1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if I'm mis-remembering, but I thought they mentioned it in the video that it was a translucent plastic, along with the eyes. Anyone want to check the video again? I'm at work so I can't right now...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owpq1Oyy-_0[/ame]

- Textured cape
- Bicep pistons on the combined arms
- Magnetic hands for sabers and gun (great improvement from the Hasbro one)
- Sculpted guts inside translucent sac
- Slight splitting ability

Why did I have to see that video.. :monkey2

Indifferent -> Pre-ordered :thud:

:lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owpq1Oyy-_0

- Textured cape
- Bicep pistons on the combined arms
- Magnetic hands for sabers and gun (great improvement from the Hasbro one)
- Sculpted guts inside translucent sac
- Slight splitting ability

I know, right? They should always post a video like that on their product page. I think a lot of us have been convinced to get Grievous because of this very video.

And that solved the mystery about the guts...

Yes, I suspect this will be true of many of us. Certainly was the case with me. Totally agree with those that are saying Sideshow should incorporate videoes like this on their product pages. Pretty sure I might not have been moved to buy but for this vid.

Thanks for the confirmation about the sculpted guts. Surprised how much I'm looking forward to this figure.

I like the magnets in the hands (to hold the lightsabers)... That'll be the best feature.

To those who saw this in person, does it look like a lego bionicle,
or does it look like it's worth the Hot Toys level price?

I like the R&D that went into this fig and all, but I just can't seem to shake off
the bionicle feel in the video. :lol

It looks really good, but I must say, the hot chix vid has me concerned with the integrity of the figure. It looked to handle inthe video more like a toy, which is bothersome to me. Will have to see how it feels in hand, but it looked to handle kinda cheaply in the video.
In person it looked great, but you could tell they'd made some, what I call, hasbroesqu compromises so he didn't have the more robotic skeletal look to him as the hot glued prototype did a few years back.

The prototype of 2 years ago was an unarticulated statue, so I'm sure the compromises were necessary so the thing didn't break at every turn. Interesting that the video was a negative for you guys.

It looks really good, but I must say, the hot chix vid has me concerned with the integrity of the figure. It looked to handle inthe video more like a toy, which is bothersome to me. Will have to see how it feels in hand, but it looked to handle kinda cheaply in the video.
In person it looked great, but you could tell they'd made some, what I call, hasbroesqu compromises so he didn't have the more robotic skeletal look to him as the hot glued prototype did a few years back.

Thanks for the feedback! :hi5:
Yeah I have to agree with the hasbroesque joints.

The prototype of 2 years ago was an unarticulated statue, so I'm sure the compromises were necessary so the thing didn't break at every turn. Interesting that the video was a negative for you guys.

The video made me care about this fig, just that new concerns are arising. :lol

Back