1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, my thoughts on the figure: the _____ing about the vest is warranted. This should have been perfect right out of the box. Futzing is one thing - having to re-sew, unscrew, boil, re-paint and replace things is another.

The top piece of armor is too long. The chest looks like it is caving in. I don't know what the point of boxing off the bottom of the vest was. That's all I have to say about that.

The braids are not as worrisome in person as they were in the photos I saw. They are not too short, although they may be too thick. Maybe I'll replace them with real hair taken off my wife as she sleeps (she actually DID provide me - knowingly - with a length of hair when I was building my Fett costume and I incorporated it into my braids. Some people think it's creepy. I think it's cool. She thinks I'm weird. Anyway...)

The paint is not much of an issue for me. It's only off by a slim shade.

I am VERY happy to see that the visor is a separate piece, glued in place! To be 100% accurate, it should be more of an extremely greenish tint, but again, that's doing some incredible nitpicking.

The tube coming out of his right gauntlet appears to be extremely fragile, as are the flamethrower nozzles on his left gauntlet. I switched the hands to put him in this position and I don't think I am going to be doing much more switching, ever. It was VERY hard to get those pegs into the wrists.

I was also pleased to see that they moved the switch on the light-up base onto the base's back. Having it under the base was blatantly stupid.

And there you have it. My professional review. Do with it what you will.

- MJ
Yeah agree with the hand swapping,I'm leaving him as he is now. I know my fiancé was watching me get angry with the hand swapping and obviously thinking I can't believe I'm marrying him next year :)

The weathering/paint scratches are a little softer than my proto, but they still look very good. I probably won't bother changing what they captured. I'm happy with it. The jetpack though needs to be weathered up a bit more again.

The green doesn't look as bright as some pics people have posted, but it's not quite as gray as the prototype was. I will probably adjust that. Oddly, the yellow on the pack and left shoulder ended up too muted, but it's an easy fix, too.

The costuming looks great.

The wookie scalps are pretty bad. I'll replace them with something, maybe the Medicom ones.

The vest issue: So the front armor is pegged down through the vest to a plastic sheet on the inside of the vest. I may trim or even remove that piece cause it isn't shaped well to fit his body. It's just kinda straight which is the whole problem. It was a great idea, but it wasn't well executed by the factory. That and the plates aren't pegged on in just the right way. The breast pieces should be closer to the center and lower to the belly piece.The belly armor can also use a bit of a bend. Thankfully Darklord Dave already took one for the team and I now know how not to approach that cause I would have grabbed the hairdryer.

Overall, I am very happy with Sideshow's 1/6 Fett. It's what I hoped for. Ex base for display all the way.

Hmmm... Interesting. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it, Nathan. :clap

I'm surprised that was minimal futzing, especially the vest part. Can't wait to see more modded versions to see Boba reach his full potential!

And thanks for your review, SS!

I like what Dave did to the vest and as far as the damaged plate goes, it wouldn't bother me. It looks like he was battle damaged a little and that's all. I do not sew so it is a bummer to me since that does seem to do the trick. I await what others try to do before I get mine.

Really surprised I haven't heard from CSC about Fett yet. I would love to see some pics of your modded vest, Dave! :pray:

Tell me about it! For some reason its been taking them longer to get their stuff from SS Im starting to think Ill go with SS from now on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Any chance any of you can ask SSC about the vest issue at SDCC? As much as I'd love to have a Jango Fett, I'd be sad if he also had the vest problem. Then again... they'd match... but I'm probably going to try and fix my Boba anyways.

Is the plastic sheet behind the vest one solid piece and is it glued directly to the vest? Would trimming it down and segmenting it to the size of each of the armor plates reduce the stiff boxy look?

That's not a bad idea, Natrix. It is one sheet, but it's a thin, clear, very flexible piece much like NECA clamshell packaging plastic. Your idea could work well. I'll probably do just that.

Ok. couple quick pics...fresh outta the box and pretty much unfutzed. All I did was unblouse his pant legs a bit...

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

First impressions, out of the box...I am pretty happy with him as is.

Yes, the chest is a little boxy, but not something I couldn't live with if I had to...just not as big an issue in hand to me. The vest itself is certainly not as "puffy" as it appeared in initial pics.

The Wookiee scalps aren't quite as bad as I had feared either. Still need to work with them a bit, probably water treat them, but they aren't really a huge issue (and this was probably my biggest issue judging from pics).

Colors are fine in hand! I pretty much captured them accurately in my pics...lots of light, no flash. Defintely not as dark green as he has appeared in some pics.

Everything else seems great! The detail on his blaster rifle is amazing. All the tools, blaster pistol, etc. are awesome.

I had no problems with changing the hands...must vary from figure to figure.

The thrusters on the jetpack are adjustable (thought that was cool).

The stand comes with batteries. You need to open the compartment to remove the plastic battery protector thingy though.

Anyway, just some initial thoughts. I'm off to spend some more quality time with him. I may or may not mod the armor...not sure. It really doesn't bother me at all to be honest. Haven't taken him apart yet to see what's going on there. I can feel the plastic plate under the vest, and it doesn't seem very flexible. That is really what is causing the boxy look, the vest itself is quite soft.

Really liking your pics, MicroJo and Billy Ray! So glad to know that with decent posing and minimal futzing he can look awesome. Although I still can't wait to get him in hand so that I can get a good look at the vest construction and do something with it.

IMG_0792.jpg

This photo put me back on the bandwagon of "liking the figure".

I am ordering it now as it is in stock... Great pictures!

Is the plastic sheet behind the vest one solid piece and is it glued directly to the vest? Would trimming it down and segmenting it to the size of each of the armor plates reduce the stiff boxy look?

That's not a bad idea, Natrix. It is one sheet, but it's a thin, clear, very flexible piece much like NECA clamshell packaging plastic. Your idea could work well. I'll probably do just that.

What about removing the plastic sheet entirely? What purpose does it serve besides mis-shaping the vest? Genuinely curious, I'm dying over here, wishing I could work on a solution myself :impatient:

looks great dave.

i guess this should be the first entry in the "fix your boba fett thread".......:lol

In all seriousness, this is a thread we do need (if it hasn't already been made). Once some real how-to's start getting posted, it'd be nice to have them separate from everything else in here.

Back