1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The section between the "eyes" and O "mouth" is missing.

Funny that cheapo Hasbro's is more accurate than a figure made 10 years later for $175.

Still, light up feature and that Ex blade has me by the balls.

The section between the "eyes" and O "mouth" is missing.

Funny that cheapo Hasbro's is more accurate than a figure made 10 years later for $175.

Still, light up feature and that Ex blade has me by the balls.

Good call, you guys! That section is def missing - maybe because this is a prototype? It's not a "deal-breaker" by any stretch, this is simply too awesome a figure, but now that I'm aware of this glitch, I hope SSC catches it before production. If not, though, I won't lose any sleep over it. :)

SO glad I snagged the exclusive on this guy. Having this in-hand and seeing the engineering they clearly put into it is going to be amazing.

This is going to be a really unique SSC figure too - it's a rare figure that they create from scratch.

One thing that is still a bit confusing about this fig - has anyone come up with a reason why the head is so different from the ESB character? It is so radically different, it's obviously intentional:

Picture72.png

This is Hasbro 12" fig, movie prop, and SSC (c/u still from video)

It must be based on some other version of IG - CW? EU? Can anyone identify it?

One_of_Bane's_IG-86.jpg

It looks like the missing cylinder under the "eyes" is inspired by the CW design of the IG-86 robots. I agree that for "IG-88" they at least make an ESB accurate dome for such a unique character.

i dig the fig and have it preoreded, but would love to see the head tweaked to reflect the movie version.

The head being wrong is one of the reasons why I didn't pre-order. I repainted my Hasbro figure and created a real leather bandoleer and I couldn't be happier.

The head being wrong is one of the reasons why I didn't pre-order. I repainted my Hasbro figure and created a real leather bandoleer and I couldn't be happier.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

I'm with you. I love the EU figures but when it comes to a figure like IG-88 where there are 2 versions (EU and OT) I want the OT one first and maybe only. In thiis case I would only buy an OT IG-88. I also have the hasbro IG-88 and will probably mod it to be more accurate as you have.

after seeing the comparison photo, it doesn't really even represent the EU IG-88 accurately either....

There's absolutely no reason why this 31 year old plastic Kenner toy should have a more accurate head than the state of the art Sideshow version. None at all.

Kenner-IG-88.jpg

Oh for the love of God, is there something really really wrong with this? Something so wrong you all are cancelling your orders? I get it that some are a__l retentive or OCD. But damn, to most, this is not going to be confused for C3PO. ;)

Or a drink dispenser.

MScantina_Luke.jpg

I don't really care about the head details being off. It's the same character to me. What really bothers me is knowing that IG-88's head was not a cool deliberate design, but a quick re-use of parts from the cantina bar. That just took all the magic out of that character for me.

Still keeping my order though. I've lived with the magic longer than the let down. I'll adjust back.

I'll just pretend that the cantina is so hardcore that they dismantled some 88's for parts for the bar. Yeah, I like that.

I don't really care about the head details being off. It's the same character to me. What really bothers me is knowing that IG-88's head was not a cool deliberate design, but a quick re-use of parts from the cantina bar. That just took all the magic out of that character for me.

Still keeping my order though. I've lived with the magic longer than the let down. I'll adjust back.

I'll just pretend that the cantina is so hardcore that they dismantled some 88's for parts for the bar. Yeah, I like that.

and given the bartender's hate of droids (that now has some kind of clone war era tie in i bet) it makes a cool kind of sense they'd have those heads as drink dispensers as trophies maybe. Although that still leaves Blake's 7 to be explained https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jv-vx0HDjF0/SvrGBjIo0aI/AAAAAAAAEWU/44mMHdW2BVE/s1600-h/PDVD_420.jpg :lol

Back