1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but I think some of these were actually photos that they panned over Ken Burns style, and the Han screen grabs look really good. Either way, I agree it's best to reserve judgement. It's funny Luke is probably seen more in his Hoth gear all bloodied up than normal looking. He's out there for 2 seconds before the Wampa comes and drags him away.

That's true!:lol

All I mean is that there has been so much swinging pendulum with Luke and Han Hoth - from "terrible!" to "awesome!" and back again, again and again (I'm getting whiplash from the reverse-to-fifth-gear changes in direction) - mostly based on obviously and badly distorted smartphone pics or frame enlargements of good ol' youtube clips (the online source of all truth as we know.)

I know we're all really desperately wanting to see pics in these early stages, and the future of 1/6 SSC is indeed "sort of" linked to headsculpts like these, but these types of images contribute to that pendulum and it fans the flames of that positive vs. negative extreme nerd rage we've seen shut down both threads in the past week, and also generates unwarranted cancellations.

He looks sea sick.

But at least he's not bugged-eyed.

Anyway, you get three heads so you have a lot of choices. I like goggles on, scarf around mouth and covered in frost as the best, most accurate look.

He looks sea sick.

But at least he's not bugged-eyed.

Anyway, you get three heads so you have a lot of choices. I like goggles on, scarf around mouth and covered in frost as the best, most accurate look.

This exact joke was used in the Han thread when the early pics hit.

Then, it was "Luke looks great and the clear winner, Han's a total Drake dud - lol!" Now... it's the other way around. "Han looks amazing in the IGN video!":lol Wonder what it'll be in another few days, after more smartphone pics and youtube video stills hit that distort things in the other direction again.

Sideshow Sheaps will stampede whichever way the day's youtube breeze blows.:lol

This exact joke was used in the Han thread when the early pics hit.

Then, it was "Luke looks great and the clear winner, Han's a total Drake dud - lol!" Now... it's the other way around. "Han looks amazing in the IGN video!":lol Wonder what it'll be in another few days, after more smartphone pics and youtube video stills hit that distort things in the other direction again.

Sideshow Sheaps will stampede whichever way the day's youtube breeze blows.:lol

That's always the case. The back and forth, ebb and flow. Always has been, always will be. It doesn't help when people point out a single post as a universal constant for a member's opinion of a single picture.

That said, having seen the full video, that BD Luke is not a good representation of the movie Luke. The nose looks really large on that portrait, and the attitude in the sculpt doesn't look quite right (I thought sea sick actually capture the expression well).

Is the hat broken like in the movie?

Is the hat broken like in the movie?

Hat is much worse in the movie. If the hat was like that on the SS figure it would look pretty ridiculous though.
lukewampaattack.jpg

It would be kind of cool to display Luke hanging upside down with his arm outreached to get his lightsaber. I wouldn't want it to drop and get damaged though plus without a Wampa it wouldn't be as cool.

Speaking of Hoth, I can't help but wonder why Sideshow didn't announce a Hoth Leia to go with their Hoth Han and Luke. Seems like making all three would have been a pretty obvious move-- especially considering Leia wears the Hoth outfit in the movie a lot longer than either of the guys do!

^Yeah if you have to make one Leia from Empire that's obviously the one, whereas with Han and Luke that's harder to say. It's a pity they've moved on from Hoth it seems. We'll see at SDCC though.

Back