1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

i guess so, havent looked. do love mine tho great figure, stoked for the anti-card to ship end of the month :clap went with Ryokuma, the machete type blade he has reminds me of weapons seen in biomega.

Ahhh. And that's the price they are going for already???

On eBay yes, sadly. I managed to get a good deal from a member of the ThreeA BST on facebook, but he only had one to sell. It's at times like this when you really see the benefit of being part of a community that loves these collectibles—I would never have come across my CaRB if I hadn't become part of that group.

@illproxy—best of luck to you; I hope you find your CaRB soon.

Now the next item on my list is the Test Body. I guess everyone needs white whale :wink1:

On eBay yes, sadly. I managed to get a good deal from a member of the ThreeA BST on facebook, but he only had one to sell. It's at times like this when you really see the benefit of being part of a community that loves these collectibles—I would never have come across my CaRB if I hadn't become part of that group.

@illproxy—best of luck to you; I hope you find your CaRB soon.

Now the next item on my list is the Test Body. I guess everyone needs white whale :wink1:

I noticed Black Ops Toys have one in stock.
Good luck to them selling it for $320...

They had a Test version? At any rate, it's sold now. To be honest they show up very rarely on eBay now so $320 is a pretty solid price. I'm currently in discussions with another collector to trade for his Test Body, but he wants the MkVII Stealth shipped to a very obscure place and there may be customs issues. I think I'll wait and pray for a miracle.

They had a Test version? At any rate, it's sold now. To be honest they show up very rarely on eBay now so $320 is a pretty solid price. I'm currently in discussions with another collector to trade for his Test Body, but he wants the MkVII Stealth shipped to a very obscure place and there may be customs issues. I think I'll wait and pray for a miracle.

They had the Carb for $320.

That's a hell of a trade, I'd make it in a heartbeat

Yeah, and I got so close to it, too. Someone listed a Mark VII Stealth on these forums asking to trade for a Golden Age 2.0 Cap, and I happen to be in a position to buy that figure for about $200, unopened. But I messaged too late.

To be honest if I paid the current going rate for a Mark VII, I probably wouldn't want to trade it. I've paid my share of inflated prices for figures I really wanted, but at this point I've seen enough rare bargains come up that I'm willing to bide my time. Just the other day a Copperhead-13 figure by Kenny Wong popped up on eBay, new in its box, for less than it cost at launch.

Any word on when the Anti Carb Squad is shipping?

My post was deleted because I can't follow the Forum's Buy Sell Trade rules

Last edited by a moderator:

_DSC8335.jpg
_DSC8285.jpg
_DSC8292.jpg

waiting for my Anti CaRBs. :)

Lovely photos! They both look so dynamic. This is why I need a Test Body to go with my CaRB :wink1:

Lovely photos! They both look so dynamic. This is why I need a Test Body to go with my CaRB :wink1:

thanks! did you order an anti-CaRB? would work well too. :) but the test body is just too cool. :)

I got seriously interested in 1000Toys only after they had sold all the anti-CaRBs on their store. I've heard the original Synthetic Human is being reissued and I'd rather not pay any more than retail for a figure that is basically a (really excellent) nude robot. The test body is definitely worth a little more to me, but not enough to pay the ridiculous prices most are selling for these days. Either I'll come across a brilliant deal by sheer luck, or I'll be happy with my CaRB and the OG reissue.

That said, if an anti-CaRB ever came up for less than its original price, I'd snap it up. The little details in their helmets, weapons and clothes seem really excellent.

I got seriously interested in 1000Toys only after they had sold all the anti-CaRBs on their store. I've heard the original Synthetic Human is being reissued and I'd rather not pay any more than retail for a figure that is basically a (really excellent) nude robot. The test body is definitely worth a little more to me, but not enough to pay the ridiculous prices most are selling for these days. Either I'll come across a brilliant deal by sheer luck, or I'll be happy with my CaRB and the OG reissue.

That said, if an anti-CaRB ever came up for less than its original price, I'd snap it up. The little details in their helmets, weapons and clothes seem really excellent.

Your only choice is to keep waiting then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. You've actually got me thinking about why I don't just go for a test body at the current price. I think part of the reason I don't budge much for certain figures is my mental distinction between 'toy' and 'sculpture/art'. If something is striking (and often stylised), I'm happy to pay a little more for it because I can display it in my house for a long time and it'll probably retain quite a lot of resale value to the right collector.

When I see something like the Synthetic Human, all I want to do is play around with it--pry off the mask, balance it on its hands and such. Yeah, the 'art' toy might degrade over time just through normal display, but there's no doubt that my 1000Toys collection will end up with loose joints.

test body for $320 is the same price as the resell market back when it was new, so if you can get it for $320 i don't think you can find any better deals.

plus they already made it clear they won't re-release the test body, your best bet is to wait and get the original synthetic. for test body, i say pay the $300 if you want it.

$320 for the test body would be a good deal and in the right financial circumstances I'd go for it. But I don't think it'll be offered for that much, at least not for some time. I do think prices will fall eventually—I've seen rarer items than the Test Body go for retail many years after, but it does take a long time. And obviously there are no guarantees; it could totally go the other way, with $1000+ test bodies selling on eBay in five years, like it is with some of the very old ThreeA things.

anyone here got the e-mail about shipping the wrong anti carb figs?

Back