1-6th X-wing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1-6th X-wing project

Good heavens, Lopie, I'm just glad you're still here to tell us about it.:google

Cheers Katya, it is gonna take a whil to get it finished which is why I am going for a part build, and the shear size of it. Its also nice to hear that a lady is into 1/6th.:rolleyes:

I will keep trying to post pics as I do more work.
Cheers

Dorgmal.

Just checking back in on this thread-oh my giddy aunt, that thing is *huge*!
Looking fantastic, though-what a shame you don't have room to keep it!

And yes, there are a few of us out here. :) Most female customizers I know prefer Japanese or American fashion dolls, but there are some of us who enjoy action figures as well.

Right.... had a major think about the x-wing.....It was just so big and totally crazy especially when I have nowhere to put the cuffing thing. So I got out my CHAINSAW and bobs your uncle.......

It is now a manageable size, although it breaks my heart it had to be done. At least this way I will not have to burn it when I finish it LOL.

Now I can really concentrate on it and get it finished quicker...itching to get on with new project.

I have also thought about adding a few lights and that is something new for me and very exciting...

Dorgmal

x-38.jpg

Posting this quick pic on all three of my threads rather than start a new thread....

Just all the projects so far.

Dorgmal

project2.jpg

First let me introduce myself, i am MassProduced. This is my first post, i've been a member for awhile now and i have read and enjoyed all the posts and projects on this board. My extreme praise to all of you.Dorgmal i really love everything you do, just a fantastic job

First let me introduce myself, i am MassProduced. This is my first post, i've been a member for awhile now and i have read and enjoyed all the posts and projects on this board. My extreme praise to all of you.Dorgmal i really love everything you do, just a fantastic job

Why thank you very much indeed. I have really enjoyed sharing and chatting to every one on the forum. It is such an inspiration to meet so many like minded people.

Dorgmal

Having a break from the troublesome Palpatine throne and palying around with the x-wing.

Started the paneling and I have to ssay its brought the ship alive, I love it.....

I will post more pics soon.

dorgmal

x-39.jpg

Really looking forward to painting it up. Still got a lot to do but I am so enjoying it.....

Dorgmal

x-39.jpg

x-41.jpg

x-40.jpg

Nice! Are you scribing the detail into the plastic or are those seperate pieces?

Also, what do you use to seal joints and cracks in the plastic?

Nice! Are you scribing the detail into the plastic or are those seperate pieces?

Also, what do you use to seal joints and cracks in the plastic?

Cheers Prog, I am cutting individual pieces and sticking em on..
As for filling! I am just using car body filler.

Dorgmal

Gorgmal. She's looking beautiful. You did a great job with the LED's as not to make them over powering as I have seen done to Jabba's throne. Keep it up. Strong with the force, you are.

Gorgmal. She's looking beautiful. You did a great job with the LED's as not to make them over powering as I have seen done to Jabba's throne. Keep it up. Strong with the force, you are.

Cheers I am really getting into this build stuff. I just want to make everything! LOL.

Thanks for your comment, its what makes me stay up late at night an get on with it!!!

Dorgmal

Hey Dorgmal, outside of your many projects, what are some that you would love to tackle later on down the road? Is star Wars your main passion or are there other licenses that you would love to add to?

Digging the detailing on the X-Wing bro... makes it come alive!

Back