12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone (Josh?) have pics of Aragorn displayed @ SDCC? I recall it looked really good... can't really believe the production HS changed too much from the proto...

Hey SSC! If we have to repaint the figure right out of the box how about lowering the price to saaaaay....35.00? I mean why should we pay full price when we're only getting a half done/assed figure?

Hardcase01 said:
Hey SSC! If we have to repaint the figure right out of the box how about lowering the price to saaaaay....35.00? I mean why should we pay full price when we're only getting a half done/assed figure?

Calm down man! I know what you mean about the bad paint jobs, however, the figures themselves are very well done. The costumes and everything else for the most part add up for the price. $5-$10 less wouldn't be bad idea though.

He looks a bit like Chuck Norris here...

IMG_2012.jpg

His face seems poutier than I than the Proto... but again I'm not gonna start worrying until I see mine in person. These figure seem to photograph badly... so once he's in hand I think we'll know whats what.

But in terms of outfit and paint apps it looks pretty good, at least as good as SS best work on their 1/6 figures. He could probably use a bit of futzing.

Fritz said:
Was the Aragorn displayed at SDCC this year a production sample or the prototype? Because that one looked good.

I'm pretty sure the figures displayed at Comic Con (Aragon, Legolas, Boromir) were the prototypes not production samples).

pjam said:
Does anyone (Josh?) have pics of Aragorn displayed @ SDCC? I recall it looked really good... can't really believe the production HS changed too much from the proto...

I'll post a couple when I get home here in a bit.

Customikey said:
And costume weathering, Josh! Don't forget the weathering!!:cool:
IMHO the weathering may be more essential to this figure than the repaint.

a repaint and he'll look fine. I honestly though I wouldn't have to touch this one.... lol.

I am not gonna play Chicken Little, so I will wait to really have any genuine concerns until I have this figure in hand. The pose looks a little bland, and could probably use a de-frumping. The face looks like it has gone from having a pensive and "weight of the world" expression to an "I've been a bad widdle boy" expression, but I will wait till I am holding him in hand. I can't wait to get him though!!! It will be an LOTR-tastic month with him and Lurtz arriving!

pixletwin said:
IMHO the weathering may be more essential to this figure than the repaint.

Yeah true.... That coat needs weathering badly, but I can't tell with everything else. But I think that Aragorn's weathering is gonna be tons of fun to accomplish. That costume was WELL WORN. :lol

It's gonna be fun.... and I can't wait to see what you do with it as well Mikey...

Wor-Gar said:
Creepy sig, DA. Very cool.

Thanks WG!! I can't wait to scare the Hell out of our elderly patients on Halloween. PLUS, if that wasn't cool enough... Halloween is coming to the big screen at Regal Theaters for Oct 30th and 31st..... and it's at my local theater, about 10 minutes away.

So I will be there in costume.... ready to creep everyone out. :devil

Back