1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really cant wait for this! I just wish the final product will get a more polished version ...

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Star_Wars_Wed-038.jpg

The prototype of 2 years ago was an unarticulated statue, so I'm sure the compromises were necessary so the thing didn't break at every turn. Interesting that the video was a negative for you guys.

I dunno, I wouldn't call it a negative per se, just a concern. I knew when they showed the prototype that it looked like they'd have to go back to the drawing board on it. I ordered it for sure, but like the Eweb, I'm concerned I'll spend that cash and get something that doesn't quite feel like an adult collectible. Seems like he needs something else more weighty about him. I know diecast is sometimes a dirty word around here, but in this case he's so top heavy, design alone, he needs something going in his legs to make him stand better. Again, to give it more integrity. They've done a fine job, but still a little ways to go. Only thing I found to be a negative was that it seems like you can't get him to stand without support or his stand, which is cool in and of itself. But I'd rather only need it for super dynamic freaky poses versus having it to just stand him up to take a pic. But, I'm one of those guys that will pay whatever it takes to get the most advanced rendition possible. :dunno

Dat joint! :horror
:lol

Well, at least there's a cool magnet in the hands! Thought that was a nice choice by SS, plus metal light sabers to boot!

Ordered and paid for from mother's basement UK, used some points and got it for £182 shipped to Sweden. :yess:

Really cant wait for this! I just wish the final product will get a more polished version ...

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Star_Wars_Wed-038.jpg

I hope they fix the lightsabers... :monkey4

The rawness of the finishing/seams bothers me more than the joints lol ...or maybe it just looked like that cause the picture was taken super close

I can't understand the issue. It's a 1/6 figure with lot of details and accessoires. Well $250 may look a little expensive but it's not "very" expensive for the market. Sideshow has changed his 12'' Star Wars figures quality a lot. Now they are looks like Hot Toys. Not same but not worst though.

By the way, it's not a toy. It's a collectible figure for adults. You'll not play with it. You'll get itn, pose it and let it display. So this articulation points or very very very close bad details won't be any problem. There's not a 1/6 Grievous figure for 1/6 Star Wars figure collector and we're waiting it untill SDCC 2011. So in my humble opinion it looks really cool and the price isn't to much expensive for such a figure.

250 $ for this ???!!! Madness.

You are looking at a picture which is very VERY much larger than it should be seen. No wonder you can see every single imperfection on it. When this gets into people's hands they will flip at the overall greatness of it.

This happens every time with enlargements of any 1:6 piece from head sculpts to accessories. It doesn't seem to matter that these is still proto pictures. The finished product will be excellent.

Youre right.it could be just because of the macro thingy with the camera.. looking from afar its pure bad@$$3ry!

Already preordered mine and considering getting another. Must say if all the light sabers lit up electronically I would order three!

Back