1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1731.jpg

Probably the one and only pic so far that actually makes me like the figure. Worst case scenario, I'll let this guy be the placeholder in my collection until the ROTJ version and try to find a parted out helmet to just make my own SE version. I actually kind of like how he looks on the EX base as well, so I might keep that as well.

Maybe this was already mentioned, or maybe not since it's probably a terrible idea... Is it possible to remove the plastic sheet entirely, shave off the nubs, and just glue the armor to the vest?

I'm not sure if any fabric glue would work, as this is just a shot in the dark guess.

I considered that, but I think the vest material isn't trustworthy enough to glue onto. I picture the vest material shedding its 'skin' eventually.

I considered that, but I think the vest material isn't trustworthy enough to glue onto. I picture the vest material shedding its 'skin' eventually.

I figured that might be the case, based on some of the closeups of the vest.

But with how some of the simple mods seem to be working, I doubt I'd even attempt something so drastic.

I am not messing with the water..I will be heat gunning mine. Maybe start off with a blow dryer because that plastic seemed to be affected so easily.

CSC seemingly being one of the last places to start shipping this is a blessing in disguise for me. By the time he arrives, and I finally get off my ass to fix the chest, I'm hoping the solution will have already been decided.

That's something that concerned me from the first kitchen table shots.

I happened to see a 1996 12" Hasbro 'pinhead' Vader at a boot sale last Sunday. His suit was rotten and peeling. It would be sad to see Boba go the same way.

Looks like a man in a suit! :yess:

Is the one below without mods? Looks like the vest is naturally sucked in by the placement of the arms:

071a.jpg

I went a different route on the vest. I hacked the stupid plastic backing off. No water. Just a razor blade. Seriously, SideShow should've used a polyurethane for the armor. Especially the chest pieces.

I'll post up some kind of review later/tomorrow. There's ALOT to cheer for on this figure. Conversely, there's a few negatives, as well. I'm enjoying the figure very much.

Here's a fun one. Which one is SideShow, and which one is Medicom?

090.jpg

092-1.jpg

Same sculpt! The EE-3 is the same scale (not sculpt) as the Medicom version, as well. I had noticed in the prototype/production studio shots that his rifle looks a little small for his hands. No biggie.

Excellent poses and photagraphy skills Rubio! And Billy Ray, thank you for having the cojones to mod the vest and show us all an easy fix. My best friend, who I gave my ROTJ Medi Boba too for a B-day present because he is a Fett freak, was watching me browse this thread earlier and commented that the figure looks phenomenal, even better than the Medi, except for the chest piece. I told him that I considered sewing a new vest and attaching the armor pieces to make it more screen accurate and he laughed at me and said I just reached nerd-level 99. Sheesh, some people just don't understand this hobby:pfft:

Rubio, pics of the back of the vest please!

Honestly, you're probably better off using Billy Ray's method.

My method was this - remove vest, cut clear plastic off. That's it.

This allows for the chest armor to SLIGHTLY 'float', meaning the figure can contort his abs/chest a bit more. In addition, as I was screwing the backplate back on, I pulled the lower portion of the vest together as snug as possible, since the screws will push the vest together a bit more that way. Nothing scientific about it.

You will find that there's not much we can do to increase poseability in the chest area, as no matter which modification method you chose, you will continue to be hindered by the material of the armor pieces themselves. That's why I'm reluctant to pull the pieces off and just glue them back on. They are not pliable, in fact they're quite rigid.

Mine arrived, left for work and haven't got time to fix him up yet.

At first glance, the box vest does bug me. Besides that everything else look alright.

Have anyone discussed about colour, I thought colour scheme look rather light. Is that accurate?

Honestly, you're probably better off using Billy Ray's method.

My method was this - remove vest, cut clear plastic off. That's it.

This allows for the chest armor to SLIGHTLY 'float', meaning the figure can contort his abs/chest a bit more. In addition, as I was screwing the backplate back on, I pulled the lower portion of the vest together as snug as possible, since the screws will push the vest together a bit more that way. Nothing scientific about it.

You will find that there's not much we can do to increase poseability in the chest area, as no matter which modification method you chose, you will continue to be hindered by the material of the armor pieces themselves. That's why I'm reluctant to pull the pieces off and just glue them back on. They are not pliable, in fact they're quite rigid.

Did you remove the clear plastic backing altogether, or cut around the armor pegs?

I haven't attempted to fix the belly armor, but the plastic backing is already flexible and should not need heat to bend. It's the front part that needs heat to bend. I say leave the inside plastic unheated.

Front part? I was under the impression the plastic backing is what causes the boxy appearance and not the armor plates or cloth.

Back