1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best thing about this announcement to me was the realization that I could "fully extend" the legs...I've had the original since release and it always bugged me he had stumpy-uneven legs. :slap

After pulling him off the shelf, I found a second discovery: The BlasTech E-11 blaster has an extendable stock. :stooge

Cool they are re-releasing him but they should have released the missing 3 before re-releases...I mean how many years have we been waiting for Dengar, 4-LOM & Zuckuss?

That's really messed up. Announce $199.99, then list it for $215. :slap .... But that's ok, we buy whatever they give us anyway. They'll just give us free shipping instead. So basically still paying about the same since shipping is around $18-$20 anyway. And double rewards covers the rest and a few extra. I can't believe no holster though. That's just dumb. I guess that would have thrown off they're profit and plan for a $199 price point.... Oh wait... The original looked cool with whichever blaster you put on his back since both fit. And only 2000 this time down from original run of 3250 (2500 + 750 Ex with axe), until they release it again for a 3rd time, and then they'll be no lights for $250 with a run of 1500. :)

What happened to $199? I guess that was the IG re-release that went up for PO "on May 26th, 2016" (as the page showed until a few days ago):lol

So it's the same figure with the same paint apps but $40 more than the first release, has an NRD, and is missing the light-up stand (that routinely sells for $50-100 on eBay) and also the strap holster for the smaller blaster.

And it ships a YEAR from now? Why? It's a straight re-release.

And why on earth would you go to the trouble to resculpt something as minor/not visible as the three little round things on the back of the figure? And yet leave the headsculpt just as inaccurate as v.1? Isn't that like doing a v.2 SSC Fett and yet only change the Kermit green to slightly-off-Kermit green?

The best thing about this announcement to me was the realization that I could "fully extend" the legs...I've had the original since release and it always bugged me he had stumpy-uneven legs. :slap

FYI, the "stumpy legs" look is in fact the way he looks onscreen (for better or for worse.):lol

Yeah the release date being so far off is kinda ridiculous when it's a reissue with little changed and most things changed are just things taken away from the original.

If there is no light-up base and no axe.. the original release figure values may not take a big secondary market hit.. some collectors may still wish to have those items and will pay for them.

Imho, if Sideshow (or Hot Toys etc) are re-releasing a figure, this is what collectors may prefer. If you missed the boat and just want the figure great.. but if you want the extra goodies, then the v1 retains its value.. everyone is happy.
:rock

If there is no light-up base and no axe.. the original release figure values may not take a big secondary market hit.. some collectors may still wish to have those items and will pay for them.

Imho, if Sideshow (or Hot Toys etc) are re-releasing a figure, this is what collectors may prefer. If you missed the boat and just want the figure great.. but if you want the extra goodies, then the v1 retains its value.. everyone is happy.

Yeah I guess technically people who bought the first figure as EX for $175 got:

Figure now worth $215 (only update to fig is "different not improved" grenades on back of figure)
Light-up stand worth $50-100
EX Blade accessory worth $35-50
Holster worth (maybe) $15-20?
The same figure 5 years earlier - precious :)lol)

An EX v.1 release is technically worth roughly $350.

Ah, he is available only on SSC so no IG (and 4-LOM) for me in the EU. Well, another saved money.

Ordered him. With double rewards and free shipping I figure it's a decent deal, considering 1/6 scale figures nowadays. Plus, I really like this character's design, and I need a little more diversity in my collection (I only have Imperials and Boba Fett, I'd like some droids/aliens).

PO'D. I bought this figure on the first run a few years back. I had to part with it. I always regretted selling IG-88. Pretty happy about this re-release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

deadpool%20movie_zpsmacwt5my.jpg

And the blog still says...

But, hey, it's

Until the next release of 2000 that comes without stand, guns or bandolier.

The fabric bandolier is the same as the original one, except for missing the vibro axe holder; the newly sculpted grenades will be hidden on his back; the new paintwork seems to be a bit of extra rust.

The holder/holster is mostly for the E-11 blaster (which makes it a strange exclusion, because v.2 still comes with the E-11) but it did also have a couple of added loops that the EX blade slid into.

if you're talking about the holster, that is made for the E-11 blaster. The holster has two small "eye lets" for the Axe.
But I plan on making my own Axe, looks like a simple design.

MIND BLOWN. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! hahahah ALL THIS TIME. Screw that axe. Gonna stick a spare E-11 in it. Thanks dude! Could've sworn the axe went in there.

I had the original EX release. I sold it because I didn't think they'd ever get around to the other bounty hunters and I couldn't find a place for it.

I also didn't like the more copper color they went with the original release. I also didn't like the light up stand and didn't use it because it was too bulky and a little obtrusive. Plus it was annoying that Bossk didn't come with one.

So I actually don't mind that this new version leaves the base out and gives us a new paint job because it could've cost a lot more. I'll be purchasing this one along with the Bossk reissue/update, 4-LOM, and hopefully Zuckuss and Dengar in 2019 and 2026 respectively.

I have issues with Sideshow like everyone else but paint on non human releases is typically not one of them so I'm sure that'll be a vast improvement over the initial release (please don't prove me wrong).

Back