1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm planning to have a more screen accurate 1/6 Dewback 3D sculpted in the next few months.

This SSC Dewback is a great piece - it conforms well to the iconic (though limited - only really shoulder and head visible) Dewback pic from ANH - but with the chicken feet, stubby tail and the too-wide head, I'm wanting something closer to the actual prop.

I've amassed a ton of ref pics and just looking into sculptors now. It's going to be slightly idealized due to the roughness of the prop construction but key for me are the rhino/elephant type feet/legs, a longer/thinner tail, narrower head and a more accurately proportioned body. Adding some fur to the neck will also be essential.

Sounds lie an exciting project. What are you plans for the saddle?

Actually blurrgs were a Phil Tippett creation that first debuted in the live-action 1985 Ewok Battle for Endor TV movie.

Interesting side note, that one was a full cinema release in Australia where it was called Ewoks and the Marauders of Endor.

aus20.jpg

I think as a kid I was only aware of Caravan of Courage. Were they in that one too?

No they were not. I only saw Caravan of Courage when it aired in 1984 as well and had no idea there was a second ewok movie until quite a few years later.

Interesting side note, that one was a full cinema release in Australia where it was called Ewoks and the Marauders of Endor.

aus20.jpg

Does that make it more canon than The Mandalorian to you? ;)

Actually blurrgs were a Phil Tippett creation that first debuted in the live-action 1985 Ewok Battle for Endor TV movie.

Wow, I have that Double feature DVD but have never watched it.

Kudos to Jon Favreau for bringing back such a little known (cough) beast.

Sadly I had the chance to meet Phil Tippett and didn't take advantage of the opportunity.

Added to my list of "the one's that got away!"

Which included the chance to buy a brand new Dewback for 240 English pounds.

Does that make it more canon than The Mandalorian to you? ;)

:rotfl

Kudos to Jon Favreau for bringing back such a little known (cough) beast.

Thank Filoni. This has him written all over it as he featured Blurgs in many Clone Wars and Rebels episodes. It's annoying how "fans" gush over Favreau when it's obvious most of this stuff is pure Filoni. You only have to watch the making of the Madalorian series to see Favreau does not have any clue about these details.

Finally have this guy coming. Won it off eBay. I?ve been waiting for this a long time. Should be here by the 4th of January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally have this guy coming. Won it off eBay. I?ve been waiting for this a long time. Should be here by the 4th of January.

Nice. Did he come with a SS Sandtrooper as well ? I saw one was up for auction the other day.

No it didn?t. I?m not a fan of the Sideshow sandy. Too many inaccuracies and too floppy a body.

No it didn?t. I?m not a fan of the Sideshow sandy. Too many inaccuracies and too floppy a body.

Congrats Jim! Just know that in my experience the HT Sandtrooper won't really fit on the Dewback saddle. I tried pretty hard but it really felt like forcing it was going to cause serious damage. So I pose my Sandies on the ground next to the beast.

Arrived yesterday but I was at work all day till early this morning. Finally opened it up today. Beautiful piece. Didn?t realize the dewback was hollow and the base was the heaviest part. So glad to finally have this bad boy in my collection.
800511aa30272e64e279052686927f09.jpg

33ad3d179ea3c85c63b85f62fa691b9a.jpg

63251f97052d99210afb8c76218f1951.jpg

Yeah I know this has been a grail piece for you for a long time, so awesome to see a happy ending to the search.

Arrived yesterday but I was at work all day till early this morning. Finally opened it up today. Beautiful piece. Didn?t realize the dewback was hollow and the base was the heaviest part. So glad to finally have this bad boy in my collection.
33ad3d179ea3c85c63b85f62fa691b9a.jpg

Congrats! I know it's unrelated, but I like to imagine you chucked those paintings to make room for a new shelf for the Dewback.

Incredible. Congrats, jedijim! :clap
Thanks!
Yeah I know this has been a grail piece for you for a long time, so awesome to see a happy ending to the search.
Yes it has been a long anticipated acquirement. Thank you.
congratulations!!
Thanks.
Congrats! I know it's unrelated, but I like to imagine you chucked those paintings to make room for a new shelf for the Dewback.
LOL That?s funny. Those are some frames my wife found on the side of the road she plans to strip and repaint. I had the space open and ready for the dewback for over a year and have been hoping to add it to the collection for much longer than that. I finally had the extra scratch and found it at a decent enough price to justify it. Perfect timing I guess.

I finally picked one of these up on eBay too, been hanging out for a Sideshow re-release, but who knows?
Paid $1100 US for Dewback and Sand Trooper, I thought that was a reasonable price. Let's hope they arrive in one piece.....

Back