1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats!

I love mine too. Hope to have more space in future to display it better.

76cf0840eb0af103e9bc9b9d912e7803.jpg

18 - I just pick this up. I got tired of waiting for a deal that was likely not to come...

I just bought one from BBTS yesterday... like you they never seemed to drop in price and I missed out on using a $20 off coupon. Figured I'd better get one now rather than have to pay an extra $50 to $100 in a year.

Was there only one version released by sideshow or was there an exclusive as well?

Just the one version.

I just bought one from BBTS yesterday... like you they never seemed to drop in price and I missed out on using a $20 off coupon. Figured I'd better get one now rather than have to pay an extra $50 to $100 in a year.

Just the one version.

Thanks. Yeah I just picked one up from BBTS as well. I think they are down to 13. I agree , better to spend the $349 now and $500 down the road.

Same here and if the tracking is correct the Tauntaun will be here tomorrow; that's damn quick for a giant package.

Wow! Where are you? Never mind I see you are in Oklahoma.I'm NJ but mine hasn't shipped yet..

I paid $12 for a 30lb tauntaun and $18.63 for a 3lb messed up C-3p0.

Was $42 shipping when I go this from SS, pretty much wiped out all rewards and would have wiped out most of a coupon had I used one, compared to BBTS.

Wow! Where are you? Never mind I see you are in Oklahoma.I'm NJ but mine hasn't shipped yet..

I paid $12 for a 30lb tauntaun and $18.63 for a 3lb messed up C-3p0.

That sounds about right :lol

Was $42 shipping when I go this from SS, pretty much wiped out all rewards and would have wiped out most of a coupon had I used one, compared to BBTS.

Well that does make me feel a bit better about missing out on using a $20 coupon from Sideshow. I remember the shipping from Sideshow was pretty high and funny that it would have taken as long or longer than getting it from BBTS for $12.

Well, sure enough the Tauntaun showed up today... I placed my order on Tuesday and 4 days later the package arrives. Not sure what'd be faster but at $12 I'm now a huge fan of the BBTS Super Saver.

And the Tauntaun was double-boxed... leading C-3PO and Han to disagree on whether or not that could actually be a Tauntaun in there.

afbc8601-fe4d-4c1a-a9ff-b75f4486521a_zpsi9gerahc.jpg

The party was cut short when I quickly discovered the Tauntaun did not fit in the shelf I had ear-marked for it. However, with a drill and some determination I was able to cut a hole in the side of the shelf to allow the tail to pass through. And since there are figures on the adjacent shelf you can't even tell I did anything​

b318d45e-7875-4a1b-9b04-1938b15f9c97_zps4y1shxl1.jpg

And here he is on display, I'll switch up the poses on Luke and Han a bit, but at the time I didn't have all of their accessories handy.​

ab0b5133-8614-49e1-99fd-6dcae365dda8_zpsj0gr7dmc.jpg

Gotta say I love the Tauntaun and Sideshow did solid work with the Hoth figures. Hopefully we get a Leia from Sideshow or Hot Toys before it's all said and done; her ESB appearance has been sorely under-represented.

Well, sure enough the Tauntaun showed up today... I placed my order on Tuesday and 4 days later the package arrives. Not sure what'd be faster but at $12 I'm now a huge fan of the BBTS Super Saver.

And the Tauntaun was double-boxed... leading C-3PO and Han to disagree on whether or not that could actually be a Tauntaun in there.

afbc8601-fe4d-4c1a-a9ff-b75f4486521a_zpsi9gerahc.jpg

The party was cut short when I quickly discovered the Tauntaun did not fit in the shelf I had ear-marked for it. However, with a drill and some determination I was able to cut a hole in the side of the shelf to allow the tail to pass through. And since there are figures on the adjacent shelf you can't even tell I did anything​

b318d45e-7875-4a1b-9b04-1938b15f9c97_zps4y1shxl1.jpg

And here he is on display, I'll switch up the poses on Luke and Han a bit, but at the time I didn't have all of their accessories handy.​

ab0b5133-8614-49e1-99fd-6dcae365dda8_zpsj0gr7dmc.jpg

Gotta say I love the Tauntaun and Sideshow did solid work with the Hoth figures. Hopefully we get a Leia from Sideshow or Hot Toys before it's all said and done; her ESB appearance has been sorely under-represented.

That's a drastic work you did for your display cabinet.

Back