1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this really isn't the place to post customs but I figured you guys here may appreciate it to see it. I've been planning on custom painting my STAP the colors of the C.I.S. since I got it 2 years ago but figured it would look even cooler with a custom C.I.S. battle droid and I am so glad I decided to do it. After I do some detailing to this droid, I'm going to seal it with sealer and start custom painting my STAP the C.I.S. colors. If sideshow EVER makes the damn super and destroyers, I might custom paint those too and make my own person squad of droids.

Excellent work, scarecrow!

...and congrats on the Commander, jangoclone and cools shots....

These battle droids are some of the most underrated figures Sideshow has ever done...the engineering is impressive and the resulting articulation is fantastic. So glad I snagged all of them when they were available....

Last edited:
I recently picked up the STAP set for a steal on eBay (Xmas gift for myself) and I have to say I am so surprised and love the Battle Droid. I want to go back and pick up a few more different ones.

Yea they are extremely impressive. I have 6 regular, 1 oom-9, my custom that came with my stap, and just got a set of geonosis droids for Christmas from my super awesome fiancee. I would totally love to buy more regular battle droids though. maybe like 6 more sets haha

Looking very good. Talk about bad timing for Sideshow with Disney acquisition of the licence. Otherwise, The Clone Wars could have run for another few seasons and helped them make a bit more profit on that mold with several variations.

Picked up the Commander set today for less than retail and free shipping. Pretty pumped to get it.

I wish there was an official picture of Mr. Bones from Star Wars: Aftermath. I would love to pick up an extra Battle Droid and customize him.

"Mister Bones was a highly modified B1 battle droid. Although maintaining the core structure of a B1, he was painted black and red with the bones of birds, fish, and other animals bound to his limbs and body. At least one of his limbs was equipped with a vibrating blade. Half of his head was removed and replaced with a telescoping red eye, and the nose was sharpened to a fine point to resemble a bird of prey"

Just got my TPM display done up. :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 262
Thanks Outlander!

The folded Droid is to show off the design brilliance of SSC. :lol
I am still impress with how they could reproduce functionality on a physical item that was digitally created on screen.

Hello guys, I have some infantry, security, oom-9 commander, and geobosis battle droids for sale. Of anyone is interested

alright guys, figured I'd show a picture with the stap and base painted. the stap is almost done. needs a few touch ups here and there and I may or may not paint the cis logo on the both turbines. the droid also needs some minor touch ups but then they to be weathered and then sealed :yess:

also just got an exclusive version of the battle droids so now i have 8 total infantry droids. plan on going up to 12. maybe more in the future.

So.... After owning the Sideshow Infantry Battle Droids 2 pack exclusive version (1st ones released) since it's original shipping that I pre-ordered, and opening them for display the 1st time today, one of the figures is missing the little shoulder pad... :mad: .... I usually open them to inspect them, but since I never removed them from the package I never noticed it was missing. Not gonna bother e-mailing Sideshow, as I'm sure it wouldn't do any good. I don't suppose anyone has an extra laying around from maybe a damaged or custom figure?? ... :pray: .... Anyone? :(

Thanks to anyone in advance that could help me out..... :)

I never bought these figures when they were released but have slowly put together a little army. I love these guys. Just picked up the security droid set.

I will be hunting for the Geon​osis Infa​ntry Batt​le but really hope that Sideshow re-visits these guys and gets us at least a polite version.

So.... After owning the Sideshow Infantry Battle Droids 2 pack exclusive version (1st ones released) since it's original shipping that I pre-ordered, and opening them for display the 1st time today, one of the figures is missing the little shoulder pad... :mad: .... I usually open them to inspect them, but since I never removed them from the package I never noticed it was missing. Not gonna bother e-mailing Sideshow, as I'm sure it wouldn't do any good. I don't suppose anyone has an extra laying around from maybe a damaged or custom figure?? ... :pray: .... Anyone? :(

Thanks to anyone in advance that could help me out..... :)

Try toy anxiety. ..If they don't have it, perhaps they know a good resource . Good luck!

Back