pretty darn happy with my Medi Fett and this would have to be pretty good for me to replace him. But, I also love my Medi sand trooper and can't wait for SS to ship theirs!! Can't wait to have two Sandtroopers with different colored pauldrons in the case.

I'm thinking it'll be the ROTJ version to round out Jabba's palace setting. Sideshow's been awfully skimpy with the ESB stuff.

Who knows, maybe LFL will force Sideshow to make an amalgamated Boba of both films and call it the "definitive" version.

On second thought, they won't because 2 different versions will bring in more $.

Well so far there have been 4 or 5 character figs from Ep.V so far released and slated for this year? But May 2010 will mark the 30th anniv of TESB.

So SSC might make Fett from EP. V? But like you said Mad Old Jim it would make sense to have Fett from EP. VI.

Yeah either way I would love it.

I would be shocked to see the ESB version produced first.

There are very few Star Wars characters left that I would buy in the 12" line, but Boba Fett is one of them.

i could see Fett having the same production schedule as Vader (who was released almost a year after the announcement).

Back