1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Rory, If only you did the paint job for the eyes on this figure, I'd be getting what I see on screen. GREAT job!

Thanks guys. I doubt very much I would even attempt to do these in bulk. The eye part (sculpt/paint) was ok to do, but the idea of having to wedge the eye panel off someone else's mask/head would be too nerve wracking. :lol

I'm in total awe of your work here, Rory.

I did manage to finally get the eye piece off the back of the mask -- but can't get the gold eyes out (can see the plastic stressing so I gave up).

Tried my hand at sculpting sacks under the eyes -- can't tell you guys how tiny this work is, had to rig a magnifying glass to help me. Finished my haphazard work and he looks infinitely better than the standard Sideshow starry-pink *KISS* eyes.

I'm holding off on posting pics until some other mods come along, I don't want to impede on Rory's insane work being seen right now. Hat's off to you, brother. :bow

Thanks guys. I doubt very much I would even attempt to do these in bulk. The eye part (sculpt/paint) was ok to do, but the idea of having to wedge the eye panel off someone else's mask/head would be too nerve wracking. :lol

Its very cool that you did take the time to diagram out your method and explain it. Great little mod, but even better that you share your methods with everyone.

Its very cool that you did take the time to diagram out your method and explain it. Great little mod, but even better that you share your methods with everyone.

Thanks for saying Niltusk, very nice of you. I would post an actual sculpting/painting step by step, but I was worried that it could lead to some potential disasters, blame and 50 PMs!

I'm in total awe of your work here, Rory.

I did manage to finally get the eye piece off the back of the mask -- but can't get the gold eyes out (can see the plastic stressing so I gave up).

Tried my hand at sculpting sacks under the eyes -- can't tell you guys how tiny this work is, had to rig a magnifying glass to help me. Finished my haphazard work and he looks infinitely better than the standard Sideshow starry-pink *KISS* eyes.

I'm holding off on posting pics until some other mods come along, I don't want to impede on Rory's insane work being seen right now. Hat's off to you, brother. :bow

Cheers Wor-Gar, love to see it man. By the way if the plastic eye piece is stressing, I would still go for it, I doubt the little eyeball sections would be damaged even if it came off in two pieces? But sounds like you got where you wanted to without getting them off anyway. Good thing about doing this mod, is that you can pretty easily start over.

And congrats to everyone getting theirs soon, it's a great figure out of the (beautiful) box. :rock

Last edited:
Thanks for saying Niltusk, very nice of you. I would post an actual sculpting/painting step by step, but I was worried that it could lead to some potential disasters, blame and 50 PMs!

Don't think anyone could hold you responsible,after all its at their own risk, you didn't force them to do the mod you simply advised.

I know i for one would like to see some painting tuts sometime.

Also mine is out for delivery today at my work address,and I'm at bloody home on a day off lol. Luckily I work with my dad who is bringing it to my place on his way past tonight.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Cheers Wor-Gar, love to see it man. By the way if the plastic eye piece is stressing, I would still go for it, I doubt the little eyeball sections would be damaged even if it came off in two pieces?

Thanks, man. My work can't hold a candle to yours but I'll post it a little later to see what you think. You set the bar really, really high.

The stress is coming on the little bar between the two eyes -- one side lifted up no problem but the other is glued down hard inside the socket. I'm afraid the bar will snap and the eye will remain in place. I worked around it so no big deal. I haven't tried the EX head yet, maybe I'll have better luck with that one.

For those who may not want to go all-out with the sculpting but who want to repaint the fleshy part of the eyes to rid themselves of that pink KISS star-paint, I did that first before I copied Rory with sculpting, so maybe I'll post pictures of that too to give people an idea of how that looks without going full-rework.

Back