12" ANH Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a long time coming, but here are some more Leia pics...

Great way to "use what you got"! I spy an air conditioning filter and some sort of hose? With the lighting I definitely get the Blockade Runners hallway feel. Post more pics duder. <mouthsplosion.wav> :joy

Great way to "use what you got"! I spy an air conditioning filter and some sort of hose? With the lighting I definitely get the Blockade Runners hallway feel. Post more pics duder. <mouthsplosion.wav> :joy

Thanks, I have some Mauls that I need to work on and post.

Hey guys not to necropost, but I remember talk of some members making more accurate custom dresses for the Princess Leia figure. Did anyone make any progress, or find/make a suitable replacement?

Late acquisition:

Just picked up the exclusive Leia and I really like her. Sure, the dress has frays and doesn't hang as it's 1:1 counter-part does. Sure the hands are tiny and plastically looking but I really dig the headsculpt, the paint apps and the smaller sized body. The buns could have been a little bigger and it would have bumped the sculpt even higher.

I may be in the minority but I actually like the slightly to the side looking eyes. It really works with Leia and prevents the "thousand yard stare" that is found on many figures.

Here are a few mediocre pics: (pose was exactly how I removed her from the box, by the way. I just liked it and simply added the death star plans to her hand.)

Leia with my "Death Star Solo" rendition...

Head sculpt on this one is good. Outfit is not that good, and it drags the figure down. For me, my main beef is the way it hangs, and the lack of a workable hood

Great pics, Ed.

Very cool use of household items for the background. :rock
When I first saw those pics, I was focused on her, and didn't even notice that there were chair legs, vacuum cleaner hoses, etc. in the background. It just looked like the Rebel ship from Episode IV to me. That is pretty great.

Head sculpt on this one is good. Outfit is not that good, and it drags the figure down. For me, my main beef is the way it hangs, and the lack of a workable hood

I totally agree. The dress should have had more material as well as been made with a thin material that allows folds/creases to be done. If I was any good at sewing, I would try finding a suitable material to redo the dress with.

Of all of Sideshow's figures this is the hardest one to pose in a way that makes it look good.

It really is tough. This is my favorite pose I could get and have pretty much left her like this.

lying_down.jpg

I think the head sculpt is great and don't mind having to futz with the (ahem) dress. I don't have her yet, but I've been keeping an eye out on ebay and other places for a good price. She'll be nice if I can get a good deal on her.

Back