1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the new rancor being $1300, a rereleased Dewback would cost at least $700. Would enough people pay that to justify a rerelease?
I got mine not long ago for less. Keep looking!

I don't think it would be that high, my guess it would be in the $500-550 range. The original came out 8-9 years ago at $299, and manufacturing cost would have gone up quite a bit, but it's just a re-release of an old product, no new tooling/patterning, packaging design etc.

Re-releases of SSC 1/6 figures, though the years-gap is less, and a different class of product, seemed to go up maybe 25% in price. IG-88 is best example as its same era as SSC Dewback (five year gap between releases, 2012 and 2017) went from $175 to $215.

It's a long shot they'd do the re-release for sure but with it featured so prominently in Mandalorian (it's not just seen, Mando himself rides it) and with HT doing a 1/6 Mando, you'd think it would be on SSC's radar.

I also think because it's a statue it may get around Sideshow's apparent lack of active figure license, if they did indeed lose the 1/6 figure license in the past 18 months - jury is still out on that.

And yeah, these do show up and sell in the $700 range if you're patient - I've been looking out for another member on here and one sold on eBay recently (in the past two weeks) for about $750.

I paid a whopping $120 shipping for the one i got last year - East to West coast. Prior to that i was pricing the new Jabba and Throne where Time Walker quoted me almost $130 to ship from them, so I went with SSC on that...$35 which was weird. Then heard all the Jabbas were shipping from SSC despite which retailer they were ordered from so... :dunno

He rides the one abandoned by the dead bounty hunter, momentarily, in Ep.5 ;)

E6164036-07F2-4330-B496-B759C5EB819D.jpeg

I paid a whopping $120 shipping for the one i got last year - East to West coast. Prior to that i was pricing the new Jabba and Throne where Time Walker quoted me almost $130 to ship from them, so I went with SSC on that...$35 which was weird. Then heard all the Jabbas were shipping from SSC despite which retailer they were ordered from so... :dunno

View attachment 483191

Yeah, it's that pic alone that makes me think SSC would think about re-releasing the Dewback. Honestly, they'd be crazy not to do it.

They even matched the exact angle of the iconic ANH promo pic that everyone thinks of when they think "Dewback." It's little insider details like that that make the show so special.

View attachment 483191

Woops! I totally forgot about that episode. My bad. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hunt goes on for a decently priced dewback. These things are like trying to find the end of the rainbow.

The hunt goes on for a decently priced dewback. These things are like trying to find the end of the rainbow.

Tell me about it. Just can't understand why Sideshow didn't jump on it for Season 1 !

The logic that they sold slowly last time just doesn't track. It's what 10 years or so ? There are a whole new group of new collectors out there now. And it's not hard for them to see the prices and availability on eBay.

Tell me about it. Just can't understand why Sideshow didn't jump on it for Season 1 !

The logic that they sold slowly last time just doesn't track. It's what 10 years or so ? There are a whole new group of new collectors out there now. And it's not hard for them to see the prices and availability on eBay.

Even though SS won't admit it but I don't thin they have the 1:6 license any longer. Mythos Boba and Lando Skiff are the end of the road.

Wouldn?t it be great if the Mandalorian sparked some competition again between sideshow and hot toys? Collectors were much better off when both companies were still producing products. We need a new Dewback. I couldn?t afford it back in the day but this time I won?t miss out. First day preorder for me.

Wouldn?t it be great if the Mandalorian sparked some competition again between sideshow and hot toys? Collectors were much better off when both companies were still producing products. We need a new Dewback. I couldn?t afford it back in the day but this time I won?t miss out. First day preorder for me.

Sideshow, Asmus, Blitzway anyone. However like I think I've mentioned Sideshow has the skills and setup these days more for static statues, which is what a Dewback is !!!!

So frustrating. But yeah, they probably don't have the Star Wars 1/6 license anymore otherwise they would be showing more 1/6 Star Wars figures and/or statues.

Such a a shame that there’s no third party stuff knocking around. With sideshow giving up and hot toys never going to get to the obscure ones ....

I'm planning to have a more screen accurate 1/6 Dewback 3D sculpted in the next few months.

This SSC Dewback is a great piece - it conforms well to the iconic (though limited - only really shoulder and head visible) Dewback pic from ANH - but with the chicken feet, stubby tail and the too-wide head, I'm wanting something closer to the actual prop.

I've amassed a ton of ref pics and just looking into sculptors now. It's going to be slightly idealized due to the roughness of the prop construction but key for me are the rhino/elephant type feet/legs, a longer/thinner tail, narrower head and a more accurately proportioned body. Adding some fur to the neck will also be essential.

I hate to be that guy but Mando rides a Blurrg not the Dewback. They were first featured in an episode of the Clone Wars in 2009. It would be great if sideshow does remake this one but I?m rather doubtful.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Blurrg

Actually blurrgs were a Phil Tippett creation that first debuted in the live-action 1985 Ewok Battle for Endor TV movie.

EJTBDbmXUAMJwrO.jpg

Back