1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the IG-86 series droids were featured a few times in the clone wars,So i would assume the IG-88 series was made soon after, and the IG-88 droid we all know was created/designed then

I'm still on the fence on whether I should order this guy or not.

I think he looks great and would like to see him in my collection but with so many other things coming out next year (around the same time) I really didn't want to spend another £200 on a figure.

I think I'll will have to do a pros and cons list, :lol

Finally decided to bite the bullet and let go of my PT hatred... Grievous is pre-ordered. Great design and engineering; kudos to Sideshow for following through on such a complicated and unique character. Hopefully Grievous doing well means we'll also see the IG-100s sometime in the next few years. :pray:

Ya know how the heck am I supposed to display him... Hmm 2 extra arms, 2 closed, 2 open. Maybe 1 arm opened and other closed in a dynamic pose?

$500 for the new deluxe vader and Grievous, thought these would only cost me $350, not sure I am going to pull the trigger on either one now.

$500 for the new deluxe vader and Grievous, thought these would only cost me $350, not sure I am going to pull the trigger on either one now.

People need to stop and open their eyes. $500 is a ridiculous price for two figures (don't forget your shipping and customs charges. If applies)
Hasbro's might have timed the release of their 6" line at the perfect time. A new line to take your mind away from overpriced figures!!

$500 is definitely way too much. I think Vader is overpriced by maybe $50-$75, regardless of the blinky lights. But I think Grievous is kinda fair considering he's completely unique from head to toe and required over two years of development work to get to production.

Vader is especially difficult for me to justify purchasing since I have the ANH version which I am mostly happy with. I'm holding off til he's ready to ship to make my final decision. If I see that I can swing the cash, then I will buy him. I have several other figures that I have prioritized ahead of this Vader, so the high price is definitely what's holding me back.

However, as neat as those 6" figures seem to be, they definitely don't come close to replacing 1:6 figures for me.

I jumped on Vader before I even knew what was happening. My hand just did it. I have been collecting 1/6th SW for a couple of years now and missed out on previous Vaders.

My first NRD and I don't regret it but I have smacked my own hand off the mouse when Grievous came up. I am still contemplating the non-exclusive version without NRD but not sure. I want Grievous but too much stuff is bunching up in January and February now. I have Vader, Malgus, and Baroness already PO'd. I wish they would have hit "before the end of the year" like they were trying for... it would have been nice as a Christmas present to myself.

After HT Scar Predator, my list of WTB 1/6th figures is "zero". I would love to own Darth Vader, General Grevious and Robocop. But I will not allow myself to pay $250 / $800+ on three figures.

I guess I might not be a 1/6th scale collector, but I will buy one from time to time.

Not saying the Hasbro 6" line is a replacement (nothing compares to 1/6th scale), but it is a good distraction to follow!!!

Thanks, Centrocal, really does show off all the detail of the figure. Cape's nicer than I thought.

Kewl, can see the diamond texture on the red side of the cape on that pic. Can't miss this guy!

Just curious if the container with the organs will be transparent plastic or just painted. Can't see it well on any of the released pics.

Does any one know about this?

That hi-res shot really shows off the superb details on the body parts. Area around the eyes (at least on the BD mask) looks way better that some of the shots featured from SDCC did. That cape is pretty sweet...

I just wish we could get some shots of him a little more splay-legged and hunched over like we saw him in the movie...he was rarely drawn up to his full height....I'm just anxious to see if the figure can achieve those kinds of poses. Sure hope so, because I'd like to try for a more "supplicating gesture" pose like he had while conferring with the hologram of Sidious...

I really loved Grievous in the Tartakovsky Clone Wars.
Just held back on getting this because of how they mishandled him in ROTS and the later Clone Wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4

Perhaps they'll do a Tartakovsky CW version, an all white repaint like Boba. :D
Great clip. I never caught anything outside of the prequels but this is the first time since becoming a Star Wars fan way-back-when that I prefer EU to the movies.

That hi-res shot really shows off the superb details on the body parts. Area around the eyes (at least on the BD mask) looks way better that some of the shots featured from SDCC did. That cape is pretty sweet...

I just wish we could get some shots of him a little more splay-legged and hunched over like we saw him in the movie...he was rarely drawn up to his full height....I'm just anxious to see if the figure can achieve those kinds of poses. Sure hope so, because I'd like to try for a more "supplicating gesture" pose like he had while conferring with the hologram of Sidious...
Personally I intend to try and make Grievous as intimidating as possible, but the figure certainly seems to have more than enough articulation to do both. I don't think you'll be disappointed, JB. Looking forward to your Grievous shots in the future.

Last edited:
aside from the "tales of the bounty hunters" story is there anywhere it was actually stated how long ig88 has been about or when his model was designed?

Ignoring the EU, my take would be IG-88 was made during the Clone Wars (so not too long before the IG-100s -- presumably during a war they'd be refining and cranking out new IG iterations at a breakneck pace) and managed to avoid deactivation. Afterwards, he becomes a bounty hunter until we eventually catch-up with him on the Executor. I don't think he's necessarily a newer model because we see him later in film continuity.

Other explanations could be that someone found him wrecked and refurbished him or that the model, despite being old, is still useful and produced. I like the idea of him being a holdover from the Clone Wars the best, though, since it would mean he's unique and gives him some character, as opposed to being a generic assassin droid.

well the IG-86 series droids were featured a few times in the clone wars,So i would assume the IG-88 series was made soon after, and the IG-88 droid we all know was created/designed then

I THINK the amended Canon ( which includes the Tales of the bounty hunters story) is that the ig-88 series was considered a failure. They couldn't handle the processing load, and would simply short out a short time after being activated. The model was taken out of service, and they moved on to another droid. 4 of them were eventualy purchased by another person, who refurbished them with an experimental AI that he/she felt would fix them. part of this was outfitting 4 of them with a hivemind. A shared conciousness to split up the processing requirements. This worked, but also made them FAR to intelegent, and independant. ( The events of the Baounty hunters story) I THINK in the official canon, this takes place AROUND the events or, shortly before ANH.
I'll do some digging and see what i can come up with that's more concrete.

Kewl, can see the diamond texture on the red side of the cape on that pic. Can't miss this guy!

Just curious if the container with the organs will be transparent plastic or just painted. Can't see it well on any of the released pics.

Does any one know about this?

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Star_Wars_Wed-040.jpg

It looks like transparent rubber or some sort.. what do you guys think?

@ Lerath - I really disliked IG's back story as written in Tales of the Bounty Hunters. Didn't like the hive mind and IG merging his consciousness with the Death Star was completely preposterous. Definitely prefer my own interpretation to theirs. :p

@ Mazukou - Agreed, looks like a somewhat translucent plastic. Wish it had more detail, though.

Last edited:
Back