1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Security Battle Droids Set

I think we should leave the separate thread as this is its own separate product, FYI...

And yeah, what's up with the BBD looking stance there?? That droid is Poison.....

So when are these break dancing droids getting released, there is a dance battle coming up!

I noticed the stance too and figured it was part of the joke of them being so goofy! :lol Boy that Lucas sure has a delightful sense of humor, doesn't he?

Anyway, no real interest in these guys although they do look good. But it means that we're one step closer to the Hoth figures! :banana

Its funny but I do remember that period leading up to the release of TPM as a really fun and magical time. All the images from the trailers are still burned into my head as assumedly "cool" things I was about to see in the movie, battle droids included.

Obviously Darth Maul delivered but even things like the Security Droids and BD on STAP I can compartmentalize as being awesome elements of November 1998 to May 1999.

I think the droids lend themselves particularly good for goofy poses like this. Excruciatingly annoying characters in the movies but really pretty cool as 1/6 figures.

The first thing I did when I got mine was a sliding-on-knees-two-gun-pose a la Boondock Saints and a couple of other movies.

I'm definitely interested in a few of the repaints/variations-blue pilot droids and red genosians come to mind. The engineering on these are a hundred times more sophisticated than the earlier Hasbro 12 inch. I'm really hoping and have been waiting patiently for Sideshow to tackle the Destroyer Droid. It was prominent in all 3 Prequels and the Clone Wars series. And yes, I would take a Super Battle Droid or two...

I'm definitely interested in a few of the repaints/variations-blue pilot droids and red genosians come to mind. The engineering on these are a hundred times more sophisticated than the earlier Hasbro 12 inch. I'm really hoping and have been waiting patiently for Sideshow to tackle the Destroyer Droid. It was prominent in all 3 Prequels and the Clone Wars series. And yes, I would take a Super Battle Droid or two...

Me too, but what I really want are droidekas. :pray:

Thats what I meant. Destroyer Droids + Droidekas = same thing...and your right, it would be SICK!!!

Yeah Destroyer Droids are the same as Droidekas but the Super Battle Droids are these ones:
B2-Super-Battle-Droid.jpeg

:wink1:

Yeah...I have a couple older Hasbro ones but they are very static in posability and could use a repaint. I'd like to see Sideshow revisit these.

Yeah...I have a couple older Hasbro ones but they are very static in posability and could use a repaint. I'd like to see Sideshow revisit these.

Agreed and sorry I missed that you mentioned the droidekas, my bad. :lol

I like the design of the Super Battle Droids. They have this zombie robot/Frankenstein ascetic to them...like their heads were lobbed off or something.

Droidekas, on the other hand...pure bad-*** without a doubt! The way they unfold into some kind of pissed off camel spider with guns!!!

FYI: You could put that all in one post. :wink1:

It's a neat set, but personally only PT droids I'll get now that I've got Grievous on order are his IG bodyguards. Would love to see them made. That said, this design is pretty cool and surprisingly articulated and posable, given how slight they are.

Sorry about that...you must be the "hall monitor". THX for letting me off with just a warning. Wouldn't want to get banned because I actually LIKE something on these boards :pfft:

I wouldn't take it personally. It's just good posting ettiquette and especially with your signature, it's kind of annoying to see multlple, consecutive posts. *shrugs*

Back