1-6th X-wing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1-6th X-wing project

Hey Dorgmal, outside of your many projects, what are some that you would love to tackle later on down the road? Is star Wars your main passion or are there other licenses that you would love to add to?

Hi Stickman. Well start Wars is my main passion I guess. But there loads of things that I would love to still do. I started out with the military 1/6th about a year ago. I built a couple of corners of rooms then built a Pub, now that was fun.
But I would love to get back into my illustration and work on my www.space-pirates.co.uk I worked on that for quite a while but got a bit disheartened when I could not find any one to buy it. I really want to get one of my characters sculpted in to an action figure. That would be my ultimate dream. Ow and I love polaroid photography to.

Hope you like the pics. I will try to do more on the x-wing soon.

Dorgmal

pub7.jpg

pub6.jpg

pub5.jpg

pub3.jpg

pub1.jpg

comic-book.jpg

game-cards-1_03.jpg

Redix.jpg

Ginflow-max-Fridge2.jpg

DrandWig-BolSunrid.jpg

Thats looks sweet. where are you going to put it when its done?

LOL I just don't know! I gave the pub to a friend after the photoshoot. But i am converting my loft at the moment so I will have some place to work and play. May end up selling it!

Dorgmal

Wow Dorgmal I love your setup. I do Stop motion and actively participate in Denver's Film festival. This work is right up there with some of the professionals that I have seen. I have one of those Nazi Check point huts. Did you make that yourself? I bought mine custom made a year or so ago from Battle Rhino. The guy only made ten of them. I've never seen them in stock again. I love the detail in your work. Thank you so much for sharing. Did you make everything in your shots? Where'd you get those yard tools? WOW very cool.

You animation looks like it would fit in very well on Cartoon Network. Have you ever pitched it to them? Very unique!

Wow Dorgmal I love your setup. I do Stop motion and actively participate in Denver's Film festival. This work is right up there with some of the professionals that I have seen. I have one of those Nazi Check point huts. Did you make that yourself? I bought mine custom made a year or so ago from Battle Rhino. The guy only made ten of them. I've never seen them in stock again. I love the detail in your work. Thank you so much for sharing. Did you make everything in your shots? Where'd you get those yard tools? WOW very cool.

You animation looks like it would fit in very well on Cartoon Network. Have you ever pitched it to them? Very unique!

Cheers Stickman, i try to make as much of the stuff in my shots as possible but sometimes I have to buy bits and pieces. I made the Check point huts, piano, chairs, wood shed in fact most of it except the glasses and bottles, I even made the pipes for a laugh.

As for my illustrations and story, well I really should push it and try to sell it but to be honest I just love putting all my energy into 1-6th at the mo.

If you ever need another check point let me know!

Dorgmal.

1.jpg

pub4.jpg

Now we see how Snow is able to get all his projects done so quickly. He's not human!!!
attachment.php

Hey Snow,
I got the templates done for the throne, I want to send them to you. They may need some adjusting. I don't have a computer program, I did it by hand. I was hoping if I sent them to you, you could do your magic with your computer program. I'll try to scan the templates tonight.

Hi Dorgmal, looking at your artwork I could tell its very distinctively your style.
Uniqueness is rare to come by.
Doing illustrations is part of what I do at work and I can tell that you are good.:D

Back to topic, your X-wing is really taking shape. Hope to see your completed work.

Your animation is awesome m8, im really suprised nobody has made you any offers. Have you tried anywhere internationally?

Hi Dorgmal, looking at your artwork I could tell its very distinctively your style.
Uniqueness is rare to come by.
Doing illustrations is part of what I do at work and I can tell that you are good.:D

Back to topic, your X-wing is really taking shape. Hope to see your completed work.

Cheers Puay. Just nned to find someone to take my ideas and turn it in to a fantastic cartoon and maybe one I will be able to buy one of my characters in a shop LOL.

Really need to get cracking with the x-wing, I think I will have to do a couple of late nights on it.

Dorgmal

Your animation is awesome m8, im really suprised nobody has made you any offers. Have you tried anywhere internationally?

To be honest Crimsonbob I did not try very hard, I just like creating and making stuff. I am rubbish at selling my work, I do it because I love it, but it would be nice to make money from it.

D

Diorama's and 1:6 environments are where it's at for me. 1:6 figures are fun but we have big companies making them for us, it's these wonderful environments that give them life. Dorgmal I really appreciate and love your work. Every shot I see of yours truly inspires me to get back to working on my sets.

Diorama's and 1:6 environments are where it's at for me. 1:6 figures are fun but we have big companies making them for us, it's these wonderful environments that give them life. Dorgmal I really appreciate and love your work. Every shot I see of yours truly inspires me to get back to working on my sets.

Do it Stickman. If one of my photographs inspires one person to get making one thing, then its all worth wild. Thank you for your comments it is knowing that people are enjoying looking as much as I am enjoying making.

A lot of people look at stuff on the forum but never comment. I think that is a shame as there is so much great stuff on here.

Keep building, Dorgmal.

Still working on the paneling and have put a wash of colour, just to see what its gonna look like. Getting there slowly....

Dorgmal

x-43.jpg

x-44.jpg

Back