1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

so those that got one via the 2nd run raffle are being notified that theirs are shipping and yet my first run is still ORIGIN POST PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT wtf? wonder if 2nd runs will be inhand before they bother to even ship mine. jeeeebus h FRUSTRATED SHIP ME MY TOY PLS! ughhh :impatient:

I think it's just laziness & the urge to cut some cardboard costs. Doesn't really make much difference in terms of shipping it in a box 20% larger than the original box. These folks are in the collectible business yet they don't understand what their customer wants when they receive their goods. Everytime i see one of those items shipped in compact boxes i sweat.

And initially they said EMS, but ended up with airmail (was it even registered?) Makes a big difference in terms of how the box end up.

Maybe we should all make a fuss by posting our dented boxes instead of the figure itself.

I assume it's laziness and cheapness above all.
Yeah.. if mine ever ships we'll know...

none have landed in UK with any damages to the figure, at least none i have seen via pics. its in a foam inlay so even if the box gets thrashed im sure the fig will be fine.

being told it will ship ems and its not is annoying tho, big time, i dont like being lied to or mislead when money is involved. considering those of us in the US are still origin post is preparing i doubt we will see any land anytime soon, at least not this week. gah!

Got my notification today, I'm in the UK and was in the 2nd run, shipping 31st July arrival early August.

Well my problem is that if it's SAL it could take 3 weeks and sometimes SAL stuff gets lost.
Normally I'm fairly patient but they've had my money for 3 months haha

Good news! Just got an email/text that my package is in the LA sort facility. I'd imagine if you check your tracking info from usps it should be about the same. :yess:

Good news! Just got an email/text that my package is in the LA sort facility. I'd imagine if you check your tracking info from usps it should be about the same. :yess:

finally! nothing changed for mine tho but will be checking now every 5mins, lol

thks for letting us know!! :)

i'm pretty sure most had their box dented in some way. but then again most people throw away the boxes & keep the figure, or was it the other way round?

none have landed in UK with any damages to the figure, at least none i have seen via pics. its in a foam inlay so even if the box gets thrashed im sure the fig will be fine.

being told it will ship ems and its not is annoying tho, big time, i dont like being lied to or mislead when money is involved. considering those of us in the US are still origin post is preparing i doubt we will see any land anytime soon, at least not this week. gah!

Finally updated. Hope it gets here before weeks end :d

The ems vs airmail kinda sucks.
That and the con exclusive im already starting to dislike the company...

The ems vs airmail kinda sucks.
That and the con exclusive im already starting to dislike the company...

Agree with you on that ship method though. However I'm not sure they even really specified. I was looking for verification of that the other day. If they did initially say EMS, and went back on it, that's obviously not cool.

As for the potentially next to impossible to obtain variant con exclusive; yeah kinda have to agree there as well. Shouldn't you be trying to actually SELL your products? I mean if you're a new company, I'd think you want to try to make your product as widely available as possible. It just seems to early on in the start of a business to be offering Ltd. Ed products when the originals are already so hard to get!

Agree with you on that ship method though. However I'm not sure they even really specified. I was looking for verification of that the other day. If they did initially say EMS, and went back on it, that's obviously not cool.

As for the potentially next to impossible to obtain variant con exclusive; yeah kinda have to agree there as well. Shouldn't you be trying to actually SELL your products? I mean if you're a new company, I'd think you want to try to make your product as widely available as possible. It just seems to early on in the start of a business to be offering Ltd. Ed products when the originals are already so hard to get!

It will sell. And it's Sold Out right now... that's the hallmark of a product that has gotten the public's attention.
I reckon they will do several more small runs, each time varying the paint and weathering, and we will all have more chances of owning these in all the variants.
I haven't yet been able to track down a member here going to Comic-con or a HK show yet, but i am still looking.
If i can't, i will be content to wait till another non-convention version is announced.

yesssss update to me trackin!! :yess:

cant understand the hate for the exclusive? is it cuz you want and its hard to get(if so i get that, lol)? con exclusives arent anything new and the norm for toy companies so......

Excellent points from from Username and Illproxy as well! Of course we're used to exclusives. I actually like the con exclusive version. For me it's not so much hate as it is maybe a bit of confusion on certain levels. 1000toys is so new as a company. Thus far the have 2 products, both sold out essentially, and that's awesome. Although, they're not Hot Toys,3A or even threezero that have an established reputation as companies that have frequent releases.

I want to support this company and I did by picking up the first release from them. I don't think they're necessarily as reckless as some companies (Looking at you Playimagininative). However, I would put them up a bit higher than your typical doujin company that sells at cons as a primary business practice.

Ah well, I don't know. I suppose as long as they keep pushing the boundaries of development, the business part will take care of itself. So, yeah, part of the frustration could be the limited availability of this other exclusive. :gah:

Nothing to stop them from making more.
Companies do these exclusives all the time though. Its just a way to generate interest.

exclusives are the only way to get more attention to people visiting the conventions if their product has gained some popularity. also releasing some exc helps with increasing the demand for their products & also brand exposure.

Oooh Mine showed up in my city tonight!
I guess I'll get it tomorrow :D

Yes, mine are out for delivery!

Another video review while we wait-

Back