1/6th Scale TESB Yoda & Dagobah Hut Environment!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of curiosity...any fans of this figure who think that their appreciation is clear evidence of the esthetic superiority of their tastes, intelligence, powers of perception, etc.? It's occurred to me that it would take a major twat to indulge that kind of horse manure and I just wanted to make sure that none of you shared the penchant for smelling your own farts which characterizes the aforementioned species of snob.

tumblr_luvhoyK0qy1qhf777o1_500.gif

Thanks for playing (and thanks to those who are wont to confess, as well; I consider it a mark of high character if you're inclined to keep said shortcomings to yourself).

The paint isn't great, but I still think the SS sculpt is better than the Medi.

Bit of a repaint and Medi looks pretty good in the Dagobah environment IMO.
I was planning to repaint the environment as well, I know someone on here did an amazing job a while back, can't remember who? I would love to get the exterior looking wet and dirty.
Been trying to source "solid water", I think it was called, I saw someone use it on the exterior, it looked fantastic?

Still have to add hair to this guy..
1-97_zpsc24394bf.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant.. "small green frog man found with laser blasts to back of head - Bounty Hunter in custody, motive unknown, but annoying turn of phrase blamed"

That looks terrible.

Oh my God... the hypocrisy. Seriously. After posting that bizarre nonsensical post above you go and do the same thing to someone else? There's all kinds of pot calling the kettle black on that one, not sure how you could even try to deny that. It also bothers me because regardless of what you think of the sculpt, there's no debating that the custom painting skill on that piece is impressive. Saying something from the manufacturer is not to your liking is one thing, but calling another user's work terrible is just rude and not classy. And it's not a valid argument anyways because clearly it's not terrible... in fact it's very very impressive.

If you're going to criticize someone on their behavior by deeming it holier than though or claiming they are demonstrating superiority over someone with their tastes, calling their work terrible 2 seconds later is clearly not the way to go about having anyone take what you say seriously. Sorry not the most intelligent move I must say.

So being a rude, obtuse **** is something you have a problem with now?

Another member's work is something special, and above criticism (whether you agree with the evaluation or not), but if the work comes from a company it's fair game? Do I have that right?

So you insist upon maintaining double standards while attempting to call me out on them? *****, please.

Guys, really. First off, let's take it down a notch. Both figures have their pros and cons and both need work right out of the box. Now this is the SS Yoda thread and not the Medi V SS thread, so let's either tone down the attacks and keep things civil or hell, start a Medi Yoda v SS Yoda thread (which I'm sure will stay open all of 14 minutes)?!

The Medi one is nice but looks too frail and sickly. He didn't even look like that when he croaked.

I think the green could have been done a bit closer to the screen puppet, but the SS figure overall is a better figure.

Buy the one you want and stick it on your shelf. WGAF if someone thinks it's the bestest or not. :dunno

Guys, really. First off, let's take it down a notch. Both figures have their pros and cons and both need work right out of the box. Now this is the SS Yoda thread and not the Medi V SS thread, so let's either tone down the attacks and keep things civil or hell, start a Medi Yoda v SS Yoda thread (which I'm sure will stay open all of 14 minutes)?!

I have ignored said nasty remarks, but I guess I can answer you Flosi...
So we can't post pics in here anymore man? I just joined a medi V SS conversation with a pic of a repaint in the SS environment. In fact I answered your post. Who exactly isn't being civil? the old boy with a chip on his shoulder, no one else said anything remotely inappropriate?
How can you avoid conflict when certain members in here only seem to want conflict?

This guy is trolling several threads like he owns the place. I haven't risen to his nasty comments, but how about just for a change the mods deal with the culprit rather than blanket bombing everyone?
C'mon mods start treating everyone fairly, older members and newer guys.

Ah hell, just delete the whole lot as usual and let the whole thing continue..
:(

Last edited:
Yet we're all still dwelling on who said this and who did that... Just drop it. Keep the conversation about the figure, and or figures. I'm not about to go through every post and analyze every detail. Just keep the personal attacks out of it. Thanks.

The Medi one is nice but looks too frail and sickly. He didn't even look like that when he croaked.

I think the green could have been done a bit closer to the screen puppet, but the SS figure overall is a better figure.

Buy the one you want and stick it on your shelf. WGAF if someone thinks it's the bestest or not. :dunno

I almost think the SS is a little too bulky at times, body wise. But I do agree, the Medi might be a little too frail, though I love the longer arms and how that really gives the puppet like appearance to Yoda... Both are cool though.

I'm not engaging with him personally... it's what he wants... sad really. I wish I had the time on my hands for that kind of behavior. Just because we post on a forum about adults that buy toys does not mean we should act like children.

I think my friend Evilface summed it up pretty much, be happy with whatever one you like irregardless of what you think of the other. Nothing wrong with sharing your opinion, if you don't agree no ones forcing you to buy it. I think on thing every single one of us can agree on it that the perfect Yoda has yet to come, every one out there so far has room for serious improvement. I can only hope one day one company will release one with a non-hostile thread where pretty much everyone agrees it's awesome. A character like Yoda deserves that much.

Sadly as collectors I don't think we are yet mature enough to have cross company posts... maybe one day we will reach that plateau, but today is not that day :lecture

Back