1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have yet to open my set and honestly I'm starting to question how far I want to jump into PT figures. Once I display these there might be no going back and SSC and HT are making such awesome OT figures.

So many things coming I'm almost getting to the point where I feel like throwing up my hands, just sticking with Bespin Luke and Boba Fett and calling it a day. Its almost as if every cool, sort of cool, or lame thing is getting an awesome high end figure made of it these days.

Its getting to be too much work deciding what to buy and not to buy. And no, "buy everything!" is absolutely not for me.

I still have yet to open my set and honestly I'm starting to question how far I want to jump into PT figures. Once I display these there might be no going back and SSC and HT are making such awesome OT figures.

So many things coming I'm almost getting to the point where I feel like throwing up my hands, just sticking with Bespin Luke and Boba Fett and calling it a day. Its almost as if every cool, sort of cool, or lame thing is getting an awesome high end figure made of it these days.

Its getting to be too much work deciding what to buy and not to buy. And no, "buy everything!" is absolutely not for me.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

Watch this

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-HEDQFk6oA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-HEDQFk6oA[/ame]

The droids and Grievous brought me back into the PT figures. I actually had all of my PT figures (except for Maul, Qui Gon, Anakin and Kenobi) listed for sale when they were announced. After deciding they were a must have I removed the listing and began buying even more PT figures; up to 15 now :lol

89 Batman AND Battle Droids......lucky you!

It's been a good day in the house of rory!

:yess:

I got all the joint loosened out nicely, with no breakages.. so far..

Tell me though, apart from a slight swivel, their heads don't turn left/right do they?

It's been a good day in the house of rory!

:yess:

I got all the joint loosened out nicely, with no breakages.. so far..

Tell me though, apart from a slight swivel, their heads don't turn left/right do they?

I don't own them (yet) but I believe they do. If I recall correctly, if the neck extension is up all the way they can turn left or right. Someone with these confirm?

They are supposed to, but on one of mine the joint is a bit funky and I can only get a tilt; whereas the other turns easily from side-to-side.

Essentially on the one the turns freely the head can look/tilt up a bit further than the other; that allows the back part of the head to clear the neck when turning.

Yeah mine doesn't seem to want to do that, I will check the 2nd one later. Those two little dread things at the back of the head block it. I don't really care though, once you get all the joints going on these guys they are brilliant fun. Amazing articulation on a difficult subject, well done SS!

Yeah mine doesn't seem to want to do that, I will check the 2nd one later. Those two little dread things at the back of the head block it. I don't really care though, once you get all the joints going on these guys they are brilliant fun. Amazing articulation on a difficult subject, well done SS!

That is the same problem one of mine had... I really couldn't see exactly what was keeping the head from tilting up all the way. Even when comparing the two I couldn't see a major difference in the angle/placement of the joint :huh

They are supposed to, but on one of mine the joint is a bit funky and I can only get a tilt; whereas the other turns easily from side-to-side.

That's how mine was so I tried to CAREFULLY swivel the head that wouldn't, and it broke off. :(

I was able to turn the heads with no problem. I just made sure to tilt the head back so the stem that goes into the head's ball joint was straight with the neck the first time I tried it. Also, I pulled the ear things off to make tilting the head back a little easier.

I think having the heads turn give them more character. See my pics for proof. :lecture

So are the ear things not glued into place? If that's the case I could see being able to get the head repositioned on the figure I'm having trouble with.

Back