1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna build this figure part by part, as buying it whole cost way too much for me...biggest problem i will face is finding a vest.

Gonna build this figure part by part, as buying it whole cost way too much for me...biggest problem i will face is finding a vest.

If you are using almost all SSC parts, the helmet alone runs $25-30, rifle averages $20-30 (sometimes higher) - that's nearly $60 minus shipping and you haven't even gotten to the body yet. There are a few quality pieces that can be had for cheap - boots, backpack, cape, codpiece - but even those will run you over $30 together. It adds up fast!

I did assemble a HT Indy minus the head and body for $100 including shipping but it was a huge time waster (auctions etc.) and that fig sold for much higher - $250, not $175 like this guy.

It's a funny thing how customs often add up to more than a HT release of the same figure, and don't even bother factoring in your time spent building it. Do it for the fun or 100% accuracy, but doing a custom to save money is a almost always a losing game.

Well.... so I futzed him up.... and...

he's fantastic! :clap

Fett1-1.jpg
Fett2.jpg
Fett8.jpg

Fett3.jpg
Fett4.jpg
Fett9.jpg

Fett5.jpg

Fett6.jpg

Maybe not my pics, but he is fantastic.

Did the full vest fix: cut plastic backing for flexibility, stitched the sides tighter, and added a bit of padding in the chest.

I also added a bit of padding to the belly, because I didn't like the gap between belts and vest that was also concave.

I also pulled out the hand pegs about a third of the way out of the wrist to extend the forearm a bit.

Beyond the repairs, I found that my new Fett -- with exception of the missing markings on the jetpack -- is superior to my last. Better detailing, not as much slop as before, better Wookie braids, pant-leg velcro strap matches the suit -- overall much better.

So if I can get a replacement jetpack, then I'm very, very happy.

Looks great WG! Fantastic futzing and posing :clap

I did the same thing with the wrist pegs and it makes a big difference for the better.

Happy you are finally able to enjoy Fett.

Gotta quit visiting this thread. It's like a roller coaster. For someone who's trying to determine if he wants to buy or not, the lot of you are making it very difficult.

One person say's he's not impressed and I'm like "Okay, cool, I'll wait". . . then the next person says "Fantastic" and now I'm like "Must have now!"

Make up your mind people. . . maybe I should start a poll. We need more poll threads.

:p

If it's any help, here's my personal pros and cons. This is independent of any other Boba Fett figures since SS is my first Fett:

Pros::)
1) Wonderful detailing and shading/paintwork on the armour, including the helmet and gauntlets, with realistic looking weathering. Visor piece is done out in black shiny plastic.
2) Jumpsuit has good weathered and dirty look, especially around the legs. However, velcro one of my velcro fasteners became loose after I peeled it back to adjust the leggings.
3) Cape looks nice, has wiring that allows you to make it look windswept.
4) Blaster rifle is detailed and well painted.
5) Kneepads and shoulderpads are the correct colour as per movie.
6) Really nice looking light up base, but replace the batteries with decent ones.
7) Pair of interchangeable feet for more action oriented poses.
8) Jetback harness is quite nice, I appreciated the use of metal hooks rather than just slapping the thing on with glue. However, it can slip off when the figure is bumped, which is a minor nuisance.

Cons::(
1) Belt feels a bit flimsy, tendency to slip.
2) Hands can suffer some paint wearing and flaking off with repeated handling, mainly an issue with my trigger hand.
3) Kneepads have a tendency to slip down.
4) Boxy vest! Needs futzing to make it look good. I recommend trimming and cutting plastic backing and removing the abdomen plate to heat separately.
5) Wooky braids look silly, but can be corrected with futzing.
6) The base figure feels a bit flimsy and falls over at times. Proportions are a bit off but this only obvious with certain poses. Waist is a bit thin for me, so I had to pad it out.

My cons are mostly minor things. If you want it, then buy it. At the current price, he's still affordable. Being late tot he party, I paid a good deal higher than the original retail for some of my 1/6 figures. While SS Fett is quite plentiful at the moment, you may regret it later when you have to pay more.

If it's any help, here's my personal pros and cons. This is independent of any other Boba Fett figures since SS is my first Fett:

Pros::)
1) Wonderful detailing and shading/paintwork on the armour, including the helmet and gauntlets, with realistic looking weathering. Visor piece is done out in black shiny plastic.
2) Jumpsuit has good weathered and dirty look, especially around the legs. However, velcro one of my velcro fasteners became loose after I peeled it back to adjust the leggings.
3) Cape looks nice, has wiring that allows you to make it look windswept.
4) Blaster rifle is detailed and well painted.
5) Kneepads and shoulderpads are the correct colour as per movie.
6) Really nice looking light up base, but replace the batteries with decent ones.
7) Pair of interchangeable feet for more action oriented poses.
8) Jetback harness is quite nice, I appreciated the use of metal hooks rather than just slapping the thing on with glue. However, it can slip off when the figure is bumped, which is a minor nuisance.

