1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, just curious how you tried to heat the armor...hair dryer or water? I've always been leary of using a hair dryer or heat gun, but have never had issues with boiling water.

I used a heat gun thinking the stomach armor need to bend around the stomach area. But looking at screen shots the stomach armor should be flat.

Sketch of vest turned inside out. Black is the original stitching, red is the modification I made.
BFvest.jpg

I used a heat gun thinking the stomach armor need to bend around the stomach area. But looking at screen shots the stomach armor should be flat.

Sketch of vest turned inside out. Black is the original stitching, red is the modification I made.
BFvest.jpg

Great info. Thanks for sharing. I wonder, how much material would you say you gathered or took in on the vest?

Thanks, Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BFvest.jpg

Did you ruin the armor piece with the heat or is it fixable?

Nice fix, slimming that lower vest down a bit.

The new pics are looking great! And Dave, thanks for messing with the figures vest and sharing your results... glad to know this is fixable and what method is best :duff

I've gotta say I was afraid the Medicom really was the better option until I saw this pic. Overall the Medicom is very nice, but he's so thin in the mid-section it again looks a bit more like a teenager playing Fett than a man.

attachment.php

The new pics are looking great! And Dave, thanks for messing with the figures vest and sharing your results... glad to know this is fixable and what method is best :duff

I've gotta say I was afraid the Medicom really was the better option until I saw this pic. Overall the Medicom is very nice, but he's so thin in the mid-section it again looks a bit more like a teenager playing Fett than a man.

attachment.php

Oh wow, and that's the "taller" ROTJ Medi Fett? Yeah, Sideshow definitely beats that hands down.

Oh wow, and that's the "taller" ROTJ Medi Fett? Yeah, Sideshow definitely beats that hands down.

I have a Medicom ROTJ Fett that was modded by the previous owner and looks a lot more in scale with the SS figures. I think the main thing he did was lengthen the neck and head area which made the difference.

We are all going to be quite the little seamstress' after all this is said and done!

One more day....can't hardly wait!

Woo-hoo! I was supposed to be gettin ghim tomorrow but I just checked tracking on UPS...

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Monday, 07/09/2012, By End of Day

And he is "out for delivery" :yess:

Now if I can only get to him before my wife intercepts him and hides him...like she always does!

:rotfl

You're new here, right?

I'm still looking forward to seeing how much more this figure will shine after passing through some of the talented hands in here and getting pulled around and adjusted.

Anybody who has collected these figures for a while knows there is generally more than pulling the figure out of the box, plopping it on a stand and walking away before getting it to look the best it can look...

Nothing new about that....

Nothing new about a $100 increase in price in less than 2 years time?!! Not for nothing but if u are goin to increase the price like u are then ya! I expect to pull the figure out and have it be 99% perfection. I guess with this logic I should just invest in "some talented" hands to update my 12" Hasbro Fett?!! At lease they got the chest plate right!

Nothing new about a $100 increase in price in less than 2 years time?!! Not for nothing but if u are goin to increase the price like u are then ya! I expect to pull the figure out and have it be 99% perfection. I guess with this logic I should just invest in "some talented" hands to update my 12" Hasbro Fett?!! At lease they got the chest plate right!

denialism.jpg

:exactly::goodpost:

If you don't hold them to a higher standard then be prepared for higher priced, fixer-upper figures! What don't people understand. I'm not bashing, but when paying this price for a figure it shoud be as good if not better then the prototype. Would it be OK if you bought a new car and had to do repairs before you even got it home? I wouldn't. You know you've taken stuff back to the store that cost a lot less than this because it was not 100%, even if you could live with the defects. It's the principle involved. You can still have the figure and futz it till you get it to your liking but still be mad about having to do it.

I did the same thing with my Doctor Who toys (most of my star wars toys ended up being ruined in the freezer, buried in the back yard, or destroyed with various types of fireworks). I packed them away and left home. Came home a few years later to reclaim them and....

DW1.jpg

Big :monkey2

:yess: :rotfl

Love,

Ski

just thank the (private corporation) Federal Reserve for the dollar devaluation and loss of the buying power the dollar used to have ;)

just thank the (private corporation) Federal Reserve for the dollar devaluation and loss of the buying power the dollar used to have ;)

That's what you do when you have 15.8 Trillion + in debt, inflate your way out. Zimbabwe tried it and had a 100-trillion-dollar bill that was worth about $5 in buying power. Can you say 3.5 Quadrillion SS Boba Fett in Zimbabwe dollars. :horror

Last edited:
Just wondering how many others are still without a shipping confirmation? :thud: By the way I live in Cali.

Woo-hoo! I was supposed to be gettin ghim tomorrow but I just checked tracking on UPS...

And he is "out for delivery" :yess:

Now if I can only get to him before my wife intercepts him and hides him...like she always does!

And...he has been delivered :yess: Now begins the longest two hours of my life...

Really surprised I haven't heard from CSC about Fett yet. I would love to see some pics of your modded vest, Dave! :pray:

Back