1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at Han and Threepio together, I'm again struck by the synergistic (and money-sucking) nature of our hobby. The figures look great together and hit me in the nerd-brain.

I passed on Han but it's still one of my favourite Hoth offerings, along with the Probe.

Yeah, it makes me wish I had a C-3PO just for a Hoth display, but then I'd also need one for Jabba's Palace , etc. etc. :lol

Yeah, it makes me wish I had a C-3PO just for a Hoth display, but then I'd also need one for Jabba's Palace , etc. etc. :lol

Hey GB, did you get tracking from BBTS for the Tauntaun? I ordered mine a few days ago but never got tracking, it's stuck at warehouse on the order status.

Yes, I got an email the next day with a FedEx tracking number.

Just got the email. :slap Was it delivered by Fed Ex or the post office? I ask because I'm having this shipped to my job and the last few packages that were delivered here were totally mishandled by the post office.

Are the measurements on sideshows website accurate? Can anyone tell me just how big this thing is? Picked one up at a good price from a fellow freak and wanted to make sure it will fit where I want it to.

Looks great GB...good solution there. Mine hasn't found a permanent spot yet but I'm enjoying the heck out of it....

...got mine from BBTS too...class act all the way.

Man, it's terrible... I've been on the fence over this tauntaun for what feels like years. Maybe that's a sign that I don't really want it and shouldn't buy it. :gah:

Or that you will regret not getting it... :)

Yeeeah, I know. :lol But I feel like the more I look at it, the less I want it. That seam is so noticeable to me, and the sculpted fur is just so-so... I feel like I don't love it enough to justify the $$$. Plus, space and funds are limited!

It's a wonderful piece. The seam isn't as bad in hand, as at certain angles you don't see it (other angles it's clear as day). But the sculpted fur does make it look like more of a statue than looking like an actual scaled down Tauntaun.

I think this is the only chance you'd have to get a high-end Tauntaun in 1/6; the Hasbro one can suffice but really doesn't compare to this and I don't see this being something Hot Toys would tackle.

And even though it's sculpted it still looks fanstastic on display and I think having the snow caked into the fur helps it look more realistic than if it were just a clean Tauntaun. Glad I picked it up, now only if it had been like $250 I'd be ecstatic.

I think this is the only chance you'd have to get a high-end Tauntaun in 1/6; the Hasbro one can suffice but really doesn't compare to this and I don't see this being something Hot Toys would tackle.

And even though it's sculpted it still looks fanstastic on display and I think having the snow caked into the fur helps it look more realistic than if it were just a clean Tauntaun. Glad I picked it up, now only if it had been like $250 I'd be ecstatic.

Oh I agree - I think this'll be it. No more tauntauns are coming! But I'm not sure that's enough to make me want to settle for a product I'm not thrilled with. Not for over $300. Especially with so many Star Wars goodies on the way.

Agreed... I was on the fence for quite awhile and had really hoped I'd get a deal on him like I did by waiting on the Dewback and Yoda's hut to dip. But it seems they made the right amount of Tauntauns as I never saw a good deal; I think the best was someone selling an opened one for $300 plus shipping.

Back