1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what the point of the scene-specific damaged head sculpt is without an expression that makes sense for a that specific scene. This sculpt has always been an easy pass for me, and another to add to the list of useless exclusive items. Glad they included a hatless head as standard, but he never appears in the movie like that. Contrast with Han where the exclusive is a hatless head sculpt matching many scenes which would have been more appropriately included as standard.

Well after watching the review I think both look fantastic and for the EX head when they showed a shot of him upside down the sculpt looked better. Proto looked good just standing or upside down but from the production head it'll look better if you put him upside down. Still needs a bit more blood.

Here's a the IGN video at Youtube - this way you don't have to use that Flash horse**** on the dumpy IGN site.

Biggest fail for me is that both figures are precisely the same height and appear to be using the exact same body.

You're right! I didn't notice before! You would have thought Sideshow would have learned after the crap they got with the Han and Luke in Stormie disguise figures being the same height.

I wonder which one is the wrong one--is Luke on the tall body or is Han on the short body?

BDLuke.jpg
Does this come with a Battle Damage head sculpt or no?
I just saw some one post a pic on the OSR Facebook page of a BD sculpt.

Here's a the IGN video at Youtube - this way you don't have to use that Flash horse**** on the dumpy IGN site.

I was happy about this video until I found out IGN did it..These guys are clueless on collecting and how to handle figures :gah:

I was happy about this video until I found out IGN did it..These guys are clueless on collecting and how to handle figures :gah:

Does that IGN guy seriously have an rebel insignia tattooed to his forearm?:lol That level of geekdom must be a prerequisite to work at IGN.

That is a screen cap from youtube, always a bad source of what something actually looks like (lighting, colors, resolution issues,) so I'll reserve judgement.

True, but I think some of these were actually photos that they panned over Ken Burns style, and the Han screen grabs look really good. Either way, I agree it's best to reserve judgement. It's funny Luke is probably seen more in his Hoth gear all bloodied up than normal looking. He's out there for 2 seconds before the Wampa comes and drags him away.

Back