Cons::(
1) Belt feels a bit flimsy, tendency to slip.
2) Hands can suffer some paint wearing and flaking off with repeated handling, mainly an issue with my trigger hand.
3) Kneepads have a tendency to slip down.
4) Boxy vest! Needs futzing to make it look good. I recommend trimming and cutting plastic backing and removing the abdomen plate to heat separately.
5) Wooky braids look silly, but can be corrected with futzing.
6) The base figure feels a bit flimsy and falls over at times. Proportions are a bit off but this only obvious with certain poses. Waist is a bit thin for me, so I had to pad it out.

My cons are mostly minor things. If you want it, then buy it. At the current price, he's still affordable. Being late tot he party, I paid a good deal higher than the original retail for some of my 1/6 figures. While SS Fett is quite plentiful at the moment, you may regret it later when you have to pay more.

Great list of pros and cons! I totally agree with everything you said Omega. But does anyone else think his jumpsuit is a bit short? bending his knees to put into an action pose just shows off grey plastic leg on my figure. The Jumpsuit legs need to be longer. I also not sure how rare this figure will be either. Sure the EX might be hard after a while but SS still has not listed an edition size for this figure have they?

Great list of pros and cons! I totally agree with everything you said Omega. But does anyone else think his jumpsuit is a bit short? bending his knees to put into an action pose just shows off grey plastic leg on my figure. The Jumpsuit legs need to be longer. I also not sure how rare this figure will be either. Sure the EX might be hard after a while but SS still has not listed an edition size for this figure have they?

Took the figure off the shelf and bent the legs to see for myself. You're right, you do see some grey plastic showing. I've notived the same issue occurs with the sleeves on the jumpsuit, though this is less noticeable.

Looks great WG! Fantastic futzing and posing :clap

I did the same thing with the wrist pegs and it makes a big difference for the better.

Happy you are finally able to enjoy Fett.

Looking good...looking very, very good! :clap

Thank you very much, gentlemen. Very high praise from you two. :bow

I still have a few minor tweaks -- like futzing the cape -- to finish but I need to see if SS will send me a replacement jetpack. Then I will finish him off, but overall I'm very, very happy with this guy.

For those still on the fence: First off, come on, this is Boba Fett. Second, he's definitely a figure that needs some attention to fully realize just how cool he is. It's because there are so many bits of detail, things hanging here and there, that may look sloppy out of the box but once you set it just right he really comes to life. And it really doesn't take that long. I did ALL the recommended futzing posted so far (including some extra steps) and it took me maybe two hours (that includes stopping to photograph my progress and lunch).

For those still on the fence: First off, come on, this is Boba Fett.

I took the plunge last night, pretty good BIN on eBay, $160 shipped. Now, I just gotta sell some stuff to finance the purchase, but y'know. . . details, details.

What didn't you like about it?

Maybe I got a bad one, but one leg was longer than the other, the arms were very difficult to pose and the chest armor looked like total crap.

Sorry you feel that way. I love mine - that said, I have no doubt HT will release one someday that will blow all other attempts out the window. Of course, it'll cost $800, but who's complaining? Not me! (sigh on these crazy prices)

Thanks. :(

Maybe I got a bad one, but one leg was longer than the other, the arms were very difficult to pose and the chest armor looked like total crap.

My first Fett also had that one-long-leg issue. I just had to shove the knee fully into the socket to fix that. Had a stiff arm too. The armor... well, I had puncture marks so that's why I sent it back.

The replacement I got is much better.

Fett is my favorite ST character so this was a no brainer for me. I was happy with the paint apps, and the material used but it took a lot for this figure to be perfect. But once I did all the Mods, changed out the Wookie scalps, and changed the body out, its by far my favorite figure hands down.

The more I pose Boba Fett the more I like him. Out of the box he is a bit ruff. But once you set him up with a little fuzing he is an outstanding figure! Way to go Sideshow! :clap

nyed6b.jpg

2ue4emc.jpg

16az43d.jpg

Well.... so I futzed him up.... and...

he's fantastic! :clap

Fett1-1.jpg
Fett2.jpg
Fett8.jpg

Fett3.jpg
Fett4.jpg
Fett9.jpg

Fett5.jpg

Fett6.jpg

That looks amazing Wor-Gar! These shots prove that with just a little TLC, this figure is great. He looks so natural in these pics...like a man in a suit.

I also did the same with the wrist pegs and it makes a world of difference in the length of the arms. Don't get me wrong, even out of the box he's pretty good but, even if you choose not to mod the armor, just little tweaks like this go a long, long way. Easy things, like loosening his pants at the ankle a bit, raising his head a tad on the neck post, futzing (or water treating) the wookiee scalps, pulling his sleeves down under the gauntlets and pulling out the wrist pegs out a hair. If you don't want to go all the way on modding the chest armor, simply pulling it tighter at the back and re-velcroing helps a lot too.

I just pulled his head off and then, when I put it back on, didn't push it all the way down on the neck post.

Back