12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOTRFan said:
Here are two shots I took at SDCC:

SanDiegoComicCon2006035.jpg

SanDiegoComicCon2006036.jpg

I'll take that one LF! :D

Man, these early pictures are so cool to see that someone actually has this toy now, but so frustrating, in that I don't have mine, and I am totally nitpicking something I don't actually own yet, and mine may look different. Even the face looks different with the lighting variation in the first couple of photos. The beard looks lighter in the first photo, and in the last one, it looks like Viggo just face-planted in some chocolate cake (least I hope it was cake...) I will wait to see what shows up at my door before griping, though!

Not quite like the prototype (can you fix it SSC?), but it's clear to see why this LotR figure is more expensive than the SW 12-inches. justified, IMO. But that only makes it much harder to anticipate the presumed price of the Endor rebels.

Matt, love those pics.

SDCC Aragorn does look fantastic there. If you were to have said that these were pics of a prototype "PF", I would have believed you.

I've been a pretty harsh critique when it comes to the SW 12" line but in the end, I've kept every figure that I've gotten. None yet has been returned, once I've held it and seen it in person. With that in mind, I'm going to hold final judgement until it's in my possession, just as many of you are.

BUT...

This one may be one that will definitely benefit from a repaint, like the original Anakin fig did. And that coat will need one massive dry-brushing session...

FlyAndFight said:
Matt, love those pics.

SDCC Aragorn does look fantastic there. If you were to have said that these were pics of a prototype "PF", I would have believed you.

Thanks, and you are right. It could have passed for a PF, with the exception of maybe the jerkin ties and some other things that are quite hard to pull off on such a small scale.

Hmmm, the sky is falling. :monkey1

gambit said:
I love your both messages. Sideshow is not charging so much imo considering some plastic 3 inch hasbro figures are selling for 30 $ at Brianstoys LOL

No offense Gambit. But, I don't understand the logic when people say this. It doesn't matter if it cost $10, $20 or $65 (like Aragorn does). I don't feel since it is "only" $65 that I have to settle for something I don't like.

The bottom line is $65 IS alot of money. Sure, in the bigger picture of collecting. ($350 for Lurtz, $450 for General Grievous), $65 might seem like not alot. But, it still is.

It's apples and oranges. Someone who collects the Hasbro 3-Inch figures, could say "Wow, that's not worth $65" and be very happy with the $30 they spent...

Bottom Line. No matter what it costs. You should be 100% satisfied with your purchase. And, that goes for everything in life. Collecting isn't everything...

Just my opinion.

:peace

Darklord Dave said:
ARGGHHH! Everyone making snap judgements based on a couple of early pics. Haven't we chicken-littled enough around here?

LOL Dave you know better.

Darth Rage said:
Unfortunately quite of bit of the "chicken littleing" turned out to be justified on the star wars figures.

Says who? :lol

Edit: Because I worded it wrong. :)

Last edited:
jlcmsu said:
Says who? In your opinion maybe but I don't think quite a bit might be stretching it oh say A LOT. :lol

Says who? In your opinion maybe but I don't think quite a bit might be stretching it oh say A LOT. :lol

Get real. Aragorn is already sold out. So even though many of us here ain't exactly thrilled with the sub par effort SSC put into this figure the chances that they'll improve production because we're voicing our dissaproval are close to.....nil.

The guys in the design/art/sculpt department at SSC do incredible work putting these figures together, to bad the production weenies simply can't get thier poop in a group long enough to follow through.

I'm going to use my Aragorn as a near future Shadowrunner, so the viggo/ mel gibson/ Marty Feldman look alike issue really doesn't bother me.

That overcoat definietly needs some distressing. It looks a tad stiff. Still . . .I'd rather wait for the SS official pics before I start questioning further. Besides, I don't know where these pics came from! It could have come from a Chinese worker who decided to bring parts and assembled them at home. Officially, unless I see it next to its display box, I consider these pics "work in progress". I'd like to give SS the benefit of the doubt (and please make these pics not be true!!!)

Agent23 said:
No offense Gambit. But, I don't understand the logic when people say this. It doesn't matter if it cost $10, $20 or $65 (like Aragorn does). I don't feel since it is "only" $65 that I have to settle for something I don't like.

Bottom Line. No matter what it costs. You should be 100% satisfied with your purchase. And, that goes for everything in life. Collecting isn't everything...

None taken. Actually I agree with you and you have changed my opinion on this :lol
The lowest salary in Turkey is around 275 $ and 65 $ is not a small amount.(plus I will pay 50 $ for shipment). I really would like to have the same product as in SDCC pics.

And I know that I will not be 100% satisfied with him if I receive the same head sculpt. But on the other hand I just don't want to cancel the 1st exclusive 12" of this line.

I wish the next pics will change our opinions on this.

I think some of it has to do with the eyebrows, too. The dirt should be more blended on the coat. It's like what happened to Kit Fisto with the dots on his face. I think it still looks good, definatley not the jaw dropper of the prototype ofcoarse. I can't wait to see it in person because they usually look way better and this may be great. The sculpt and expression look the same, just... cleaner.

Last edited:
Even though they are crappy pics, I think Sideshow really needs to crack down on the production guys. Some of these new figures (like Obi-Wan) are only acceptable compared to the beautiful prototypes. Aragorn's beard is much too thickly painted in the crappy photos. It was more of stubble than beard. I wouldn't expect a Dr. House or Indianna Jones figure to have a full beard!

Despite these crappy pics, I am looking forward to this figure. Perhaps the exlcusive cloak may be able to cover up the leather jacket if it doesn't look so great in person?

IMG_2012.jpg

SanDiegoComicCon2006036.jpg

Am I seeing things now? :google Look at the HS, on the SDCC and the protos his hair stands are away from his left eye and his eyebrows look normal. With these "new" pics, his hair strand is right OVER his left eye and his eyebrows seem to have been raised, a definite altered sculpt. I seriously doubt SSC would allow this piece to be made this way, his eyes covered? No way..

I wonder if these "new pics' are the Aragorn we will be getting at all, it may very well not be as I have never seen a HS stray so far from the approved proto sculpt and display piece. Something is not right here... :confused:

Back