1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is really a big slap in the face to Hot Toys, who is probably the only thing keeping Sideshow afloat these days!

First, is no one going to call them out for trying to FOOL PEOPLE into believing this belongs with the Hot Toys line? They are now presenting their figures with the exact same exact fonts/character logo that Hot Toys uses! What a bunch of BS!

Then, you're going to regurgitate an old Boba figure (while taking away accessories and upping the price) and release it right before Hot Toys releases their own Boba figure? Boy, they are really getting cheap and desperate nowadays!

I really hope that Sideshow goes out of business soon. Put the licenses they have into more deserving hands.

Well said...I feel exactly the same way

Wow.. Seriously came out of nowhere... I wanted this Boba, but not like this. The light up stand was a big draw for me.

But this was before HT announced their Boba. Nice try SS.. :lol

Can't see myself buying anything from them after the recent fiascos. (X Wing Luke, Jango, and the Maul kick in the nuts)

HT for life now.

I saw this on BBTS a few days ago, and was confused by it, but the posts here reinforce my own suspicions about this. A weird move by SSC. . .I really need to get off of my butt and sell my old one before the HT version comes out.

Maybe that's what they are doing. They have too many Fett parts and can put together another run from them alone.

Sideshow needs money as Hot Toys has effectively taken over the sixth scale Star Wars business. Troopers, which were their go to and something they did fairly well, are not viable for the future as Hot Toys is producing them for The Force Awakens. The clone trooper money printing machine has effectively run its course. They could sell more clones but they'd probably be lost in the VII hype and I don't know if Disney still has the merchandiser hold on prequel related merchandise.

So where will they get their money? They can only do so many astromech variants as even if droids are popular, sales will be a bit limited for anything beyond R2-D2 at the price they charge. (If they'd made them $80-100 a pop, they'd sell a lot more). Protocol droid variants are probably next.

Logically, their safest best is to pick characters that have traditionally sold well and bring them back, slightly retooled and repackaged. Boba Fett is consistently popular, and with minimal investment they'll make some profit.

I'm not against this if that means the money can be spent to produce new figures they should be doing like 4-LOM, Zuckuss, Dengar, and the Snowtrooper Commander, as well as the McQuarrie sixth scale figures.

If I were Sideshow, I would focus on bringing out Star Wars figures that fit a nice niche away from Hot Toys. OT background aliens, Rebel pilots (at a better price than Luke), Rebels characters like Hera, Sabine, Chopper, and both adult and young versions of Ahsoka. Maybe even revisit some clones in moderation via the Clone Wars by doing Gregor, Cody 2.0, more deluxe figures like the Shocktrooper, clone commandos, ARC troopers, etc.

But doing anything new costs money and this is really just the safe - if boring and a bit strange to us collectors - move on Sideshow's part. So I sort of get it. Like with them revisiting Darth Maul as that's a character that sells fairly well, even if the figure is a bit overpriced. At least that one is supposed to be an improvement over the original.

Last edited:
What's worrying/surprising about Sideshow strategy is that they haven't revealed anything past their TFA coming soon banner last summer.

Sideshow needs money as Hot Toys has effectively taken over the sixth scale Star Wars business. Troopers, which were their go to and something they did fairly well, are not viable for the future as Hot Toys is producing them for The Force Awakens. The clone trooper money printing machine has effectively run its course. They could sell more clones but they'd probably be lost in the VII hype and I don't know if Disney still has the merchandiser hold on prequel related merchandise.

So where will they get their money? They can only do so many astromech variants as even if droids are popular, sales will be a bit limited for anything beyond R2-D2 at the price they charge. (If they'd made them $80-100 a pop, they'd sell a lot more). Protocol droid variants are probably next.

Logically, their safest best is to pick characters that have traditionally sold well and bring them back, slightly retooled and repackaged. Boba Fett is consistently popular, and with minimal investment they'll make some profit.

I'm not against this if that means the money can be spent to produce new figures they should be doing like 4-LOM, Zuckuss, Dengar, and the Snowtrooper Commander, as well as the McQuarrie sixth scale figures.

If I were Sideshow, I would focus on bringing out Star Wars figures that fit a nice niche away from Hot Toys. OT background aliens, Rebel pilots (at a better price than Luke), Rebels characters like Hera, Sabine, Chopper, and both adult and young versions of Ahsoka. Maybe even revisit some clones in moderation via the Clone Wars by doing Gregor, Cody 2.0, more deluxe figures like the Shocktrooper, clone commandos, ARC troopers, etc.

But doing anything new costs money and this is really just the safe - if boring and a bit strange to us collectors - move on Sideshow's part. So I sort of get it. Like with them revisiting Darth Maul as that's a character that sells fairly well, even if the figure is a bit overpriced. At least that one is supposed to be an improvement over the original.

If Hot Toys taking over the 1/6th scale market leads to more statues like the Mythos and Concept Line, then I hope Sideshow never makes another 1/6th again. The Mythos statues I have have gotten more attention and impressions than any of my 1/6th scale figures (besides Vader 2.0)

I agree with MyenShi, Hot Toys is just going to dominate Star Wars 1/6, there's no way around it, but HT will never to b-level characters or background characters and aliens. If Sideshow wants to stay alive with 1/6 they would dive into this area, and it's characters they've been able to do well in the past. Get the price points back down to sane levels, do aliens and BG characters and I would be all over Sideshow figs again.

lol I want Nute as well, I also can't explain it. He's one of the few villains that lasted the entire prequel trilogy and is the main villain for ep1. Like it or lump it, the dude is important in those stories.

I'd prefer HT did Tarkin as well, but I don't see them doing it.

Back