1/9 King Arts DFS014 Avengers:AoU Iron Man Mark 45 Diecast Collectible figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2littlemoney

Super Freak
Reaction score
mark 45 spec.jpg

mark 45 1.jpg
mark 45 2.jpg
mark 45 3.jpg

A Female Mark 45. How did this make it out the factory like that?

Oh then this female can be pair with my male 1/6 mk 45 :yess: anyway i like mk 45 alot :clap

i POed a year ago the starboost from king arts and just picked it up last week.
in terms of paint apps and detail finisihing its very close to HT. and the joints
are also tight and smooth, big improvement from their first release, the mark 42.
never mind the never ending debate on diecast or plastic, what i can tell from
this starboost is i feel good when holding it in my hands. its sturdy and definitely
kind of hefty. the stand is also very nicely built, very solid. and with automatic
light-up feature which detects the magnet inside the foot of the figure!
very promising job by a young company, which definitely got me by surprise!.
really looking forward to the hulkbuster from king arts and HT go head to head next year!

starboost 1.jpg
starboost 2.jpg

the starboost i ordered a year ago was just $990(vip price). but the mark 45 is now $1150,
so there is an increase of more than 10% already! i have no regret getting this starboost,
very poseable too!

View attachment 223476

You mentioned that Starboost was a big improvement over the 42 in terms of loose joints. Does the 42 have the floppy pose syndrome, where he can't hold a pose? I saw on a you tube review that this seems to be true, especially in the midsection when you pull his abs out for an ab crunch. Kinda just flops forward/backward & can't hold the pose. I was planning on picking up the 42 but is now having second thoughts & might just wait for the 43, which comes w/ better accessories. I was going to get the 42 to replace my now sold off hot toys and was planning on getting all the armors a la King Arts. Much cheaper alternative, although it throws off the rest of my 1/6 scale collection..

You mentioned that Starboost was a big improvement over the 42 in terms of loose joints. Does the 42 have the floppy pose syndrome, where he can't hold a pose? I saw on a you tube review that this seems to be true, especially in the midsection when you pull his abs out for an ab crunch. Kinda just flops forward/backward & can't hold the pose. I was planning on picking up the 42 but is now having second thoughts & might just wait for the 43, which comes w/ better accessories. I was going to get the 42 to replace my now sold off hot toys and was planning on getting all the armors a la King Arts. Much cheaper alternative, although it throws off the rest of my 1/6 scale collection..

although i havent got the mark 42, i have read posts from other forum which said there were quite a few problems
on it, like loose joints, armours keep falling off the figure, and difficult to stand on its own. i suggest you
had better get the mark 43 instead, which is much better in terms of build quality.

although i havent got the mark 42, i have read posts from other forum which said there were quite a few problems
on it, like loose joints, armours keep falling off the figure, and difficult to stand on its own. i suggest you
had better get the mark 43 instead, which is much better in terms of build quality.

That's what I thought, guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to see for myself with KA's quality. Back to this thread's topic though, this figure does have dem child bearing hips.... hope KA is listening & will streamline him to a more manly physique..

I see these for about 200 on eBay are they worth it? Thinking of selling my 1/6 line

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Is space your reason for selling? The 1/6 line is much better in terms of value for dollar spent, quality, look..pretty much everything.

King arts is getting better though. Their newer products are great really. But still the price is high relative to say hot toys or others. They are a regional licensee so the figures are not as readily available as hot toys. I'd also look at iron studios. 1:10 scale and static..but very nicely done.

Is space your reason for selling? The 1/6 line is much better in terms of value for dollar spent, quality, look..pretty much everything.

King arts is getting better though. Their newer products are great really. But still the price is high relative to say hot toys or others. They are a regional licensee so the figures are not as readily available as hot toys. I'd also look at iron studios. 1:10 scale and static..but very nicely done.

dont know how much your distributor sell this. but if you buy it locally in HK, the 1/6 HT starboost is $1780, whereas the KA 1/9 starboost is $990.
its almost half the price plus you get a diecast figure. in terms of proportion, paint job and the details, KA's figure is very much at HT level, although
its not at all as strudy as HT as well as its durability has yet to be proved. and still, the long production time and QC issues are still the 2 main factors
for KA to improve before they can become a real threat to HT. I just bought the hammer head from KA, its gorgeous!

hammer head.jpg

I'm running out of space and can't decide what to collect lol. I have a bunch of kotobukia and sideshow. Need to decide

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

dont know how much your distributor sell this. but if you buy it locally in HK, the 1/6 HT starboost is $1780, whereas the KA 1/9 starboost is $990.
its almost half the price plus you get a diecast figure. in terms of proportion, paint job and the details, KA's figure is very much at HT level, although
its not at all as strudy as HT as well as its durability has yet to be proved. and still, the long production time and QC issues are still the 2 main factors
for KA to improve before they can become a real threat to HT. I just bought the hammer head from KA, its gorgeous!

View attachment 225632

Yeah, price is cheaper. But I can buy a little plastic thing out the gumball machine for 50cents...so for me just becuase it's cheaper doesn't mean it's better value. The 1/9th scale is not bad..I just don't much like it. As for it being on hot toys level...the paint maybe. Outside of that I disagree. and KA has a very limited catalog. Which is fine for some people. I prefer the larger selections. And as for diecast..that's nothing for me. I don't care if it's DC or plastic. One is no better then the other. DC has a nice "feel" weight wise. It's not near accurate though either. And given I don't stand around holding my figures much the weight thing is mostly wasted.

Back