1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And so the returns process begins: gotta send pics to AE, AE sends pics to Sideshow for replacement if they approve of damage, then the wait for Sideshow to send a replacement part or figure out to AE, then the wait for AE to send me the replacement part or figure. Ugh! This could take 3 more weeks before I can play with my Fett.

You might want to ask if Sideshow can send you the replacement direct. You're in CA, right?? I needed a replacement from Viking Playground (in New York) a while back, and SS just shipped it to me, instead of shipping it to NY, then NY ships it to me. All I had to do was ask. :)

You might want to ask if Sideshow can send you the replacement direct. You're in CA, right?? I needed a replacement from Viking Playground (in New York) a while back, and SS just shipped it to me, instead of shipping it to NY, then NY ships it to me. All I had to do was ask. :)

Goo dpoint, and they did that for me also once before. And I did call this time and was told I had to go thru AE replacement procedure. Maybe if they have a limited supply, they make you go thru proper channels so there's no complaining when people post here. Or maybe, as with many things in life, it just depends on who you talk to.

Not sure I understand. So Sideshow didn't mail Boba in a brown shipper? Or the shipping box itself didn't have the product details on the side?

Have to say, I find the amount of conversation based on the shipping box or lack thereof perplexing (don't know why anyone would want the shipper, especially from a distributor... Doesn't even make sense that they would pass that on to the end consumer, IMO). I was really hoping that the conversation on that could be closed, but looks like I just lengthened it. :lol

Sideshow did mail Boba in brown shippers. But it also mailed Boba without them.

The simple answer is: sometimes the figures ship with the brown shipper box, and sometimes not. Not having the shipper does not discredit the place you got the figure from, because even purchasing directly from Sideshow does not guarantee you'll get a brown shipper.

I agree the whole shipper thing seems like a non-issue. :lol

It is a non issue. I'd prefer having the shipper if given the choice but it's not even close to a deal breaker. As far as the figure.. I was really on edge about just what to expect. But after having him in hand I'm content to just keep him as is. No mods what so ever will be done. He looks great! Could he be better? Sure. His jet pack could be remote control so I could fly him around the room! But I'm content. Vest and all ;)

It is a non issue. I'd prefer having the shipper if given the choice but it's not even close to a deal breaker. As far as the figure.. I was really on edge about just what to expect. But after having him in hand I'm content to just keep him as is. No mods what so ever will be done. He looks great! Could he be better? Sure. His jet pack could be remote control so I could fly him around the room! But I'm content. Vest and all ;)

what do you say??he has no working jet pack??:slap:horror
:rotfl:lol:wave

Or maybe, as with many things in life, it just depends on who you talk to.

True, true.

I'd read of people being able to transfer their NRD payment to new orders, so I figured I'd give it a shot, but SS shut me down. Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Here's a funny bit: I thought I found another error on mine -- seems mine has three leather pouches over the right hip bag and four leather pouches over the left hip bag. But then I checked screen shots and discovered one more thing I didn't know about Fett -- Sideshow got it right! Exactly correct, 3 pouches on one side, and four on the other. Now that's pretty good!

I hear everyone scrambling to check their ammo pouches... :lol

Sideshow did mail Boba in brown shippers. But it also mailed Boba without them.

The simple answer is: sometimes the figures ship with the brown shipper box, and sometimes not. Not having the shipper does not discredit the place you got the figure from, because even purchasing directly from Sideshow does not guarantee you'll get a brown shipper.

I agree the whole shipper thing seems like a non-issue. :lol

Ok, I know I asked this before, but all this talk of shipper boxes has me confused again. It did come in another box than the actual figure box right? Something like this:

photo-1.jpg

I know this is stupid, but everytime someone mentions not getting their's in a shipper box I envision SSC just shipping him in the actual figure's box, with the magnet flap, pictures, etc...but I know that's not true....right?

Yeah, I know, that's what i have gotten all my figures from SS in. What I mean is, they are at least shipping it in some sort of outer box right?

Yeah, I know, that's what i have gotten all my figures from SS in. What I mean is, they are at least shipping it in some sort of outer box right?

Yes every box from a reputable seller should have some sort of outer box. On the other hand if they just slapped postage onto the figure box I would never do business with them again because that would just be insane.

I don't see the big deal with a little work to make a great figure into an awesome figure. I know a lot of people have been saying that "I shouldn't have to do anything to a $175.00 figure" but I have yet to get a $300+ PF figure that hasn't needed some work out of the box to look right.

Absolutely spot on! It is a great figure, and it doesn't take much to make it awesome at all. I can't get enough of mine. Usually by this point in time, a figure would have already been put on display in my cabinet and only messed with from time to time. I still haven't been able to bring myself to put Boba "on display" with the rest of my figures yet:

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

Absolutely spot on! It is a great figure, and it doesn't take much to make it awesome at all. I can't get enough of mine. Usually by this point in time, a figure would have already been put on display in my cabinet and only messed with from time to time. I still haven't been able to bring myself to put Boba "on display" with the rest of my figures yet:

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

Great pictures Billy, I think this is the best SSC figure ever made, the boxy chest and the braids were an easy fix

Absolutely love this piece, I love the way it looked straight out of the box. First Sideshow piece i purchased.

Hey Barry,

Great pix! What Zuckuss is that? The cloth texturing looks great!

thanks mandible.........that's a completely reworked hasbro version..........totally repainted, padded dragon body-shortened, and the cloth added on all the hoses.

Back