1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they were releasing him I'm sure we'd have seen something from Sideshow first.

Yes, that’s what I think too. Wouldn’t the moulds be a bit dated to be used in a new production run? It would be nice if they went ahead and reproduced Grievous, but that would probably mean we will never see a Hot Toys version.... :gah:

The Sideshow figure was great for the time but I've since sold him as well.

I think the character is popular and significant enough to warrant a new version, which would have better details and paint.

Hot Toys has done pretty well with large mechanical figures so I would hope it's in the cards at some point.

I imagine there'd just need to be an opening in their release schedule for it.

They've also been waiting for prices to raise enough to a point of expectation. New Iron Man prices nearing $500 is exactly where Grievous likely makes sense given size, complication and the diecast needed to balance him.

They could've charged that from the get go and people would still have bought it despite a lot of grousing, but maybe that's part of it.

The Endgame Iron Patriot Mk 2 is $469. I imagine Grievous would be about $500, like you said. With prices for regular Star Wars figures getting closer and closer to $300, I guess a $500 Grievous would feel like a bargain in comparison nowadays.

I would certainly be more impressed with what would go into making a Hot Toys Grievous than with the diecast Iron Man figures which have never fully justified the prices.

Not that the Iron Man figures aren't great in their own right and I still own a few of them, but adding a tiny amount of diecast and upping the prices that much has never sat right with me.

Grievous is large and thin and needs weight and has arms that separate into four and have to be able to support themselves. Its a lot of engineering, so I'm thinking they didn't want to tackle it until the prices were in line with what it would likely cost to manufacture.

Somewhere between $449 - $499 would be my guess.

I forget what SS Grievous cost originally... but the poor thing could barely stand on its own... and its plastic bends so the whole figure sags over time.

Sideshow Grievous was $250 when it went up for pre-order in 2013 after being unveiled in 2011.

It is a difficult design to do as a figure, and one where I hope Hot Toys doesn't cheap out and uses metal joints. The design of the feet definitely don't help with stability though.

I think closer to $500 is more likely. Possibly more than that depending on how far down the line he gets done.

i`m working on a custom of grievous. he is a load to do that`s for sure. i used the gentle giant bust i got that was already broken. the tough part was figuring out how to install legs and arms. i`m still working on it take photo`s as i get closer to completion. just need to find some joints for his arms to attach . wonder if any one has any idea`s. i would like to find the ones sideshow used but i doubt i would find anything close to that.

Sideshow Grievous was $250 when it went up for pre-order in 2013 after being unveiled in 2011.

It is a difficult design to do as a figure, and one where I hope Hot Toys doesn't cheap out and uses metal joints. The design of the feet definitely don't help with stability though.

I think closer to $500 is more likely. Possibly more than that depending on how far down the line he gets done.

Definitely more $$$ as the clock ticks on. I've been expecting to see him for 2x SDCCs now... and I hope to see him this year again.

here is a custom of grievous that i put together. the main body was a Gentle Giant bust of him. i added legs and redesigned the arms which are a pain to do as i`m still working on ideas to make them work. it will be a good place holder until hot toys decides to make him.
IMG_0441.jpg
IMG_0442.jpg
IMG_0444.jpg

here is a custom of grievous that i put together. the main body was a Gentle Giant bust of him. i added legs and redesigned the arms which are a pain to do as i`m still working on ideas to make them work. it will be a good place holder until hot toys decides to make him.

View attachment 511443
Nice custom work! Are you getting the Sideshow version now that it’s been revealed?

The day Hot Toys unveils their version of Grievous would be the most glorious day in my collecting journey, hope to see some battle droids too.

The day Hot Toys unveils their version of Grievous would be the most glorious day in my collecting journey, hope to see some battle droids too.

Imagine... Dooku and Grievous together, flanked by 2 B1 battle droids and 2 Super battle droids.

Speaking about Super Battle Dro?ds, i'm wondering if the ones teased in the Death Watch Mando promo pics are actual prototypes in development or kit bashed from an older Hasbro or some other manufacturer product.

Back