1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys :duff

Although they look good I'm not a huge fan of the piston arms, they don't seem to hold a pose too well. And on my right double arm, the top one is very loose, just a slight touch and it falls off. Luckily, it's stayed in position now.

Some great repaint works out there. i won't even have my Grievous before a month or two and i already know i'll want to customize it :monkey2

That looks EXCELLENT! Amazing what a little attention to detail does.

So EF, what happen to yours? One pic only? What do you think about it?

After opening the beautiful packaging and taking him out, I glanced at the new Vader and was thinking $250? But after messing with him, he is worth it being detailed and intricate one off figure. And looks good on the shelf.

Yeah Evil, where da pics?

Fine fine fine. Here are some pics.

general_grievous_03.jpg

general_grievous_04.jpg

general_grievous_05.jpg

general_grievous_06.jpg

general_grievous_07.jpg

general_grievous_08.jpg

Mister J isn't happy.

After opening the beautiful packaging and taking him out, I glanced at the new Vader and was thinking $250? But after messing with him, he is worth it being detailed and intricate one off figure. And looks good on the shelf.

Fine fine fine. Here are some pics.

general_grievous_08.jpg

Mister J isn't happy.
Excellent pics! :rock Great fun and a couple of very cool poses in there as well. The last one made me contemplate how useful it would be to have 4 arms whilst holding a hottie in spandex. What to do with those 2 extra arms. :lol

Awesome looking figure. Just curious though, are his chest plates meant to be that far apart? Or did they go for the look when Obi Wan pried them apart? Thought the plates were there to protect his organs?

I thought the same thing - they look a little too wide, unless they went for look after Kenobi bent them further apart. That figure as a whole looks great!

Sorry, I meant the red/brown comes off easier than the pink (which I think is a transfer of some kind). It doesn't really matter though, it's a pretty straightforward repaint anyway. And painting the inside of the eyes is pretty easy. PM me if you want to know what I did. I'm only sculpting it because of the lack of texture. Just did this, I think it will look good painted and varnished..

Looks pretty good

The sculpting makes it look better, but the eyes overall are big for the size of the mask holes. Its more comparative to the CW Greivous than the cinematic Greivous.

It may just be the closeup, it wasn't that noticable in any other pics I've seen.
Grievous.jpg

Last edited:
That pic above has Grievous squinting a bit I believe. And Rory's pic above that has the upper part of the "eye" unpainted. In hand it looks pretty good. But its a very neutral eye -- whereas Grievous tended to squint a lot in the movie.

More importantly, I wish the design allowed for more light to get to the back of the eyes. They look great when backlit, but the engineers left not too much room for light to actually get in there.

I tried adding a piece of tin foil to see if I could get more bounce but it didn't do too much.

Rory, I really like what you did with the sculpting portion of the eyes. I've been unable to get my eyes to separate from the mask. Too afraid to break or snap it now. Any other trick you can recommend? Mine is just glued harder on I think.

I did manage to repaint the fleshy parts of the eyes anyhow as well as tried the back-side painting on the eyes as well. Light's gone now and I'm not 100% sure I'm happy with the results. Have to see in the morning. But I'm leaning strong toward going the textured skin route you've done -- just too smooth as it is, and now that you've shown what is possible I just can't get that out of my head.

Last edited:

What a great shot/pose...simple, yet shows the figure off great....may have to "borrow" that for the eventual ""shelf" display...

I don't repose figures that much - but there's so much going on Grievous.

Definitely a lot of fun.
View attachment 95367

I love it Dave....that pic is a preview of my desk at work this week....both of those figures (Wolverine & Grievous) arriving at once! Can't wait!

Wow Rory....night and day. If I though I could pull that off, I would....it looks outstanding.

That pic above has Grievous squinting a bit I believe. And Rory's pic above that has the upper part of the "eye" unpainted. In hand it looks pretty good. But its a very neutral eye -- whereas Grievous tended to squint a lot in the movie.

That could be it, it could also be the angle of the pics, the eyes just looked very big width wise as well. Not taking anything away from Rory's excellent mod, just was a random side thought.

Looking brilliant unfortunately I'm not in the position to get him at the moment but will aim to when I can, looks like sideshow nailed it

Back