1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the complete run down Rubio. :clap

From the pics, the only thing I have to disagree with is the helmet. I think its looked gorgeous in every single pic I've seen. As someone else more observent than myself pointed out, the T visor angle is off and maybe thats what is giving you the "off" look at some angles, but I'm fairly critical (I think) and tbh I would have never noticed this, its probably a detail that people who have built their own Fett costumes notice.

Anyways, thank you for the time you've spent taking pics and for providing this review. :hi5:

Keep in mind, the review is from a professed Medi fanboy who's already declared the Medi as superior in the Medi thread and insisted that, despite obvious differences, the Sideshow blaster pistol was a blatant recast of the Medi one. :lol

Wait, what? The first I've heard of this issue - why would SSC alter the colors like this? Strange, and I don't like it... :pfft:

Didn't you get the memo? Bossk's will be green and Dengar will be blue and Zuckuss will be yellow and 4-LOM's will be purple.

Keep in mind, the review is from a professed Medi fanboy who's already declared the Medi as superior in the Medi thread and insisted that, despite obvious differences, the Sideshow blaster pistol was a blatant recast of the Medi one. :lol

Straight up, man, that was rude, unnecessary, and above all, irrelevant. I'm a Fett fan first. I made no mention of any other Fett figure, and it was a fair and balanced review, taking only the SideShow version into account. People can write reviews fairly, whether they are fans of another version of something or not.

I love how you just pop up to make backhanded comments. Nobody else reacted like you, even those that I've disagreed with on other aspects of various figures, including this one. You know why? Because I was impartial in the review, period.

Straight up, man, that was rude, unnecessary, and above all, irrelevant. I'm a Fett fan first. I made no mention of any other Fett figure, and it was a fair and balanced review, taking only the SideShow version into account. People can write reviews fairly, whether they are fans of another version of something or not.

I love how you just pop up to make backhanded comments. Nobody else reacted like you, even those that I've disagreed with on other aspects of various figures, including this one. You know why? Because I was impartial in the review, period.

There are comments in your review that are entirely inaccurate and it's clear that you had not only a bias, but an agenda going in. I read your whole review and nothing I stated in my previous post was inaccurate with several "manufactured" issues. Case in point, you gouge the Sideshow on price but the Medi has a price tag of a measly $25 less, with considerably more glaring issues. Additionally your remark of "lack of forward movement" in the Pro is inaccurate. There's a sleeve over the shoulder that prevents the shirt from dipping into the joint and breaking the illusion of a 1/6 body. Both the sleeve and the arm rotate a full 360 degrees. But you'd probably know that if you'd taken the time to give it a fair review. And that still doesn't address your blatant BS assumption of Sideshow's blaster pistol being a recast. Those of us who've been here since the production pics hit already know you have an agenda. But those just popping in, might not. Just giving them a heads-up. :wink1:

There are comments in your review that are entirely inaccurate and it's clear that you had not only a bias, but an agenda going in. I read your whole review and nothing I stated in my previous post was inaccurate with several "manufactured" issues. Case in point, you gouge the Sideshow on price but the Medi has a price tag of a measly $25 less, with considerably more glaring issues. Additionally your remark of "lack of forward movement" in the Pro is inaccurate. There's a sleeve over the shoulder that prevents the shirt from dipping into the joint and breaking the illusion of a 1/6 body. Both the sleeve and the arm rotate a full 360 degrees. But you'd probably know that if you'd taken the time to give it a fair review. And that still doesn't address your blatant BS assumption of Sideshow's blaster pistol being a recast. Those of us who've been here since the production pics hit already know you have an agenda. But those just popping in, might not. Just giving them a heads-up. :wink1:

Oh, wow.

What's my agenda? I bought the figure. I have not recommended another figure. Do you think my review was trying to talk people out of buying it??????? Do you suppose it's working?????

Post a well thought-out, clear and concise review of your own, so that you can make sure to counter my hidden motives, and protect your fellow board members from my ulterior motives.

Boba's is orange and IG-88's is red.

012-2.jpg

I like that actually. But I imagine the rest will come in proper orange.

I'm guessing the IG-88 base with the 'red grill' and 'bottom switch' will be highly sought after in 20 years.

Pay it no mind Rubio, that was one of the best reviews so far.

Seems like it was just yesterday Nam was praising the Medi...Ah memories!:lol

Yeah, I know. I have no more to say to him on it.

And Jesus, I just took some new pics, and was pretty happy that I found that if you remove the gauntlets and pull the sleeve waaaaaay down, and then put the gauntlet back on, keeping the sleeve taut, it really helps the arms to look longer, giving better proportional dimensions.

Here they are:

007a.jpg

013a.jpg

004a.jpg

Minor detail, but important!

I like his paint job, especially around the helmet, and his
jetpack looks nice too

:peace

You take crazy pics Rubio. They really do look like someone in their approved fett gear getting pro photos taken.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Surprisingly human-like for someone who supposedly can't get realistic poses out of the body. :exactly:

Especially that 3rd pic. If it wasn't for the angle showing a hint of the joint on the right wrist, you could probably convince people this is a real pic of you dressed up.

I am completely in love with this figure yet I still respect Rubio's review. Even though I remember Rubio coming out of the gates as a die-hard Medi-Boba supporter when this figure was announced, I don't think that same level of bias remains for the Medi version now that the SS version is in-hand.. and I did not sense that same bias while reading his review.. Yes, it did seem like he was going into the review with a couple of points he wanted to address (while staying away from the main problems like the vest and scalps), but I still think there was much value to his review. Like any review, there were parts I disagreed with and other parts I praised. :clap

I just want to say to Rubio, I respect your review and I respect your level-headed'ness' while under fire for your comments. (just don't loose it)
:monkey3

Oh, wow.

What's my agenda? I bought the figure. I have not recommended another figure. Do you think my review was trying to talk people out of buying it??????? Do you suppose it's working?????

Post a well thought-out, clear and concise review of your own, so that you can make sure to counter my hidden motives, and protect your fellow board members from my ulterior motives.

Well after that review I'm not buying the figure........JOKING.

The figure even with your amazing pics RUBIO looks like bantha fodder.
It goes to show you how much more natural looking the medi looks.
One does not have to look far to see the obvious flaws with the figure.

NAM with your thought provoking retaliation against rubio, one might think you have an agenda of your own.:wink1:

dammnit Rubio, yer pictures and review sold me on this, just like your pictures of the IM Mk V, you are a master-futzer and photographer.

Keep up the fine work on your photos.

:wave

Figure looks great to me... I don't know which of Rubio's pictures you're looking at :cuckoo:

As far as the medi being much more "natural looking", just pose the two figures next to each other and then make your judgements.. nuff said.

...and don't go pulling an OS and post the same Medi ROTJ Fett pic next to an unfutzed/un-modded SS Fett... :slap

NAM with your thought provoking retaliation against rubio, one might think you have an agenda of your own.:wink1:

I'm pretty sure you're the one with an agenda twards Nam, hadn't you already stated you don't want this? Yet you keep coming back just to troll and draw Nam into an argument? You notice hes not in the thread of the figure hes not interested in? :lecture

Back