1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda interested in owning a Boba Fett figure. The 1/6 one being sold at Sideshow has been out for a year now? Should I be waiting for an updated version down the road? I'm not in a hurry just want a good figure.

I missed the boat on this one, hope they bring out a V2 too!
ESB Boba has been the #1 selling Star Wars item on SSC's website pretty consistently since release. I'd think an ESB v2 would likely be 5+ years away. Might be a chance that they fix some of the issues with it on a possible ROTJ version (personally don't like ROTJ as much as ESB) but could be a straight re-paint, too.

ESB Boba has been the #1 selling Star Wars item on SSC's website pretty consistently since release. I'd think an ESB v2 would likely be 5+ years away. Might be a chance that they fix some of the issues with it on a possible ROTJ version (personally don't like ROTJ as much as ESB) but could be a straight re-paint, too.

If that's the case then why is it STILL in stock after a year and hasn't sold out yet? :nana:

Where is that information coming from?

If that's the case then why is it STILL in stock after a year and hasn't sold out yet? :nana:
Because after more than a year, it's still an open edition. Of the five other figures listed under "Most Popular Star Wars In-Stock Products" only Padawan Obi doesn't have an edition size. I'm guessing Boba will remain open for a long while yet and then they'll pull him maybe once the sales decline significantly. Can't see them putting an edition size when he's still #1, though (which isn't an endorsement, btw, I sold mine off at a pretty significant loss).

Where is that information coming from?
From any Star Wars item's product page.

Here. Ignore the first page about restitching the seams of the vest. Everyone uses either a hairdryer or boiling water to soften the stomach panel and then re-mold it so it's got more of a curve on either side (in tandem w/cutting the plastic anchor tabs down to as small as possible on the inside of the vest). Just don't overdo the heat as it will warp the plastic panels and can't be reversed.

I made a very little custom on my boba. I didn't like the ropes, so I removed them and put a laser rifle on his shoulder. I'm thinking about buying 1 or 2 lightsabers and put them on his belt, like mythos version.
What do you think? I think it looks cool.
VoJURmE.jpg

2CWCfUr.jpg

One suggestion is to replace the the stock "yarn" Wookie scalps with the Hasbro ones.

A simple change but nicely done. I always imagined the most notorious bounty hunter in the galaxy would have access to other weapons, as needed for the job at hand.

Pretty simple really.
Small drill bit of the same size of the hose. Carefully drill out the hole where it goes. Drop of super glue and insert the hole. Done! ;)

Yeah, the elbow joint looks way too skinny. Someone ought to do a TT body swap tutorial.

Back