1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure the actual item is #ed on the bottom which I thought would make it trickier to reproduce. Change something up I guess and go for it.

Ah okay didn't know that. Yeah if they release this again it's probably the way they will go, change some small thing and it's "new".

Or just release it without a number on the bottom if the originals are numbered. Truthfully, i don't think Sideshow cares if these were initially limited or not.

It seems so far they are either leaving items out or changing something small. Has anything been a straight out re-release that was exactly the same? I know they don't care but I was just thinking legally they would have to do something different. Who knows maybe I'm wrong it certainly would not be the first time.:lol

It seems so far they are either leaving items out or changing something small. Has anything been a straight out re-release that was exactly the same? I know they don't care but I was just thinking legally they would have to do something different. Who knows maybe I'm wrong it certainly would not be the first time.:lol

That's why it's a bit lame on their part. They're probably just doing enough to get cleared by their legal department so as to not violate the terms they set with a previous release being "limited". The e-web cannon looks identical so far though.

Someone from SS commented that they didn't include the bespin base with boba (not for cost reasons but to keep the first release special). Sounds kinda like horse **** to me, given that the new Boba was more anyhow.

I don't really think there's anything truly wrong with doing a new edition of something limited. I guess I can see why some people would be upset but I don't really think technically any action could be brought against Sideshow for doing re-releases. Frankly it sounds a bit like some people are taking this stuff way too seriously. I'm all for the Dewback being re-issued and hope Sideshow does it.

Covering their ass from a PR perspective, the legality of their action would be an interesting thing to note. I don't want to disrupt their roll..keep pumping them out and pleasing us...or disappointing is, whatever the case may be.

darth-vader-i-am-altering-the-deal.jpg

If that was the case I don't think they would bother doing anything different on the releases. The fact they are altering things just a bit shows me anyways they are covering their ass.
:lol Seriously what do you think would be the recourse for something like this? There are plenty of items that are sold as so called "limited editions" that are later re-released or re-packaged. It may not be a practice you like but I'm fairly certain legally there's nothing you can do about it. It's not like by you buying an item that's limited that you're entering into a binding contract with Sideshow that takes away their right to produce more of said item in the future. I can understand why some might be upset but at the end of the day they're a business and will do whatever makes them money.

:lol Seriously what do you think would be the recourse for something like this? There are plenty of items that are sold as so called "limited editions" that are later re-released or re-packaged. It may not be a practice you like but I'm fairly certain legally there's nothing you can do about it. It's not like by you buying an item that's limited that you're entering into a binding contract with Sideshow that takes away their right to produce more of said item in the future. I can understand why some might be upset but at the end of the day they're a business and will do whatever makes them money.
I don't know what someone can legally do nor do I care. They could release the same exact thing for all I care. All I stated is that they are changing small things for a reason.....be it legal or like someone else mentioned for public image.

If that was the case I don't think they would bother doing anything different on the releases. The fact they are altering things just a bit shows me anyways they are covering their ass.

It just shows me that they're cutting costs. ANd while doing that if they can make some improvements, so be it. The goal is additional sales. Always.

Back