10 Cloverfield Lane (Cloverfield sequel)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely written movie up until the end. This didn't need to have the sci-fi twist. Just come up with some other creative ending and give the movie a different title without any ties to Cloverfield.

It doesn't have any ties to Cloverfield though does it? I didn't get the impression that the Aliens in this and the monster in the other film are related. I started out assuming that the attack was a reference to the monster and that the 'flash' was a nuclear response to it but at the end when I saw an Alien spacecraft flying around I thought ''oh this is a different thing then''.

Maybe the name Cloverfield merely denotes that there'll be a fantastical element to the film, but it's actually an entirely separate story.....or I'm wrong....

edit - by the way I haven't read back through the thread, maybe this has already been discussed.

I think Cloverfield is now an anthology series of unrelated monsters/attacks. If they do more they'll probably continue to work the word "cloverfield" in as an Easter egg but that will be the only thing connecting the films.

I just watched this last night. I enjoyed it and thought Goodman did a good job. I have to agree with Khev and what "Cloverfield" will be moving forward. I did not see any connection to the first film at all except that there was a monster element to it.

This movie was a self-contained, indie script called "The Cellar" that was eventually purchased by the people who did Cloverfield. According to the producers, it has nothing to do with that movie and it's not even set in the same universe. Feels like a marketing ploy. :lol

The only connection to Cloverfield was the fact that Goodman worked for the satellite company, that has a connection to the Cloverfeild monster. The only way you'd know that is if you followed the grassroots viral marketing campaign.... wtf

That spaceship was out of no where. I think the theory is its an alien invasion. The cloverfield monster is an infant of said aliens, but who knows how its related to them spaceships.

I think its lear that this was an original IP that they used Cloverfields name to springboard off of. That being said i highley enjoyed this movie.

I watched this movie a few days ago not expecting much but I came away very much surprised with how good and intense the movie was. Goodman was eerily fantastic in his role as a delusional(at first i thought lol) psychotic villian. There were so many tense, edge of your seat moments in that movie.

This movie is surprisingly good, don't know why it didn't do to well at the box office.

Here's a pretty comprehensive video on how related this movie is to Cloverfield.

They say they have nothing to do with each other, blood relatives, yet...

I think Cloverfield is now an anthology series of unrelated monsters/attacks. If they do more they'll probably continue to work the word "cloverfield" in as an Easter egg but that will be the only thing connecting the films.

So Cloverfield is just a simple word to use for movies that relate to a horrific event like a Twilight Zone?

So if that's the case, they'll have:

Mrs. Cloverfield (Crazy woman who takes her nieces kids for summer and tries to kill them.)

Project Cloverfield (Military testing that turns humans into crazed mindless people)

etc and so on...

:lol

So Cloverfield is just a simple word to use for movies that relate to a horrific event like a Twilight Zone?

Mrs. Cloverfield (Crazy woman who takes her nieces kids for summer and tries to kill them.)

Project Cloverfield (Military testing that turns humans into crazed mindless people)

etc and so on...

They are a few tie ins by paying close attention to some parts where they say some stuff like how the east coast was gone in the radio, the satellite company was the same company the dude from the first was going to work.

In all reality there is nothing wrong with this formula, simply because it leaves people expecting a follow up or sequel and gives you a totally different experience. This should be the start of an anthology of movies.

Just saw this today and I really enjoyed it. It does a decent job of keeping you on your toes and trying to figure out what's happening.

John Goodman was really good in this. Really felt the tension in this movie.

Definitely underrated. Wanted more monsters though lol

etc and so on...

GroverfieldPoster.jpg

John Goodman was really good in this. Really felt the tension in this movie.

Definitely underrated. Wanted more monsters though lol

Yeah, Goodman's performance is the highlight of the movie. It all revolves around him.

Back